Opinions on PS2 MS3 - Will it come out here eventually?

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I want to know what people think about Metal Slug 3 PS2. I will get the import if it doesn't come out here in the US, but I don't want to get it if there's a chance it may come out. Does anyone think there's a chance? I heard that it wasn't going to, but is it likely that some other publisher would bring it over? Any informed views would be appreciated.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I don't think so man. I mean, the only company to actively put out SNK games in the US dropped their contract with them.

JL143

n00b
I think that it might... There is a slight chance that some dev over here might see it and translate it. If that doesnt happen, just get the neo-geo version. It will probably still be better than the ps2 version.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
You know, it'd be really sweet if we started a Dev/Publishing team to bring games like that over. Maybe I'm dreaming, but I just want more SNK ports in the U.S.!! buttrock

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I hope Slug 3 comes out for the PS2 in the states. I suppose i will be content to playing MS3 on my supergun though.

nemezisx

Cham Cham's Banana
Yeah it may come but at What cost? . No blood and Gore, Nah don't think so.

TheBigBB

I have the Neo-Geo version, it's just that there's added stuff in the PS2 one and I feel I should own it because of my website. I was planning on making a big page for it on release with tons of screens and maybe videos of new things. About the... No blood and gore? Have you ever played Metal Slug before? All that you miss out on is some redness in the blood which there is very little of. BUT who says they'd take it out anyway? I don't care at all. It's better to see the funny hostage names in English than to have a few red pixels.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
dmhawkmoon:
I have the Neo-Geo version, it's just that there's added stuff in the PS2 one and I feel I should own it because of my website. I was planning on making a big page for it on release with tons of screens and maybe videos of new things. About the... No blood and gore? Have you ever played Metal Slug before? All that you miss out on is some redness in the blood which there is very little of. BUT who says they'd take it out anyway? I don't care at all. It's better to see the funny hostage names in English than to have a few red pixels.
Metal Slug X US has white blood only - no blood code. It's very detracting to say the least.

slerch666

updyke,
I contacted Working Designs previously about bringing out a Metal Slug collection for the PS2 or some other system. Did you guys realize that back in the day they were going to try and bring Metal Slug (the original) out (I don't know what system, but I'd guess the Saturn, since there was a MS on the Saturn... at least I think there was. Please correct me if I am wrong)? That's what the dude said in his reply. Also in his reply was that while anything was possible, WD doesn't try to go after that type of game any more... just RPGs and shooters (as in Thunder Force V style shooters, I think). If I still have the reply, I'll post it if anyone is really interested.

The easy part of bringing a Neo game to the US is that the translation and everything is already done. It's on the cart. They just need to emulate the system to act like an English system. And if they did it right, you could swap between Japanese and English, along with turning on/off the blood. How difficult could that be? Actually it would just be cool if Playmore released these games in Japan, but with the option to change all the settings, like playing in English. HOW HARD WOULD THAT BE???!!!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
dmhawkmoon:
Metal Slug X US has white blood only - no blood code. It's very detracting to say the least.
Err is there blood in Slug 3?

Edit: Eh nevermind i found the blood option in the soft dip settings.

<small>[ March 24, 2003, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Lagduf ]</small>

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
Well, Acclaim is bringing over KOFEX2 for the GBA so there might be a slight chance that they will bring over more SNK/Playmore games in the future.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Lagduf:
EvilWasabi:
dmhawkmoon:
Err is there blood in Slug 3?
in japanese mode, I do believe so.

I believe someone at the Madman's Cafe contacted Snkneogeousa, and they told him that they were going to release an U.S version of the game. I'd link it for you, but I can't do it at the moment. If true, it's as good a beginning as any for Playmore's U.S offices.

TheBigBB

EvilWasabi:
I've played with and without blood and I can't even notice unless I'm thinking about it. I'm far too engrossed in the game itself.

<small>[ March 25, 2003, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: dmhawkmoon ]</small>

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I'm going with the import, as much as I would love for it to get a U.S. release I'm not going to hold my breath and wait for it

J. Max

judas,
I doubt it will come out here sadly enough. Playmore just doesn't seem interested in the U.S. market, other than MVS.

TheBigBB

I've decided just to get the import. I'll do a big page on it as soon as I get it so people can see what it's like.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
Are there any special modes like "Combat School" or "Another Story"?