What happen to Kaitengames?

cuccoo

Tarma's Gun Polisher
<a href="http://www.kaitengames.com" target="_blank">http://www.kaitengames.com</a>

gone

cuccoo

Tarma's Gun Polisher
ummm I dont understand what you mean, can you elaborate?

ray is neogeousa.com right?

deffty

Kula's Candy
From what I know,
Kaitengames used to be from a member here named Nikke(Nikki).
He sold Neo geo games directly from Japan at very reasonable price even for very rare games.

Until a day his friend Ray from !Arcade become his distributor for Neo geo games? =>all Neo geo games will go through Ray(third party) then to customers resulting in a increased in price.
You can no longer buy from Nikke directly, WTF?
very_ang

Later Nikke depend only on selling Sigma supergun, other DC, Xbox, PS2, GG stuffs but maybe business is bad and soon his website is down, gone? and he never post here for a very long time.
Don't really know what happen to him...

I think you can do a search for Nikke member *995*.
Theres a topic on Nikke, Ray(!Arcade) VS ??? and ??? regarding some Scam problems and after that event, Ray become the only Neo geo games distributor for Nikke. oh_no

Somebody correct me if I wrong, members earlier than me should know the story.
buttrock

cuccoo

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I'm interested in the superguns. Too bad they are gone. frown

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
deffty:
From what I know,
Kaitengames used to be from a member here named Nikke(Nikki).
He sold Neo geo games directly from Japan at very reasonable price even for very rare games.

Until a day his friend Ray from !Arcade become his distributor for Neo geo games? =>all Neo geo games will go through Ray(third party) then to customers resulting in a increased in price.
You can no longer buy from Nikke directly, WTF?
very_ang

Later Nikke depend only on selling Sigma supergun, other DC, Xbox, PS2, GG stuffs but maybe business is bad and soon his website is down, gone? and he never post here for a very long time.
Don't really know what happen to him...

I think you can do a search for Nikke member *995*.
Theres a topic on Nikke, Ray(!Arcade) VS ??? and ??? regarding some Scam problems and after that event, Ray become the only Neo geo games distributor for Nikke. oh_no

Somebody correct me if I wrong, members earlier than me should know the story.
buttrock
I've always bought from Nikkie Directly. Was originally reffered to him by !Arcade! actualy. I'm sure it wasn't because of Ray and such. Things just change, ya know?

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
The scam problems between Nikke and the site members were no surprise, he used to ship based on commitment to buy alone before he had even been paid. eek! (shudder)

But anyway, I was able to contact him right before he went out of business and get him to sell me an ultra-rare S-vid cable for the Sigma. Outstanding seller, and I don't know what I'd have done if I hadn't been able to get ahold of him.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Yeah, Kaiten games was a webstore run by a really cool Swedish fellow living in Japan named Nikke (also a member here). Kaiten games was actually just a Japanese real estate agent who hired Nikke to make a little cash on the side for him.

I bought several homecarts off him and chatted with him over AIM and thought he was a really terrific cool guy.

He was trusting (perhaps to his detriment) and very helpful overall.

And most important- HIS PRICES WERE LOW

But here's what happened:

Ray Young AKA !Arcade! made him an offer that was too sweet for him to refuse and took all Nikke's inventory so he could jack up Nikke's low prices and make a nice profit.

So ended Kaiten games as a Neo Geo supplier- done in by a combination of assholes taking advantage of him and Ray Young's cutthroat business tactics.

Mr. Wizard

Angel's Love Slave
Would be cool if he would take prepaid orders off here. I wonder if the cases for his superguns were of his own design or if they were premade with his own minor changes. Also who makes the Pana Twin and the Vega Jr. Any links?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Nikke was a fantastic, honest seller. I bought a Samurai Shodown 4 JPN cart from him not long before he ceased selling to the Neo community, and I got a very good price on it. A shame he left the business, but at least we still have great sellers like Carlson (16-bit) and Neobomberman for older games, and of course the Neo Store for new releases.