Metal Slug 5...

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
...is now on the release schedule on the Japanese Playmore site:

<a href="http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/consumer/schedule.html" target="_blank">release schedule</a>

[edit: fixed link]

<small>[ March 20, 2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: tsukaesugi ]</small>

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
This is good news! I hope Slug 5 does something new/cool with the Slug series. Now hopefully the price of Slug 4 mvs will go down so i can afford it...

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's too bad MS4 was not worth the trouble. CA$H IN baby. Not to say it's a totally shit game, but why bother releasing something when you cant even top its predecesor?? Huh?

Lets hope they get their shit together this time for something truly worth the cash and time.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Rade Kuruc:
why bother releasing something when you cant even top its predecesor?? Huh?
If you go by that standard, then 99.8% of games shouldn't be released. wink

tsukaesugi

Snooptalian:
Sounds good. Is MS5 gonna be on MVS and NGH format, or just MVS?
The schedule is for Homecart format.

I assume the MVS will be out a few months earlier.

Rade K

20 Year Member
dmhawkmoon:
Rade Kuruc:
why bother releasing something when you cant even top its predecesor?? Huh?
If you go by that standard, then 99.8% of games shouldn't be released. wink
That's funny, because it's the same reason I don't buy 99.8% of games released these days.....smartass.

I guess by your standards, you could say I have...good taste...well, better than yours.

deffty

Kula's Candy
Why do I got a bad feeling that Metal Slug 5 will use recycle graphics from Metal slug 3 and 4? eek_2
or maybe using the current USA VS Iraq topic?
METAL SLUG 5 - Saddam Must Die
make_fac

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
i WILL pre order this one!
well, i cant find a date, has a date been announced? any screens of slug 5 or slug gba yet?

tsukaesugi

+++SLUG FLYER+++:
i WILL pre order this one!
well, i cant find a date, has a date been announced? any screens of slug 5 or slug gba yet?
Not on the Playmore site, anyway. It's just a listing saying it will be released eventually: like SNK VS. Capcom was for the last four months or so.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
REHASH TIME!!!

Jesus Playmore, bring back another series. Enough Slugs and KOFs already... oh_no

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
FeelGood:
REHASH TIME!!!

Jesus Playmore, bring back another series. Enough Slugs and KOFs already... oh_no
Yeah, but question is, will you re-hash your slug 4 hatred into slug 5?

That gets far too stale too... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Frasermozz

Another Striker
playmore:I JUST LOVE BEATING THIS DEAD HORSE!

hmmmm after ms4 I have serious doubts about 5
although I did prefer the character art in the selection screen :)

<small>[ March 21, 2003, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: Frasermozz ]</small>

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
I wish it was left to die with some dignity.
The MS series deserves a christian burial.
I am a long time fan btw
Imho #4 was a mistake.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Rade Kuruc:
That's funny, because it's the same reason I don't buy 99.8% of games released these days.....smartass.

I guess by your standards, you could say I have...good taste...well, better than yours.
Hahahahah I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that comment.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Man, all this negatism...

I love the slug series, can't you guys even hope for a new episode that will actually be worth it ?

If you're so death tired of all these games, just sell your neo or something.

Come on, this could become a good game !!!

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
leGionellz:
Man, all this negatism...

I love the slug series, can't you guys even hope for a new episode that will actually be worth it ?

If you're so death tired of all these games, just sell your neo or something.

Come on, this could become a good game !!!
Thank you, this is exactly how I feel. For all of those whining about not wanting MS5 or saying that it will suck, just dump your Neo stuff now; you're obviously burnt out on the system and games. MS4 wasn't a bad game at all (despite some rehashed elements, I really enjoyed it), and MS5 has the potential to be a great game if the rumors we've heard are true. Why not give it some time, instead of trashing it before even one screenshot it posted? How about having an open mind about it? Is that too much to ask?

Personally, I am really looking forward to Metal Slug 5. Moreso that any KOF update, or even Matrimelee. Let's wait and see how it looks from dev screenshots AT LEAST before making judgements. Otherwise, its just bitching for the sake of bitching, thats it. oh_no

bokmeow

FeelGood:
REHASH TIME!!!

I could say the same for most of the Xbox, PS2, GBA, Nintendo Gamecube games. What's your point?

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
chimpmeister:
Thank you, this is exactly how I feel. For all of those whining about not wanting MS5 or saying that it will suck, just dump your Neo stuff now; you're obviously burnt out on the system and games. MS4 wasn't a bad game at all (despite some rehashed elements, I really enjoyed it), and MS5 has the potential to be a great game if the rumors we've heard are true. Why not give it some time, instead of trashing it before even one screenshot it posted? How about having an open mind about it? Is that too much to ask?

Personally, I am really looking forward to Metal Slug 5. Moreso that any KOF update, or even Matrimelee. Let's wait and see how it looks from dev screenshots AT LEAST before making judgements. Otherwise, its just bitching for the sake of bitching, thats it. oh_no
You express my sentiments exactly. This is one area where we see eye to eye.

Shred

Bead Banger
Hey now we all need a good dose of cartoon type violence. It's what keeps use sedate and happy.

lol lol buttrock

bokmeow

Shred:
Hey now we all need a good dose of cartoon type violence. It's what keeps use sedate and happy.

lol lol buttrock
Off the topic, but who's that you have as your avatar pic Shred? He doesn't seem to get enough to eat. Makes Calista Flockhart look obese.