The new upcoming Neo Geo stuff

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
As everyone have seen this on the first page of this site, I have to say that these news are incredibly great.

I trully appreciate what copterdoctor67 did with the Neo Geo logo paint on the Heli.

This is the kind of attitude that proves you really love the Neo Geo spirit.

I don't know if it was either Shawn or Mouse_master posting this news on the page, but either one of them had a great idea to incentivate people to do that and share along the community.

Sharing this kind of stuff is a trully act of Neo Geo passion, and with pride we do a lot of things to imortalize the Neo.

I trully second that everybody here should share their Extra-Neo experiences such as this one.

Would only prove you really love that system.

<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/news/helicopter/copter.html" target="_blank">Good luck on your mission Crp. Granados </a>

It may be hardcore, but it's the true SNK spirit. wink

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It shows dedication to Neo.

Other than that, I think a Neo logo on a weapon sucks big time, sorry.

2DRevolution

Quiz Detective
A medical copter is just as important as one that is used in battle.

Great way to show your support to the Neo, I salute you.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Threads like this make me want to quit ng.com.

And that is not a joke.

<small>[ March 19, 2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Takumaji ]</small>

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Kick some ass for us and come home safely.

-JHendrix

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
suicidekiller:
OK but a Neo logo doesn't legalises the upcoming war ...
I have no idea what you mean by the above.

suicidekiller:
PEACE :D

PS : Pearl Jam SUXX
I'm deeply hurt, your opinion on the music I like matters so much to me.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Takumaji:

And that is not a joke.
we might say war does not decide who's right

only who's left

and we might say that mister bush only cares about his oil

true

but people crying out for peace,
i dont quite get them

mister saddam is a dictator

he's not better than hitler

probably even worse

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Fran:
Takumaji:

And that is not a joke.
we might say war does not decide who's right

only who's left

and we might say that mister bush only cares about his oil

true

i dont quite get them

probably even worse
That may be true, and tho I'm politically interested, it's not what I'm up to this time.

It's kinda vague and may sound silly, but when I first saw that logo on the heli, I had a vision of a smoking battlefield in the middle east. Panicked civilians run amok while US bombs and rockets impact on their houses, and above all that horror, there's a heli with a big fat Neo logo flying slowly from left to right...

Just forget about all the politics for a sec and think about a young Iraqi, prolly in the same age as you, who looks up and sees a helicopter with such a logo.... Neo Geo means a new, free world for gamers, it shouldn't be used as an emblem for military power, even if it's on a medicopter. Neo is games, fun, dedication, arcade experience, not war.

I'm no mindless tree hugger or peace freak, I know that sometimes a bullet does more good than words, but I think we should leave the Neo out of it.

I really didn't want to derail this thread into one of those silly pro-/anti war topics. I'm not anti-US, I'm just scared as shit because of that new war. Really. I wanted to address this in one of those political threads in Unrelated, but I guess ng.com isn't the right place to discuss such things.

I wish I could discuss the issue in my mother tongue. It's very hard to get a point accross in a foreign language. Perhaps ppl would understand my motives better.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
NeoGoaT:
suicidekiller:
OK but a Neo logo doesn't legalises the upcoming war ...
I have no idea what you mean by the above.

suicidekiller:

PS : Pearl Jam SUXX
I'm deeply hurt, your opinion on the music I like matters so much to me.
I ment the upcoming war by the US VS Iraq ...

And Pearl Jam is OK to listen to, but there is a lot more music that sounds better than that (e.g. soundgarden !?!?!)

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
That logo is lame. Might as well have put the nike sign on the side of the copter. 'This war will be a brand led war.' It just looks moronic - NEO GEO should not be usurpered in such a way.

MarrymeMai

Frenzy Football Player
Fran
i dont quite get them

probably even worse
I agree totally, Fran. I hope you weren't being sarcastic. wink

These people who cry for peace make us look like the bad guy. "US don't attack Iraq!!111!" Have they ever considered "Saddam: Do what you've been told to do for the past 12 years!"? Unreal.

<small>[ March 19, 2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: MarrymeMai ]</small>

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
DevilRedeemed:
That logo is lame. Might as well have put the nike sign on the side of the copter. 'This war will be a brand led war.' It just looks moronic - NEO GEO should not be usurpered in such a way.
I think the corporal just wanted to proudly show off his hobby, and when people see it they'll go, 'hey, what's that?' Shouldn't give him a bad time. Ace pilots in World War II did it very often, like having Betty Page or some other hot pinup centerfold painted onto the body of their plane. It's a way for these people to take their mind off the brutality of the war, because it is not a happy profession, you're looking over your shoulder all the time, you're afraid the next breath you breathe may be your last, will you be a casualty of an error in tactical planning and be bombed by accident because you were at a 'hot spot'? Cut the guy some slack.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
maybe, but how would you feel if that same logo was on the side of an Iraki Tank? Would that be justified? Or would Playmore jump in there too loco tickled tickled

<small>[ March 19, 2003, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: DevilRedeemed ]</small>

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
DevilRedeemed:
maybe, but how would you feel if that same logo was on the side of an Iraki Tank? Would that be justified? Or would Playmore jump in there too loco tickled tickled
I think that's quite unfair. Iraqi are people too, do you think all the Iraqis stand behind Sadam Hussein and are evil? A lot of them are just civilians serving their duty, serving their country, or it may be just another profession to them. Did Playmore endorse the corporal's action? No. If someone decides to put George W. Bush's face on an Iraqi tank, does that mean he endorses the Iraqi's purpose?

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Jeez guys, try not to take things like this quite so seriously. We all know how important and significant this war is for everyone, but I think if having a Neo logo on your chopper lets you tell all your army buddies neo stories in the middle of the desert, whatever peace of mind that gives him, that is awesome.

yori

DREDD'S PERSONAL WATCH LIST
<small>[ March 19, 2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: yori ]</small>

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I was joking BOKMEOW. Anyway, let the geezer do what he pleases if it makes him happy. Just seems a bit too hard to accept video games logos in war, that's all. No big deal. Anyway where did you get that I was saying that Iraki people are not human? You got me all wrong friend.

<small>[ March 19, 2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: DevilRedeemed ]</small>

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed:
Do you mean Ikari Warrior Tank? spock

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Actually ment IRAK Water Tank. :rolleyes:
Say NO to the Neo Geo war machine!

<small>[ March 19, 2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: DevilRedeemed ]</small>

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
lol... I wonder if they could get sued by playmore?!

thats actually funny... but that helicoptor looks like crap.... I hope they do maintenance on it soon.

†B†V†