SNK is back!!!....almost

Panzer K

n00b
I was checking the update of Playmore´s new office
adress:

New Address: 14-12 Toyotsu-cho, Suita-city, Osaka 564-0051

The adress sounded familiar to me so I check my old flyers of KOF and here is the address of the old SNK BLDG.

18-12 Toyotsu-cho, Suita-shi, Osaka

So now PLAYMORE is about 4 numbers on the same street to come back...to SNK BLDG. tickled

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Sounds nice. Except that I hate more Playmore everyday. :rolleyes:

CHRiZ-77

Gal Ageise's Demon
Yeah, that´s really nice...

Maybe we´ll get our "Garou9:Return of the Wolves" or an "Art of Fighting 4..." drool_2

Btw, i´m not angry if one of the next official-releases will be a Samurai Shodown 5!!! :rolleyes:

X-death

Raiden's Valet
I have heard a bunch of rumors that SNK will come back. But sadly, I don't think that they are true.

aria

Former Moderator
Panzer K:

So now PLAYMORE is about 4 numbers on the same street to come back...to SNK BLDG. tickled
I dunno why, but I'm kind of afraid that Playmore is playing the same kind of bull-fight/"toro-toro!" game that got NGF busted for breaking the law.

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
Bobak:
Panzer K:

I dunno why, but I'm kind of afraid that Playmore is playing the same kind of bull-fight/"toro-toro!" game that got NGF busted for breaking the law.
Can I ask why you say that? spock

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I have heard a bunch of rumors that SNK will come back. But sadly, I don't think that they are true.
To regain the name SNK would also mean regaining all their debts and problems that caused them to close. So yeah, unless Playmore gets some super huge megabucks to pay back all those debts, it'll likely never happen.

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
Yeah baby, like on tolkien's "YEAH BABY, THE KING IZ BACK", the intendant PLAYMORE will leave the place to the real king, decendent of SNK, ELSSNKNEOGEO (also known by the name of PLAYMORE).

GO!GO! PLAYMORE RANGERS.

snkool

Camel Slug
gozu+mezu:
Yeah baby, like on tolkien's "YEAH BABY, THE KING IZ BACK", the intendant PLAYMORE will leave the place to the real king, decendent of SNK, ELSSNKNEOGEO (also known by the name of PLAYMORE).

GO!GO! PLAYMORE RANGERS.
Whaaaa!?!?!?!... spock

Could you explain that more clearly? :)

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Fygee:
To regain the name SNK would also mean regaining all their debts and problems that caused them to close. So yeah, unless Playmore gets some super huge megabucks to pay back all those debts, it'll likely never happen.
Maybe they'll come into some serious money after they get through financially reaming out NGF and the other crooks they're putting through the legal system! tickled

We can hope anyway... :)

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
SIMON SAY:" Go read Tolkien's THE LORD OF THE RING: 3RD STRIKE-GIANT HOBBITS ATTACK"

X-death

Raiden's Valet
If SNK does come back, I hope they will make their games faster than playmore does.

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
X-death:
If SNK does come back, I hope they will make their games faster than playmore does.
shame
BETTER... not faster
Anyway, it's just a name... THE name, the dev team would be the same.

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
What are you talking about?

Playmore (and all companys that operate under them) is freaking SNK. Most of the old crew is still intact, they own the rights to most (or all series) and they operate in the SNK building.

So playmore would BE SNK if they changed the name to it? If SNK would have changed their name in the mid 90´s, would SNK be dead then?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
cgun:

Playmore (and all companys that operate under them) is freaking SNK. Most of the old crew is still intact, they own the rights to most (or all series) and they operate in the SNK building.
Plus all of the foreign companies still have SNK in the name anyway: SNK-USA, SNK-HK etc.

And 'SNK VS. CAPCOM' will still be released as 'SNK VS. CAPCOM' not 'PLAYMORE VS. CAPCOM'.

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
cgun:

So playmore would BE SNK if they changed the name to it? If SNK would have changed their name in the mid 90´s, would SNK be dead then?
"Most of the old crew is still intact"
I don't agree with you.
Most of SNK employees left SNK to go in other companies such as sammy or Capcom.
And I think it's quite visible according to the last products on the NEO.
Of course, Not even one game was really made by Playmore and I hope SNK VS capcom will rock!
Playmoore takes time to release it, I hope it's because they want to realease the best fighting game ever done, I don't want to think it's because they have problems to do the game.
Anyway, if SNK was really the SNK I remember in 2000 then all the games until now would had been really great... not just nice to see.
SNK will reborn... WILL.

PS: "they operate in the SNK building"
--> not true

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
Scalpeur
[/qb]
"Most of the old crew is still intact"
I don't agree with you.
Most of SNK employees left SNK to go in other companies such as sammy or Capcom.
And I think it's quite visible according to the last products on the NEO.
Of course, Not even one game was really made by Playmore and I hope SNK VS capcom will rock!
Playmoore takes time to release it, I hope it's because they want to realease the best fighting game ever done, I don't want to think it's because they have problems to do the game.
Anyway, if SNK was really the SNK I remember in 2000 then all the games until now would had been really great... not just nice to see.
SNK will reborn... WILL.

PS: "they operate in the SNK building"
--> not true [/QB][/QUOTE]

Playmore do not develop games, playmore is the name of a collective with developers and publishers. Noise, eolith, evoga, mega and so on develop the games. Much like AM2, Amusement Vision and Hitmaker for example develops under the brand SEGA.
They do not operate in the SNK building? Please link me to some accurate information then. According the EDGE for example, they do, and the SNK logo is still on display.

I know that many people have moved on, but people left even when the company was called SNK.

Can´t you feel SNK in KOF 2002? Maybe that´s because you feel the name, not the game.