Neo Geo Release Update including SNK vs. Capcom and lost titles

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
Some of you may know some of this already but some of this sounded new to me so I figured I would post it here. I got this info from someone in Japan and some of it seems right on the mark with other stuff I have heard so I bet most of it is reliable.

Neo Geo Arcade
---------------
3.19.2003 Matrimelee (New Power Instinct)
April 2003 Neo Mini (not MVS some sort of prize game)
May 2003 Pochi and Nya (puzzle game)
May 2003 Metal Slug 5
Summer 2003 SNK Vs. Capcom (working title)

Neo Geo AES
---------------
5.29.2003 Matrimelee
July 2003 Metal Slug 5
Fall 2003 SNK vs. Capcom

Possibly in Production or Undecided
--------------------------------------
King of Fighters 2003 - They are not sure if they are going to put one out every year from now on or if they have the ability to make a new one every year
Mark of the Wolves 2 - It was being developed by SNK before they went under. Development now is uncertain.
Samurai Shodown 5 - It was being developed by SNK before they went under. Development now is uncertain.
Big Tournament Golf 2 - There was talk about this game but this one is highly doubtful.

One thing I should note was that SNK vs. Capcom was the working title for that game. If they would change the name I have no idea why they would change it or what they would change it to. That seemed odd. This game is coming and it is not a rumor.

Also, a bunch of older games are gonna be hitting PS2, Dreamcast, and Gameboy in the next few months but I believe they have already been mentioned so I am not gonna bother with those.

<small>[ March 10, 2003, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: jbeedham ]</small>

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
jbeedham:
Some of you may know some of this already but some of this sounded new to me so I figured I would post it here. I got this info from someone in Japan and some of it seems right on the mark with other stuff I have heard so I bet most of it is reliable.

Neo Geo Arcade
---------------
3.19.2003 Matrimelee
April 2003 Neo Mini (not MVS some sort of prize game)
May 2003 (New Power Instinct)
May 2003 Metal Slug 5
Summer 2003 SNK Vs. Capcom (working title)

Neo Geo AES
---------------
5.29.2003 Matrimelee
July 2003 Metal Slug 5
Fall 2003 SNK vs. Capcom

Possibly in Production or Undecided
--------------------------------------
King of Fighters 2003 - They are not sure if they are going to put one out every year from now on or if they have the ability to make a new one every year
Mark of the Wolves 2 - It was being developed by SNK before they went under. Development now is uncertain.
Samurai Shodown 5 - It was being developed by SNK before they went under. Development now is uncertain.
Big Tournament Golf 2 - There was talk about this game but this one is highly doubtful.

One thing I should note was that SNK vs. Capcom was the working title for that game. If they would change the name I have no idea why they would change it or what they would change it to. That seemed odd. This game is coming and it is not a rumor.

Also, a bunch of older games are gonna be hitting PS2, Dreamcast, and Gameboy in the next few months but I believe they have already been mentioned so I am not gonna bother with those.
I don't know how much I would trust any of that info, as New Power Instinct and Matrimelee are the same game. spock

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
Daisuke Jigen:
I don't know how much I would trust any of that info, as New Power Instinct and Matrimelee are the same game. spock
Oops, I goofed on where I put the info. I have corrected the above. I'm not sure of the title that is coming in May but it is supposedly a game that is being brought over from the Naomi.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
jbeedham:
Daisuke Jigen:
Oops, I goofed on where I put the info. I have corrected the above. I'm not sure of the title that is coming in May but it is supposedly a game that is being brought over from the Naomi.
That puyo puzzle game, mentioned before ?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
leGionellz:
jbeedham:
Daisuke Jigen:
That puyo puzzle game, mentioned before ?
Yeah, I believe it was Success's Pochi and Nya.

sha-v

Crossed Swords Squire
The "why" question is simple. In order not to mix it up with the existing Capcom vs. SNK series. Many people have a problem to distinguish SNK vs. Capcom and Capcom vs. SNK.

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
bokmeow:
Originally posted by Daisuke Jigen:
[qb] ]Yeah, I believe it was Success's Pochi and Nya.
Pochi and Nya is probably it then because I know that the game coming out in May is not from Playmore or SUN.

<small>[ March 10, 2003, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: jbeedham ]</small>

X-death

Raiden's Valet
Aw man...... I really wanted to see Mark of the
Wolves 2. If only SNK was open a little bit longer.

X-death

Raiden's Valet
Please Please Please Please Please Please Please
Let MOTW2 be released next year

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I thought it was Compile's Pochi & Nya..not Success.

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
Pochi and Nya looks like a cool puzzle game. We have been waiting for a new puzzle game for as long as I can remember. It appears they are bringing it out on MVS instead of Naomi. There is more info on that game in this thread over here
<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004666" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004666</a>

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
That new puzzle game looks fantastic. It looks like it plays like Super Puzzle Fighter 2, which is one of my favorites.

bokmeow

My bad, yes it is indeed Compile's Pochi and Nya, I got Cotton Fantastic Night Dreams on my brain so I typed Success by accident.

Speaking of brain, ever watched "The Brain that Wouldn't Die"?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
jbeedham:
buttrock
jbeedham:
buttrock
jbeedham:
buttrock
jbeedham:
buttrock
jbeedham:

<small>[ March 10, 2003, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: FeelGood ]</small>

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
Super Porky:
Samurai 5 is one I've been praying for.
I'd love to see Samurai Shodown 5. It's been a long a long time since we had a good Samurai fighting game! Let's hope it comes out.

T

TRIEUMINATOR

Mr. Beedham,

Can you ask your source to see if Metal Slug 5 is coming out on MVS?

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
A Puyo Puyo inspired game on the Neo Geo...
I only have one word to say about this.

YES!!!!! :D tickled :D

It's my all time favorite puzzle game, and I'm glad to see that the Neo Geo will be getting one. I'll be following this release very closely.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Let MOTW2 be released next year
Shut the fuck up X-death. Thanx.

BTW, where's the info on SvC? Weren't we supposed to have some real info or pics by now?
Trieu, what's the scoop troop?

<small>[ March 12, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Loopz ]</small>

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
TRIEUMINATOR:
Mr. Beedham,

Can you ask your source to see if Metal Slug 5 is coming out on MVS?
Yes, Metal Slug 5 is coming out on MVS. All of the arcade games listed above are gonna be on the MVS except for Neo Mini which is supposed to be some sort of prize game.

snkool

Camel Slug
X-death:
I would also like to see a MOTW2, but as with SamSho5, I doubt it's highly unlikley. It seems Playmore is not continuing titles that were in the process of being developed by SNK frown

X-death

Raiden's Valet
snkool:I would also like to see a MOTW2, but as with SamSho5, I doubt it's highly unlikley. It seems Playmore is not continuing titles that were in the process of being developed by SNK (
Yes, it is sad but true. frown

bokmeow

snkool:
X-death:
I would also like to see a MOTW2, but as with SamSho5, I doubt it's highly unlikley. It seems Playmore is not continuing titles that were in the process of being developed by SNK :(
I think they would continue developing, or either start anew with a new slate, because otherwise why would they show all the SNK flagship titles in their flash intro? They've got a good thing going, and I anticipate many more excellent titles to come from Playmore.

X-death

Raiden's Valet
bokmeowI think they would continue developing, or either start anew with a new slate, because otherwise why would they show all the SNK flagship titles in their flash intro? They've got a good thing going, and I anticipate many more excellent titles to come from Playmore.
Lets just hope those games will be made.