NPI-Matrimelee ENGLISH HOME CART confirmed!

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
NPI english home cart is confirmed!

Check it out:
<a href="http://www.neostore.com/store/comingsoon.html" target="_blank">http://www.neostore.com/store/comingsoon.html</a>

English home carts collectors will have a new release and that's really a great news.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Those are some great news, thanks Shawn for
bringing another US release, that is probably
why he left last week on his business trip. glee glee glee

buster_broon

The Rock,
Tarma:
Great. I'm about as happy as Khalid Shaikh Mohammed is right now.

Screw the collectors. :mad:

Jap carts and real Neo Geo fans / games players all the way baby! glee glee glee
Rich are you going to be getting this game??????

garou_d

Aero Fighter,
is this an exclusive 'neo.com' like ROTD and what is the production run (?)

buster_broon

The Rock,
Tarma:
@B_B - I still haven't decided. There's nothing to convince me that this game is any good yet.
well if you decide yes or take something else from !arcade! or the neo store at the same time (29th May)- any chance we can invoke the old 'save on shipping' idea

i can get the Jap version vat free from Vgi - but with this cart i would preferably like the English cart, which vgi wont stock

but for the vat free price it equates much the same as Shawn's price plus postage - great thing about Vgi is i know if i get charged Vat - its a lower rate that the Uk
frown

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
buster_broon:
Tarma:
@B_B - I still haven't decided. There's nothing to convince me that this game is any good yet.
well if you decide yes or take something else from !arcade! or the neo store at the same time (29th May)- any chance we can invoke the old 'save on shipping' idea

i can get the Jap version vat free from Vgi - but with this cart i would preferably like the English cart, which vgi wont stock

but for the vat free price it equates much the same as Shawn's price plus postage - great thing about Vgi is i know if i get charged Vat - its a lower rate that the Uk
:(
If you want the game on the release day, you're better off placing a pre-order with Shawn or whoever. I doubt I'll make my mind up until I've seen some cast iron views I trust (BonusKun, Loopz, Shito, Wasabi et al). New release or not, I'm not wasting $300+ on a game that MIGHT be about as appealing as Fight Fever.

FTL

Staff member
garou_d:
Yes.

Actually,Kernov,RotD US cart is selling out now and it will be way more collectable than jap home cart.

Tarma is again talking nonsense at fullest extent,mixing concepts like gamers and english home carts.

Even a blid man would notice that you can buy jap home carts on ebay and for ultra competitive price.
A lot of jap home carts do cost less than mainstream console games!
I'm thinking to KOF series,all super cheap really.

Just take a look at MotW:a lot on the market and price of course very competitive.
Metal slug 1,2 were on ebay and another one offered from NeoBomberman.
It's no surprise at all,since english home carts got smaller production numbers and are way more collectable.
Again,AoF 3 is another good example.
The english one is worth 2 times the jap one.
Tarma know well it since he got outbid on the last Aof 3 US

Of course a real gamer would not bother at all even minding about buying english home carts.

So,for english home cart collectors,a new english release is great news.
Especially with the funny roster of NPI,will be a pleasure to be able to understand storyline and portraits of the charas!

Who will buy the japanese cart,will more likely understand nothing of the above features.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Especially with the funny roster of NPI,will be a pleasure to be able to understand storyline and portraits of the charas!

yes, because they sure as hell wont be playing it.

*prays for dog-tag logo on spine*

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Good point Kernow.

I'll probably get the US version because I do actually like to be able to understand the game manual.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
FTL:
garou_d:
Yes.

Actually,Kernov,RotD US cart is selling out now and it will be way more collectable than jap home cart.

Tarma is again talking nonsense at fullest extent,mixing concepts like gamers and english home carts.

Even a blid man would notice that you can buy jap home carts on ebay and for ultra competitive price.

Just take a look at MotW:a lot on the market and price of course very competitive.
It's no surprise at all,since english home carts got smaller production numbers and are way more collectable.

Of course a real gamer would not bother at all even minding about buying english home carts.

Who will buy the japanese cart,will more likely understand nothing of the above features.
And if you noticed no one buys MOTW much.

It's overinflated in price. Not a bad game by any means, but certainly not worth over $300...worth more like $200-$250 at best.

<small>[ March 03, 2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: DangerousK ]</small>

FTL

Staff member
DangerousK:
FTL:
garou_d:
Yes.

And if you noticed no one buys MOTW much.

It's overinflated in price. Not a bad game by any means, but certainly not worth over $300...worth more like $200-$250 at best.
I agree.
That the direction towards the market is pointing at.
A lot of MotW are on ebay foor $350-380 with no bids.
Price will be down to $300 or less since there is no demand compared to the numbers of copies popping up on ebay.

The price will soon be in keeping with actual jap price of that game:$250 or so.
The US version,on the other hand,still fetches $500+ when it surfaces.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well that is good news.

Now I do not care about meg count or NTSC or even color of the Bar stripe on the NGH. But Please tell me it will say NPI on the Spine not Matrimelee. I understand where the name came from and the Goofyness of the fighter itself, and even that it may have a underling story of a Couple fighting system (which is almost like ROTD except for of coure Mr. jones and his tag partner, Also prehaps the Preacher and the 14 year old Girl, But this day and age???) But "Matrimelee". Usally I do not nit pick and respect artistry for Artistry. Just seems more like a Japanes dating sim name then a fighter. IMO of course.

T

TRIEUMINATOR

The game is not going to be called NPI, but Matrimelee. This has been confirmed.

In terms of gameplay, I haven't played it yet, but from what the video shows, it's very impressive. The animation is definitely smoother than Rage and the backgrounds much busier.

Not to go into detail, I'm impressed from what I saw...and we're talking about the game, not the artwork on the insert or the name of the game, etc.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I really like the name Matrimelee and if you don't I think there couldn't be anything worse than NPI...I mean completely uninventive, they didn't even put a number on it, it's just the "new" one.

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
"Because they're pimped by assholes, like FTL, who then push the price through
the roof, so those who are truly interested in playing the game can't afford it
(the English version).

At the end of the day only a few bits of paper and some shit artwork make the
difference between US/Euro carts and the superior and original Japanese
carts."

Blind fury eh? Because you were outbid at $387 for US AoF3? If US AES games are that undesirable and ugly then why did you even bother bidding? :D

I really must laugh my ass of how inconsistent this above post appears. " ... interested in playing the game can`t afford it (English version) ... far superior Jp version ..." LoL - if you just want to play the game then why the fuck don`t you go and buy your f&%$% jp version???

Man I can`t stand people who talk out of their ass + constantly dissing collectors for whatever reason.

aria

Former Moderator
Hooray, another release that I can read! :D wink :D

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
This may be a silly question, but is this the fabled "New Power Instinct" game?

Kpj

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Kenny Boy:
This may be a silly question, but is this the fabled "New Power Instinct" game?

Kpj
yes, but as for me I'm getting that MVS release drool

<small>[ March 03, 2003, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Yung Burnout ]</small>