Armored Scrum Object
Mega King?
Playmore?
Eolith?
Evoga?
Noise?
A Mystery Team?
The Ex-SNK-MS3-Team?

I sure hope it won`t be the first but the last of these possibilities. Does anyone know? Any official website open already?

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
No ...no ...nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Please not Mega please don`t let that be true.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I just hope it is the last MS3 team... or at least the main leaders of that team.

If that game is done by MEGA, I'd say let it die.

Fran said a couple of times that this franchise is getting his name dirty because of those lightning fast shitty releases. I'm 100% with him here.

We don't need "more" games. We need GOOD games.

Games are meant to be played and not only to sit on the shelf. I like my shelves, but I prefer my games. thankfully I haven't MS4. wink

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
I will put $1000 down right now that the engine will be EXACTLY the same, and all characters in the game will still be identical in terms of abilities. Any takers?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Please to be God that it isn't Mega!! Sheesh!! What did I do so wrong? crying

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
What do you think this game will cost when it comes out?

T

TRIEUMINATOR

Mega is not doing it this time. That's all I have to say.

Parallax Abstraction

King's Dry Cleaner
God I hope not...Mega screwed up big with MS4. If I were Playmore, I wouldn't be trusting them with the franchise anymore.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I wouldn't mind the same play mechanics. If I want different mechanics, I will buy a different game. There are many thousands of games on the market. People who are praying for some kind of huge new game system, I cannot understand your thinking. Just get a different game.

I suppose if you just want different character abilities or something, then that's cool. I'm for that. I'm for additions and changes, don't get me wrong... But if someone wants to see the game get an overhaul... Uh uh... No way. I absolutely disagree. I'd like them not to use the same backgrounds and to use more new enemies and such, but keep the basics there.

puyo2_dash

n00b
MS4 is Mega with Noise.

I think,, MS5 also same.
Mega,,,with Noise factory.

dont blame it on Mega.

ps.
MS3 team gone to SAMMY.
They did'nt come back (maybe forever).

<small>[ March 01, 2003, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: puyo2_dash ]</small>

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
If Trieuminator says its not Mega, then that's good enough for me.

I'd be more than content to have Playmore make the game, with Noise still providing the uber soundtrack.

ocsmod

Astra Superstar
Someone posted when MS4 was released that we were all asking Mega to make as their debut game on the system a better game than MS3. And, well, or they are they best game designers in the freakin' world or that's simply impossible. It took to SNK 10 years of learning how to programe on the Neo to make a game such as MS3, so how can we ask Mega to make a better game in their first try? Please guys, if you don't like it don't buy it, but don't start saying shit about them before seeing one screen of the game, because nobody wants to make a shitty game and I'm sure they're trying their best. All I need to see is that all these new companies are making better games with the pass of time: MS5 better than MS4, Matrimelee better than RotD, and so on.

Anyway, TRIEUMINATOR is a reliable source, so if he says that Mega isn't developing MS5...

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
TRIEUMINATOR:
Mega is not doing it this time. That's all I have to say.
I`ll take your word here and start to pray it`s true. I think anyone can do a better MS sequel than Mega.

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
Come one people, mega must have been having a hard time doing slug 4. You must give them time to develop as a team.

Oh no SNK is taking over metal slug from nazca! They suck, just look at cyber lip!
Double oh no, Guilty Gear XX is being developed by Arc systems, just look at the pack of shit which is guilty gear (first game).

I hope you´re all familiar with the term irony.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The thing I'm interested in is... SCREENSHOTS!

If the game is being released in June, it must be at least two-thirds compelete by now (it is March after all), and they'll need a testing period of at least a month, and then another month or so to do corrections and make improvements.

Time is ticking away... Playmore must be close to releasing details... NPI details can out ages ago and it gets its MVS release this month and AES release a little later on, in May... and MS5 comes a month later?

C'mon, where are the screenshots??!!

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
"Oh no SNK is taking over metal slug from nazca! They suck, just look at cyber lip!
Double oh no, Guilty Gear XX is being developed by Arc systems, just look at the pack of shit which is guilty gear (first game)"

There is a huge difference: SNK proved to be an ace company when taking over Metal Slug. The same with ARC systems - the first Guilty Gear was already tops. Contrary to Mega - they came from nowhere with no track record and made a shitty sequel (relatively) out of the greatest action series on earth ...

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
Retaliator > The first guilty gear top? I can´t agree but i respect your opinion.

Anyway, how can you have this extreme hate for a developer with one title on their list?

The chances are really minimal that any gamecompany in the world could have made MS4 as good as previous titles in the series. Neither could a extremely small team with little or no experience, a deadline and small funds.

Igniz

Island Native,
This is gonna be like EA's Madden series , or Megaman X6. Lightning fast release with very little to no noticable changes in gameplay , etc. Anyone who expects this to be a turnaround from MS4 is a fool.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Last interview I read had Mega stating that the next Metal Slug game would not be on the Neo Geo hardware.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I remember that too.

Guess there was a change of plans, or Playmore's not telling us something.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I wouldnt mind seeing some new play mechanics in Metal Slug 5. I think some new abilities or something would be a nice change and i think it could work if done right. For example, Smilebit added a lot of new features to Panzer Dragoon Orta and it still played similarly to other two pd shooters and it also kept the "panzer" feel you get when you play a pd game. PDO had new features and was a good game so why can't slug 5 have some changes and not still be a good game?

ocsmod

Astra Superstar
Fygee:
I remember that too.

Guess there was a change of plans, or Playmore's not telling us something.
Yeah, or maybe Mega is developing the new Metal Slug game for Gameboy Advance.