Baltimore Tourney..the real deal!! Otakon 2001

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
For those of you on the east coast itching for competition- Otakon 2001 presents the biggest and best game room on the east coast August 10-12 at the Baltimore Convention Center, Maryland.

- 6000 square feet of gaming

- Over 32 console systems playing the latest and greatest domestic and import titles

- Arcade cabinets playing the latest releases(2 dedicated SNK cabinets)

-Gaming hours: Fri 4pm-Midnight, Sat 9am-Midnight, Sun 9am-3pm

- 3 large scale tournaments a night. Some of this years planned tourneys- Garou: Mark of the Wolves, KOF 2000, Guilty Gear X, and Dance Dance Revolution.

Last years most popular tourney: Soul Calibur- 144 competitors
Last years most popular titles: Dance Dance Revolution and Garou: Mark of the Wolves

For those of you interested in coming we have another sweet deal. We are looking for more home systems with a copy of Garou or KOF 2000. All those willing to donate their systems for use during our event get a free badge for the entire weekend of Otakon.

We guarantee your equipment's safety in our fan cooled lock boxes. And even if a controller gives out or if your aging system finally gives up the ghost during the con, Otakon will buy you a replacement! This is no joke. We are expecting 10,000-12,000 people to attend this year, so the game room should be packed to the walls.

Check out our web page for specifics on the convention- www.otakon.com

If anyone has questions or wishes to donate equipment for the weekend please send me a message with "OTAKON GAME ROOM" as the subject. Or you can always post to this subject. Email: shirowman@aol.com <-my business address

This is the biggest gaming event on the east coast next to the actual EC championships. We are featured in Tips and Tricks tournament report and always have cool stuff to giveaway: Shirts, action figures, gift certificates.

We don't promise to have a VCD of the tournaments but we do promise a kick-arse time!

Jeff Keely
Otakon 2001
Game Room
P.S. I'm looking for another copy of KOF 2000 MVS, any sellers?

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
Are you going to have bomberman there this year? The six player on the saturn last year kicked ass.

C

Caris Nautilus

Who's doing the game room? I hope it's not the Old School Productions guys, since I know they ushaully do Otakon and they suck.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Old School Productions has NEVER been in charge of the Otakon game room. They assisted me during tournaments(brought extra copies of some games, directed people to proper stations,etc.). I have been in charge of the game room ever since '98. OSP broke up a year back anyways. I will however have Rock Aolid Gamerz, another group from PA that does not include any ex-OSP members helping me out this year for tourneys.

As far as Bomberman goes we won't have another tourney in it, but we will have it set up for play.

Thanx for your interest,

Jeff Keely

C

Caris Nautilus

When I was at Otakon 97' Old School DID run the game tournys, and they sucked big time (Steffan was a cool guy, but damn they ran sorry tournys). Thats Why I was asking.

I won their Zero Divide tournament and the prize was like a VF Kids plush doll, compared to like the good stuff SCP used to give out (They were sponsored by image anime at the cons tho)

Originally posted by jeffkun34:
<STRONG>Old School Productions has NEVER been in charge of the Otakon game room. They assisted me during tournaments(brought extra copies of some games, directed people to proper stations,etc.). I have been in charge of the game room ever since '98. OSP broke up a year back anyways. I will however have Rock Aolid Gamerz, another group from PA that does not include any ex-OSP members helping me out this year for tourneys.

As far as Bomberman goes we won't have another tourney in it, but we will have it set up for play.

Thanx for your interest,

Jeff Keely</STRONG>

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: Caris Nautilus ]

aria

Former Moderator
Hey, if this thing works out -someone please take some pictures and send them to me!

I want to put them up on a new columns page I'm working on for NG.com

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Word!! I've been going to Otakon since... I think '96 was my first one (but if there was one back in '95, then that was my first one). Last years Otakon was my first time ever seeing/playing Mark of the Wolves, and the experience made me fall in love with the game. I've got an AES system, with KOF 2000, and for a free pass to the convention for the entire weekend, i'd be more than HAPPY to donate my system! Heck, if you guys need extra help, or a gofer, let me know. My name's Gabriel, and my email address is Heeroyu@hotmail.com

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Any other fans willing to donate? So far I have two arcade cabinets and two home systems donated. Neo fans unite!

Jeff Keely
Otakon 2001
Game Room

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
bump....Just one last check before this thread dies off. If anyone is interested please email me.

Thanks again guys!

Jeff K.
Otakon 2001
Game Room