THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND

Mike

Bead Banger
<a href="http://www.snk-capcom.com" target="_blank">www.snk-capcom.com</a>

Posted by Mr. T:

Post Date : 2003-11-09 13:02:53 Uh, more news?!!! Yeah, clean up time.
With all the craziness going on between Sammy, SNK and Capcom, we had to dig for more news...this time, confirmed!!

As my ex-girlfriend keeps saying, "Let's start all over again, yeah?" And I keep replying, "yeah, sure, let's give it another try."

So here goes:

King of Fighters 2003 WILL be on the Neo Geo MVS/Jamma System, not the Atomiswave. KOF 2003 will be released in December as we previously announced weeks ago.

The King of Fighters Sammy will be displaying on their Atomiswave will be their own version, with no specific details on what it is just yet, but it will definitely not be KOF 2003.

Also, this is the ONLY title that has been officially announced to appear on the Atomiswave. No other future SNK Playmore title is agreed upon, so don't trade in that Neo just yet.

So expect the SNK Playmore line up for this year to be:

Samurai Shodown Zero
Metal Slug 5
King of Fighters 2003

Sometimes, we just have to confirm, confirmed news.

It's a jungle out there when it comes to news, but someone has to report it. .

<small>[ September 11, 2003, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]</small>

BILLY

Mr. Big's Thug
Whoa! Talk about confusing. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Personally, I'll be disappointed if we don't get to see KOF on the Atomiswave.

burn.

n00b
non related question, but whos the chick in the tiger outfit with the green hair with felicia with the big boomerang? i know ive seen her before.. the only person i can think of is that big manly bitch from breakers but i know thats not her.. where she from?????

BILLY

Mr. Big's Thug
Cham Cham from SS2! You've never played that? Stop what you're doing and go find a copy off SS2 NOW! :mad:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
burn.:
non related question, but whos the chick in the tiger outfit with the green hair with felicia with the big boomerang? i know ive seen her before.. the only person i can think of is that big manly bitch from breakers but i know thats not her.. where she from?????
Cham Cham. Sam Sho II

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Well, this definetely helps to clear up the confusion. Now we get 2 KOF's instead of one in only a 5 or so month span. :D

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Um... hold up... wait a fuck... this was posted right under it:

There's so much going on with Sammy that we don't know where to start.

For starters, spong (http://spong.com/index.asp?art=5500) has reported that there will be a Sammy vs. Capcom game. We heard from sources at Capcom a few months ago that they would have a new vs. game, but not developed by themselves and it would be a 4 on 4 fighter (not finalized/confirmed yet). Well, from what it seems, Sammy has seen how successful Marvel vs. Capcom 2's (3 vs. 3) set up has become over the years and plans to work and capitalize on a similar formula.

Now Sammy and SNK Playmore. Various sources on the net, such as MMCafe (www.mmcafe.com) has confirmed KOF 2003 to appear on the Atomiswave system. We fully back up that statement, as we've heard back in June 2003 that this was the plan all along, but during this time period, negotiations were not finalized between both parties, until now.

If you read this article I wrote here about KOF 2003 in the "Update" section, the "surprise" is that KOF 2003 was planning to appear on the Atomiswave system, instead of the Neo Geo MVS. Today, we find this news to be confirmed by multiple sources, and yes, we did confirm with ours too, so it's set in stone.

Our contact at Sammy broke the news to me back in May/June and I laughed, but with a serious answer, I was somewhat shocked, but at the same time happy for SNK Playmore for the direction their marquee franchise title is going.

I recalled breaking the "bad" news with Shawn from neo-geo.com about KOF 2003 appearing on Atomiswave about 2 months ago and his response was "Oh no!! That's terrible." Well, the meaning behind that is that him and I are hard core supporters of the MVS and want the KOF series to continue and eventually die on the MVS, so it sort of struck us in the wrong place. Well, whatever SNK Playmore decides to do with it's titles, we will continue to support them.

A good move for both parties? No. A great move.

We will elaborate in detail in our "NEWS" section of why we think this will help all parties, especially SNK Playmore.

With TGS and the AMOA shows happening next week, expect some pretty hefty announcements.

And you all thought the video game arena in the arcades is dying? Not quite.

Lastly, we're dying for Capcom to release something new for the hungry arcade 2-D fighting fans out there. Maybe Summer 2004 we'll see something? Oh yeah.
So... with that also being posted by Trieu, which is correct. Forget it, I don't care until I see it myself anyway. Atomiswave is happening, only time will tell what it is.

-Nick

Xenvu

Zero's Secretary
Ok what the hell is going on, I went to work all pissed off today and now I come home after posting some pissed off comments in another thread and now everything is normal again? Man I just want to wake up already. frown

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I wonder if Shawn would chime in on this one? If anyone's got a line to SNK it's got to be him.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Fygee:
Well, this definetely helps to clear up the confusion. Now we get 2 KOF's instead of one in only a 5 or so month span. :D
Truth be told, I'd actually like to see this happen above all else.

Well that happen and have SNKP switch over to Atomiswave completely. Or just have Sammy buy SNKP outright and bring them into the fold...

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
JHendrix:
Fygee:

Well that happen and have SNKP switch over to Atomiswave completely. Or just have Sammy buy SNKP outright and bring them into the fold...
you should be the VP of operations for SNKP,
don't you think? oh_no

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
This is getting to be too much.
All I want are 6666 posts, then I'm out of here.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Those atomiswave kits need to be minty, we are in
need of upgrading the price-guide from carts
to atomiswave kits.

Robert

20 Year Member
I love when this board become a giant brainstorming where 5000+ members express their hopes and fears about the neo future.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
"The King of Fighters Sammy will be displaying on their Atomiswave will be their own version, with no specific details on what it is just yet, but it will definitely not be KOF 2003."

Hmm, Sammy's version of KOF, I hope it doesn't look or play like the GG games.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x:
don't you think? oh_no
Is it necessary to constantly make smart ass remarks to points you disagree with instead of adding something constructive? That's really immature you know.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
xtoo_short20x:
JHendrix:
Fygee:

don't you think? oh_no
Hell I'd have fun with that, AND I'd fix that shit right up and quick. I'd have the US and Japan fighting game fans lining up for shit.

Of course that'd piss off the people who play Neo-Geo games because they're on the Neo-Geo or because they're still 16bit.

But I donno if I'd take the job, prolly doesn't pay well enough for me. loco

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
this is weird, so not only did Sammy get capcom's license, but also playmore, smart move if they payed a big amount of money for that to happen.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Nesagwa:
So this atomiswave. They are expensive yes?
The least expensive kit seems to be GGX1.5, which sells for $450 with motherboard and cart.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Change the name of this thread.

I am still confused on why people think this is a "bad" think to move on from MVS/AES/NHG -- whatever -- to something new?

Would someone please explaine -- without nostalgic, sentimental blinders on?