Giby told me some sad news about SNKP

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
He says the new kof is for atomiswave. He also sent me a link to <a href="http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2836" target="_blank">http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2836</a>

Its time to cry gentlemen, if I could only lend a shoulder to each. :(
I'm sorry if obvious info is missing. Its very early in the morning here.

<small>[ September 11, 2003, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: Lord Wolfgang Krauser ]</small>

Shining Kooksu

Zero's Secretary
Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
He says the new kof is for atomiswave. He also sent me a link to <a href="http://www.snk-capcom.com/news/archives/00000003.htm" target="_blank">http://www.snk-capcom.com/news/archives/00000003.htm</a>

Its time to cry gentlemen, if I could only lend a shoulder to each. :(
I'm sorry if obvious info is missing. Its very early in the morning here.
I don't know what to think at this point. Though, I can tell you I feel a heavy sadness. I am still honored to know that we will still see SNKP releases in one form or another. Permitted they don't tone any of the hardcore technical aspects of their fighters down to cater to a wider audience. As long as they keep their pride and integrity everything will be ok. Ultimately it is their strive to create works of art; classic fighting games(or any others for that matter), that I will miss if things change, not the hardware.

Edited to try and fix mispellings, although I am a horrible speller.

<small>[ September 11, 2003, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: Shining Kooksu ]</small>

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
This means the end of the Neo-Geo homecart as we know it.

Sad news indeed.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I find it hard to believe. I edited the originally topic to.
I am just happy we have so many classics.

SS3
SS2
GAROU
FFS
KOF98
MS2
AOF/2

I cant believe this news. I am gonna be very sad. When the next new neo release is nothing but a ps2 port of a 3d effects KOF.
I totally agree with NB about this naomi generated effects crap.
Atomiswave though? I have no idea whats happening.

kaydigi

n00b
So the bigger question is will SNKP become a 3RD party or do they plan on bringing out a new console within the next 3 years? Unless Kof2003 is the only game that's being made on this new hardware. (Which I doubt)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It was coming anyway, I love the classics regardless.

Shining Kooksu

Zero's Secretary
Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
I find it hard to believe. I edited the originally topic to.
I am just happy we have so many classics.

SS3
SS2
GAROU
FFS
KOF98
MS2
AOF/2
The classics are what I will hate to see go in the sense that we may never enjoy that feel of games with the switch to the new harware that caters to a wider audience. It is that possibility that frightens me. If they stay true to themselves and the fans then I think we'll all be OK.

<small>[ September 11, 2003, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: Shining Kooksu ]</small>

tsukaesugi

Which begs the question:

'What will the last homecart be?'

Samurai Spirits 0?

kaydigi

n00b
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by tsukaesugi:
Which begs the question:

Samurai Spirits 0?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Metal Slug 5?
The safest bet would be SS O

Shining Kooksu

Zero's Secretary
kaydigi:
Originally posted by tsukaesugi:
Which begs the question:

Samurai Spirits 0?

Metal Slug 5?
The safest bet would be SS O
We have already seen MS5 screens on MVS though. They also have an official web site for it.

tsukaesugi

MS5 is on the release <a href="http://www.snkplaymore.jp/consumer/schedule.html" target="_blank">schedule</a>, SS0 isn't.

If KOF2003 is atomiswave, my guess is that SS0 is the last homecart.

Shining Kooksu

Zero's Secretary
Another idea to think about is the fact that KOF 2003 will still be KOF 2003, meaning it must have been in development for the atomiswave for some time now, seeing as we'll be able to first play it inside of this year, not next. I don't think that they will just take all of the work done on the MVS and slap it on the atomiswave. If that is true then theoretically it would have actually been released on the MVS.

Shining Kooksu

Zero's Secretary
tsukaesugi:
MS5 is on the release <a href="http://www.snkplaymore.jp/consumer/schedule.html" target="_blank">schedule</a>, SS0 isn't.

How can we recieve MS5 before SS0 if we are already beta testing SS0 here in the USA and we have yet to see MS5 make an appearance anywhere. It makes more sense that MS5 will be the last MVS/Homecart

tsukaesugi

Shining Kooksu:
tsukaesugi:

How can we recieve MS5 before SS0 if we are already beta testing SS0 here in the USA and we have yet to see MS5 make an appearance anywhere. It makes more sense that MS5 will be the last MVS/Homecart
Good question. Do they do beta testing and loke tests for shooters too? Never been to, or heard of one if they had...

Shining Kooksu

Zero's Secretary
tsukaesugi:
Shining Kooksu:
tsukaesugi:

Good question. Do they do beta testing and loke tests for shooters too? Never been to, or heard of one if they had...
Quite true. However, how long was it from beta to release for SvC? If you take that window of time and apply it to SS0, it still makes sense that MS5 just wouldn't make the date to be released before SS0 hit. I also believe it would flood the market with 3 MVS releases so close to each other, inturn killing the full profit they could make off each game. It would be really nice if SNKP released more info on the status of MS5.

<small>[ September 11, 2003, 04:09 AM: Message edited by: Shining Kooksu ]</small>

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Sad but its exactly what was needed.

SNK needs new hardware to work with, I said a few months back any of the Dreamcast hardware would be the best choice to go, and it appears I am right.

What I would love to see happen now is either an Atomiswave based system come out with SNK slapped on it (HIGHLY unlikely) or Sega sell the console rights of the Dreamcast over to SNK/Sammy (more likely but virutally not going to happen)

Either way, this news is the death of the MVS and quite possibly the Neo Geo in terms of future support.

Thank you for the joys you have given me and the fun thats yet to come.
Neo-Geo
1990-2003

kaydigi

n00b
Sad but its exactly what was needed.

SNK needs new hardware to work with, I said a few months back any of the Dreamcast hardware would be the best choice to go, and it appears I am right.

What I would love to see happen now is either an Atomiswave based system come out with SNK slapped on it (HIGHLY unlikely) or Sega sell the console rights of the Dreamcast over to SNK/Sammy (more likely but virutally not going to happen)

Either way, this news is the death of the MVS and quite possibly the Neo Geo in terms of future support.

Thank you for the joys you have given me and the fun thats yet to come.
Neo-Geo
1990-2003
I think SNKP can enter the console market again, they can make a console which doesn't directly compete with PS3/XBOX2.
It would probably be better if they build it from scratch instead of just renaming old hardware.
It could happen, but I doubt it.

The Auction Sniper

Host for Orochi
I know it's sad that the Neo looks to be wrapping up, but look on the bright side: We've been blessed with games for 13 years now.

As long as the games on Atomiswave are up to standard like the Neo, then I'm all for it...

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
kaydigi:
I think SNKP can enter the console market again, they can make a console which doesn't directly compete with PS3/XBOX2.
It would probably be better if they build it from scratch instead of just renaming old hardware.
It could happen, but I doubt it.
On the contrary I believe renaming old hardware is better for SNK at this point.

They already have a few games released for it (MOTW, KOF series, and Last Blade 2), it has a cult like following very similar to the Neo Geo, most NGH owners already have a Dreamcast, and they obviously have already had experience developing for the system.

Not to mention the hundreds of games already available for the system.

If they were to paint it black and repackage it as a new Neo Geo, I would pick one up even though I already have a Dreamcast.

<small>[ September 11, 2003, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: Decepticon ]</small>

kaydigi

n00b
On the contrary I believe renaming old hardware is better for SNK at this point.

They already have a few games released for it (MOTW, KOF series, and Last Blade 2), it has a cult like following very similar to the Neo Geo, most NGH owners already have a Dreamcast, and they obviously have already had experience developing for the system.

Not to mention the hundreds of games already available for the system.

If they were to paint it black and repackage it as a new Neo Geo, I would pick one up even though I already have a Dreamcast.
Yeah they could do that. Let's say they do that, does Sega even have any Dreamcast left? I thought the had this big celebration for the last dreamcast being made.
Also if a new console is made, how you feel about old NEO games being ported to the new system (i would be all for it).