Sammy vs. Capcom and KoF 2003 to be released on Atomiswave hardware

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Source: www.mmcafe.com

Sammy has revealed in the Amusement Machine Show (AM Show) today that SNK Playmore will be releasing videogame titles on the Atomiswave hardware as a third party. Sammy also revealed that they will be working on a collaboration project together with major software publisher Capcom for the Atomiswave as well.

SNKPlaymore has announced their first release on the Atomiswave hardware as "The King Of Fighters 2003". Sammy has revealed that their project with Capcom will be "Sammy vs. Capcom". No details on either titles are available as of yet. KOF2003 is currently in development, while Sammy vs. Capcom is yet to go into production.

Last edited:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Hey guys, it's been sweet! *high fives on his way out*

<small>[ September 11, 2003, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: Kid Aphex ]</small>

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I made a topic about this to.. Sorry..

I am totally in awe about this.
This is the most fucked up suprise of the year.
I dont care what happenes, or how much of a cunt this makes me look.
If this doesnt release on MVS, I wont touch it.

I recall a interview of a employee saying they were going to try a 3d kof. Hopefully they change there mind.
If it fails, they may move back to mvs..
This kind of game cannot be in 3d.

BUT, I know nothing about atomiswave, and I am not happy with what I am reading.

<small>[ September 11, 2003, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: Lord Wolfgang Krauser ]</small>

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
I made a topic about this to.. Sorry..

I am totally in awe about this.
This is the most fucked up suprise of the year.
I dont care what happenes, or how much of a cunt this makes me look.
If this doesnt release on MVS, I wont touch it.

I recall a interview of a employee saying they were going to try a 3d kof. Hopefully they change there mind.
If it fails, they may move back to mvs..
This kind of game cannot be in 3d.

BUT, I know nothing about atomiswave, and I am not happy with what I am reading.
Thankfully, the atomiswave cannot push polys worth SHIT. Just try playing any of the BS games its got on it that rely on polys and watch the slow down. This is going to be high-res 2d, I'm sure.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I can't wait! Time for KOF to shine. 2003 may be the year SNK comes back as a mega player. How about some new tech Fatal Fury to go with that. :)

kaydigi

n00b
I can't wait! Time for KOF to shine. 2003 may be the year SNK comes back as a mega player. How about some new tech Fatal Fury to go with that.
Hopefully SNKP can make more money also by releasing quicker ports to other consoles, which may or may not lead to another console from SNKP.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
ugh the shameless ps2 ports, ps2 is so not a fighter system. I hope there are atleast DC versions but even at that I hope they dont stop the neo.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I just want to say that none of us want to see the AES or MVS die.

All I'm saying is that it's time to move on. I don't want all of SNK to die from not evolving. If the new gen of players are able to see the SNK difference in gameplay then I believe like we did long ago, they will also convert to lifetime SNK fans.

Don't mistake my excitment above as disrespect to the MVS platform. Now how about an AES handheld? :)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
They need to make an Atomiswave home console . . . it's possible, isn't it?

Shining Kooksu

Zero's Secretary
the roker:
They need to make an Atomiswave home console . . . it's possible, isn't it?
Rest assured that the atomiswave arcade boards will see a spike in sales, so people can play at home, if SNKP permanently takes up residence on the hardware.

Goukipoo

New Challenger
Soder some more ram on your Dreamcast, and presto, you have a Naomi and Atomiswave!

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Sad news, but nevertheless hardly suprising.

The mvs hardware has had a fantastic innings, but it was inevitable at this point that if SNK wanted to remain a commercially viable company that they'd need to make the transition to next-gen hardware.

SNK tried, unsuccesfully, to launch a new hardware platform (the still-born Crystal System), so they've taken the safer step of choosing an exisiting platform with a preinstalled user base.

As Sammy aren't releasing anything for GCN, and the PAL PS2 sucks (unless there's a 60hz option), I guess it's time to start saving up for a supergun...

The Auction Sniper

Host for Orochi
The end for the Neo?

I guess it sounds great that Sammy Capcom and SNK are getting together, three great companies on one piece of hardware sounds like an interesting proposition....

kaydigi

n00b
ugh the shameless ps2 ports, ps2 is so not a fighter system. I hope there are atleast DC versions but even at that I hope they dont stop the neo.
Nah, i'm not talking about those past "upgraded" ports of past SNK titles. I'm talking about ports off this new hardware. Since we probably wont be seeing a AES version of KOF2003 what other choice do we have??
We could see if SNKP is testing the waters to make a new console or if this new board is going to be the basis for SNKP titles for te next 2-5 years. If it's the latter then we would have no way to play them unless they are ported to current consoles.
I don't mean any of these comments to disrespect any MVS/AES collecters, it's just SNKP time to rise from a niche developer to a company that deserves respect from a bigger audience.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
no kaydigi what im sayin is even new releases on the ps2 would suck, i think its a shitty platform for these kinds of games. If it HAS to be something other then mvs/aes i hope for DC.

and the Crystal System, i thought that was released by Brezza Soft not SNK?

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Nah! it wont work like that, kof will never be recognised as its too hard to play for the capcom fans, they won't ever give it a chance as theres to much thinking required, besides they're biased, its plain & simple.

Val

Quiz Detective
the_colonel:
Nah! it wont work like that, kof will never be recognised as its too hard to play for the capcom fans, they won't ever give it a chance as theres to much thinking required, besides they're biased, its plain & simple.
Calling the kettle black again?

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
I'm very, very happy to hear this news. :D

At the same time, it's sad to see the MVS go, but at least it had a nice send off of SvC and SS0. crying

The Future is Now. buttrock

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
no kaydigi what im sayin is even new releases on the ps2 would suck, i think its a shitty platform for these kinds of games. If it HAS to be something other then mvs/aes i hope for DC.
Ummm...have you seen the GGXX port on the PS2? Its perfect. Hell, its better than perfect. Not a single lost frame of animation, and tons of extra options that are actually worth while and not just novelties.

Anyways, I'm extremely happy to see this. KOF need to be revitalized in a big way, and this is the way to go. Its sad that the MVS will eventually die now, but it had an awesome 13+ year run. That's more than can be said for any other console. Even the Atari 2600 didn't last that long.

No more bootlegs or roms either, so they'll get 100% of the profits. wink

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
KOF 2000 on the PS2 is also the best port so far.It has zero load times in between rounds and it has a sharper and cleaner look when compared to the DC version's interpolated look.Iori has his quick backhop back as well.There is also no slowdowns to be found even at the aquarium stage.The shadows also looks more realistic does not "flicker" or "blink".
I have discussed about how good the PS2 port was a million times so i will just leave it at that and let you all decide when it comes out for the US in november along with the KOF 2001 port.