the latest price quote on KOF 2000

JRock917

, ,
The latest price quote I have head on KOF 2000 is $1200 from NGF. Surely they don't expect people to pay that. Do any of you neoholics out there have any idea on a realistic price on the AES Japanese cart release, slated for later this year?

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
dude..whats up with those guys over there? They are on some serious shit! Go to NcsX.com they are selling japanese version for about $320...Why are u dealing with them if their prices are so high>? Buy from Ncsx.com one of the best oinline japanese game retailers...later

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Yes, we have an estimated price of $319 from NCSX.com. Head on over there right now and reserve it from them, they're the BEST when it comes to stuff like this. Don't bother with anyone else.

JRock917

, ,
Thats the thing, I dont deal with prices or dealers like that. NCS is a good place to shop, thanks for advice, I will give them a look right away.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Well, its not like NGF is marking up the Jap version, with their art... They are MAKING the game out of MVS and SAC carts, so it costs them darn near $900-1000 I would guess... They make some money on it for $1200... but paying that is a stupid as paying $700 for an import PS2...

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
But guys please help me out with this..if a place like ncsx is selling it for $320 why would some want to buy one from NGF? I understand they work hard, the mvs dont come cheap, and they have to sac another cart ....but Who would spend $1200 on it? The american isert worth about another $800 to anybody? I start collecting neo geo cds about two years ago, i got out of it, and brought a cart machine this year, and im enjoying my purchase, and having fun collecting the games ( by the way anybody knows any good places in NYC for games?) BUt that $1200 price is crazy if u still can get the japanese version.....Do u guys collect both versions? Personally if I have the game now japanese or english im content now....for now

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
They make the price that high because alot of people want to continue the collection all in English. But the only problem is that the carts they sell are not official SnK/Aruze games.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Originally posted by smurphy570:
But guys please help me out with this..if a place like ncsx is selling it for $320 why would some want to buy one from NGF? I understand they work hard, the mvs dont come cheap, and they have to sac another cart ....but Who would spend $1200 on it? The american isert worth about another $800 to anybody? I start collecting neo geo cds about two years ago, i got out of it, and brought a cart machine this year, and im enjoying my purchase, and having fun collecting the games ( by the way anybody knows any good places in NYC for games?) BUt that $1200 price is crazy if u still can get the japanese version.....Do u guys collect both versions? Personally if I have the game now japanese or english im content now....for now

Three reasons, Stupidity, To much money to know what to do with it, or mental instability.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Well yeah I think DreamH2O just summed up the whole thing right there
smile.gif

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Guys, hopefully I can shed a little light on why NGF charges $1200 for KOF 2000.

Basically what you are paying for here is the chance to play and own this game months before an official release. The MVS cart for KOF 2000 is still SUPER EXPENSIVE, as are the sac carts needed to convert it. Most of the $1200 goes to the parts... not the "paper insert." (which, after KOF 2000 is officially released, they will sell for $30 for those who want the english version. its a NICE insert).

They aren't twisting anyone's arm to buy it, but there are some people who want to have it right now who can afford it. Not me.
smile.gif

Just like people were paying thousands for dreamcasts from japan just to have it before anyone else. obviously this $1200 "pre-release" english KOF 2000 isn't for everyone... but at least the option is out there.

Let's hope Aruze comes through for Christmastime!

John

JRock917

, ,
Oh, NGF does have the cart for sale now, so if you are that desperate you can get it, English version, right now. It appears I touched a nerve with NGF when I posted this, so I am just relaying everything I was told so as to have all the "information" out in the open. NCS emailed me back, and I will be looking to go on their reserve list, thanks for the good advice.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Isnt it funny when you post a message about NGF how they usually respond with an email rather than in the forum as of late?

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Damn I wish they would email me I would love to hear what they have to say
smile.gif

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I don't think they post here anymore because they like to avoid the mob here.

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
Let me ask this: Again I apologizes for the question is anybody here planning on or considering purchasing kof2000 from NGF? I know it available early, but some of you guys are going to shell out that money? God Bless you!

JRock917

, ,
NCS is still taking pre orders, and will contact the people on the list about 2 weeks before the game comes out to finalize the deal; the game is supposed to SHIP Decemer 21, according to the email I received from NCS. I can assure you I wont buy it from NGF, but I dont have that kind of money to spend on a cart either.

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
I have heard a lot of negative things about NGF since i been on this board, so everybody is pretty much staying away from them..the only interaction i had was when i was looking for magican lord and emailed them dion quoted a price of $80 (this was like two months ago) and i just decided to wait for one on ebay...which i got for $45...

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Only an idiot or a fool would buy ANYTHING from "NGF" (they even stole the name from the Japanese Magazine!). No one here mentioned that the quality of their MVS->Home conversions is poor at best, which we all saw on the Strikers 1945 Plus conversion that Dion sold to Shawn. Why pay a lot of money for a sloppy, unreliable conversion?
eek.gif

While I'm at it, let's all not forget that they (Dion and Chris) also destroy many good Neo home carts to make their frankenstein "conversions", including plenty of KOF 99 home carts. I can understand converting older games like Metal Slug (Jeff's doing one of those for me right now), where you only need a SS2 home cart which are quite common. But the newer protected games require the sacrifice of very new, and not very common, carts. That really is a crime, and a HUGE disservice to the Neo community. Trash some perfectly good home carts to create your shitty, unreliable, sloppy "NGF" conversions. What a complete waste of precious Neo commodities!
mad.gif

The real KOF 2000 cart comes out 12/21, NCS will have plenty of them, and anyone here should preorder it from them, and NO ONE ELSE (i.e. not Buyrite either, unless you want to pay more for it). I preordered two of them, just like I did with MS3 (and they DELIVERED MS3 at a GREAT price, only the usual $268 + shipping!).
smile.gif