KOF 2000 home cart confirmed

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Since no one is talking about this I'll bring it up.

Go to NCS's news today and yes, KOF 2000 is coming, here's the link to it:
http://www.ncsx.com/ncs100200/ncs1002.htm

Not til Dec 21, but at least it's coming out, it'll give people more time to save up for the game. We should also thanks NCS for commiting to a large quantity of preorder to ensure SNK's release.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hell yeah man I saw that today as well. Can't wait to get that game
smile.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Finally a official release date. look like it will be the last cart of the year. SO what does that make 3 official homecart releases for 2000.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Dude I would take only 1 release a year as long as they keep bringing us games
smile.gif

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Don't bother looking for places with "lower" preorder prices. Even if you find them (which I seriously doubt), they will most likely be unreliable. NCS has always been incredibly reliable, always delivered at reasonable prices and always gotten the product that was preordered. Other places may promise something, but they rarely deliver. If you preorder KOF2000 from somewhere else, and either don't get it or find that its price has been jacked up AFTER your preorder, don't blame me . . . I warned you here long before release . . .
smile.gif
smile.gif

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
NCSX doesn't jack the price up on the Neo items they sell. They sell them at the same price they are originally sold for.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
If you read the article, you'll see that National Console Support states that they shall be accepting more pre-orders, until 17 October, with the final price to be determined.

You don't seem to be someone that would need to worry over saving a few dollars anyawy, so you may as well just go ahead & pre-order it, like everyone else who still wants to.

Todd

Galford's Armourer
Well it looks like ill get a few christmas presents 4 days early this year. Oh wait im buying them for myself so i guess their not christmas presents. hehe!

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Support NCS, they have been VERY good to the US Neo fans!

And I am sure they will have NO problems selling any extra KOF2k's they receive!

Keith

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
I hope everyone considers getting KOF 2000 from NCS. Peter and Suzan are really backing SNK on this game. I remember reading on their web page that they would be willing to buy a large portion of the production run in order to show SNK that people really want the game.
I have always had great srevice from them since the early days of PSX.

NCS is the place to get the last great fighter-KOF 2000!!!!!!!

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Just forgot to mention, a quick suggestion for those who use a lot of sac carts for conversions and those who collect a lot of (or plan to) unreleased carts, please preorder as many KOF 2000 as possible, this way, you can have many protected sac carts in reserve, plus it'll encourage SNK/Azure to release more home carts if the sales are good with KOF 2000.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Yeah, but the next MVS game might be a completely new revision, leaving this person with a bunch of extra KOF 2000 carts that are worthless as sacs.

Better safe than sorry I guess, but...

John

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
John, look at it this way, there're still a lot of demand for converted Prehistoric Isles 2, Striker 1945, Ganryu, Captain Tomaday, plus those who want English version of KOF 2000, there'll be no such thing as too many.

SNK has officially announced that KOF2000 will be their last NeoGeo port (Magic Box). What a moment in (videogame)history!

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Is KoF 2000 a Japanese or English cart?

AHH, Who cares...

Happy day happy day
smile.gif

Mouse_Master

Staff member
KOF2000 will be a Japanese only release like Metal Slug 3 was....

As for Vince suggesting to get KOF2000 for sacs, while that is a good idea, I would still use KOF99, since we will have no clue how common KOF2000 is until it has been out for a little while.

Along the lines of the boardset, I doubt we will see a new revision so quickly. Why? No one has cracked the encryption yet. If they had, there would be a new board set!

My opinions only....

Keith

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Oh, and do not be surprised if you se a homebrew KOF2000 insert/sticker/manual!
smile.gif

Keith

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
I went to NCS's site, and it said something about placing a preorder via e-mail. Well, I tried to e-mail them, and it came up saying that the address was invalid. I went back to the NCS site, and used the "Contact Us" option, and wrote in there that I wanted to place a preorder for the game. Is that enough for them?

Sorry to sound so dumb about this, but I've only ordered one thing from them (KOF 99 on Neo CD), and that was over the phone. Any replies or help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
Hey Lou (hilarious name BTW), that's what I did. I just e-mailed them indicating that I would like to be on their reservation list and they replied the next day saying that I've been added and that I would have a chance to confirm a few weeks before they get the game in.

James

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Somone post the link for the preorders.
As far as the sac issue, 99 would probably drop in price when 2000 comes out, likely below $280.

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Thanks yuckydog (and you think my name's funny?
wink.gif
). I checked my mail before I came here, and sure enough, they sent me an e-mail saying the same thing. I'm pretty excited about this, since this is gonna be the first KOF I own on cart, besides the fact the game itself looks like it's gonna kick some major ass. So I guess we should expect another e-mail before the game comes in, so we can get a chance to pay for it, right?

And Dreamh2o, the link for the preorder can be found following the link vincewy posted.

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
I'm going with NCS this time around. It'll be a cold day in hell before I deal with Buy-Rite again.