Update on MS4 screenshots

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
I had thought they were fake too, but they apparently originated from here:

<a href="http://www.noise.co.jp/ms4/shots.htm" target="_blank">http://www.noise.co.jp/ms4/shots.htm</a>

So they're either real, or Noise Factory (the group that developed Sengoku 3) was fooled too. I'm guessing they are real.

aria

Former Moderator
Incidently the babblefish translation of the writing at the bottom of the screen says:
"Clicking the picture, it receives when, you can view, bigger picture.
(The picture does being something which is in the midst of developing. As for specification there is no notice and there are times when it is modified.) "

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
God I hope all those screens are fakes because they look like utter shit. I am one of the biggest slug fans going and I must say that i think it is time to put the series to rest and let it end on A good note.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Originally posted by Bobak:
<strong>Incidently the babblefish translation of the writing at the bottom of the screen says:
"Clicking the picture, it receives when, you can view, bigger picture.
(The picture does being something which is in the midst of developing. As for specification there is no notice and there are times when it is modified.) "</strong><hr></blockquote>

Speaking of Babelfish, here's Metal Slug 4's story according to Noise Factory's website:

200X year, fear of rhinoceros bar terrorism trembled the world * & *. The computer virus birth of the " white designates the takeover of the military affair principal system of each country as purpose * baby " which and the declaration which notifies activity were notiified on Internet, * & *. It declares the breaking possibility of all security nets that the " white * baby " is produced " in the アマデウス - God to do to be loved the person - " with it was the terrorist organization which you are identified. This declaration was received and the international rhinoceros bar which was done urgently - at with respect to terrorist measure meeting, annihilation of terrorist organization " アマデウス " and security strengthening of the military affair system of each country and strengthening of facility patrol were resolved * *. Battle with respect to computer network the from the first throwing special construction unit was resolved in annihilation of terrorist organization " アマデウス ". The special construction unit PF is the special force which receives correspondence possible training to all aspects. From the midst of the information which was offered from each country, according to the information whose authenticity is high it is the information that terrorist organization " アマデウス " attacks the communication facility of certain country several hours later. The ターマー and Eli computer virus were dispatched in the duty which guards the staff who does " white * baby " business vaccine opening departure. Marco, the To lever of the フィオ, and the new member - with 4 names of the ナディア became directly to accomplish the annihilation duty of terrorist organization " アマデウス ". You sent before the sortieing, the form of the person of several people who think as the member " of the アマデウス " had appeared in the satellite picture. In the alone face which has appeared there, everyone who can happen to be present was astonished * & & *. That devil reverse * モーデン had appeared, * & *. Birth of the " white * baby " (transmission) ahead, 「 アマデウス 」 annihilation of the special force ahead or situation moment was disputed. And terrorist organization as for relationship " of アマデウス " between モーデン * *.

mookystains

Chairman Kaga sez, "Dakis-san's the one who's goin
this is what i think.
At first i thought they where fake, but then i thought there real.
But anyways, somone said that they had old backgrounds er somthing, well maby the game goes thru all metal slugs er somthing.
and its an unfinished game, so if they are real its unfinished, so there not gonna look great.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
The screens certainly look less busy than that to which we have become accustomed.hey, it ain't out yet. I'll reserve judgement until I can play the thing.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
That is the most INCREDIBLE Engrish I have ever read. Shit, Noise Factory has got SNK beat.>>>

aria

Former Moderator
After reading that umm, "Translated" story... I now fear the "white baby"! :eek:

Robert

20 Year Member
What a deception!
Neo fans can be satisfated with that. Ok so every single developper can use the roms of the previous MS games, mix them together and tell that it's the new Metal Slug.
Excuse me but if you're happy with that, you've lost your judgement!

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
It would be nice to get a pic of the opening title screenshot, anyone who seriously wanted to promote such a hugely anticipated game as MS4, would have done so ?
My gut feeling is that the screenshots are not real.
Who cares, time will tell.....

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Something else worth a mention, the gfx seem to have edge enhancement, this looks like it was ripped from NeoRage ?????
This aint the real thing guys, or I will be a monkeys uncle.

xonox

Armored Scrum Object
Maybe the devs are using emulators, they can be very useful in game dev for debugging. I remember that some developers bought the no$gb emulator to test and debug their games. no$gb is a gb emulator and it includes debugging features.

I´ll save my comment on this until the complete game is released and seen in action!

Then and only then it´s time to judge!

They are not fakes. lol.

PFLU08CoBQIAAAv2y1Y_1221_88.pjpeg

PFLVqMCoBQIAAGJqhSk_1221_91.pjpeg

[ January 31, 2002: Message edited by: amansmanman ]</p>

Actually it took me quite a while to knock that up. The SD characters were a real bitch to draw.

Missed a pic.

PFLVJMCoBQIAAAvHmJA_1221_89.pjpeg

bugula

Member,
gamespot ran a news story about it too...

<a href="http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2844093,00.html" target="_blank">MS4 Info</a>

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Originally posted by Bobak:
<strong>After reading that umm, "Translated" story... I now fear the "white baby"! :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, I don't know what's scarier: "white baby virus" or "rhinoceros bar terrorism."

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Originally posted by the_move:
<strong>I´ll save my comment on this until the complete game is released and seen in action!

Then and only then it´s time to judge!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Very well stated!