New Review of Samurai 2

aria

Former Moderator
Another view of a classic:

<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/samurai2/samurai2a.html" target="_blank">Samurai Shodown 2</a>
by Rade Kuruc

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
These are some nice articles. I like the info in the right-hand corner as well. Only thing I feel is missing is a nice little rating system for gameplay, sound, control, etc..

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
<< Welcome to the strange yet wonderful world of the Samurai. Well, actually, SNK’s twisted vision of the Samurai, to be more accurate. A land of pink haired pugilists and weapon wielding warriors with extravagant clothing who roam ancient Japan seeking battle and glory. Truly, this is a videogame of kings. Truly, this is Samurai Shodown II. >>

You know you're in for a good read when the intro is well crafted such as.

the Rev

Banned
Only thing I feel is missing is a nice little rating system for gameplay, sound, control, etc.. <hr></blockquote>

Sorry dude, I totally disagree. Thanks to the "All-Knowing" game mags :rolleyes: we've been conditioned, no more like "doomed", to give everything a score or numerical rating.

I myself prefer to read someones thoughts. It sounds much better to hear the many reasons why the graphics are good instead of the usual: "the graphics are color and have many cool scrolls. I give them a 8".

-the Reverend 330 Mega

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
lol, you think all I do is read the little numbers and roll on? I just think it strengthens the overall outlook on the whole thing. I'm not saying to say something such as ""the graphics are color and have many cool scrolls. I give them a 8".", but rather have the article as it is, and have something setup like the info in those tables, and have it near the end or something.

H

Hakkun

Originally posted by the Rev:
<strong>

Sorry dude, I totally disagree. Thanks to the "All-Knowing" game mags :rolleyes: we've been conditioned, no more like "doomed", to give everything a score or numerical rating.

I myself prefer to read someones thoughts. It sounds much better to hear the many reasons why the graphics are good instead of the usual: "the graphics are color and have many cool scrolls. I give them a 8".

-the Reverend 330 Mega</strong><hr></blockquote>

I was telling such a similar thing to my Italian fellows into the "Italian thread"... I was speaking about carts' conditions ("hey, my cart is mint!" "mine is in very good shape") and arguing that no one is able to know what someone else means with "mint", "excellent" or the most hated "in very good shape". It's like giving SS2's sound a 9 because I'm a huge fan of those "samurai tunes" or its graphic a 10 for an other reason...

Numbers are numbers. That's all.

A deep description of each aspect of the game is way better than giving it a number.

'Cause what's great for you (9/10) can be annoying for me (5/6) or just average (7/8)...

Too many times I've been ripped buying "mint" (fresh mint, gem mint, brand new... call them as you wish, damnit!) stuff that had crack on the plastic tray or cuts on the insert...

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Hakkun ]</p>

Robert

20 Year Member
I have always thought that the test section was just an opinion about a game from a neo gamer. You can take that for the truth but the best thing to do is to read this as an advice from a guy who played it.

Y

Yushiro

It's a very nice article. Naw the rating system is kind of overrated espiecally for Samurai Shodown 2. It's still the best Samurai Shodown or rather Samurai Spirits game that SNK ever created after the original.

Oh does anyone have a review on Samurai Spirits 64? I have not seen a single review on it yet.