Any new news concerning KOF 2000?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I think Big Bruno mentioned it in the forum. There is a guy in ebay (Indonesian) that sells both KOF 1999 and 2000 home carts. The price is right- around $550 and reserve met. Unfortunately, he doesn't have KOF 2000 (of course) yet. He said that the bidder was getting his reserved copy. He listed the game as "SNK estismate the game to be released on September 28th" or somthing to that efect. I think Azura said that the game has been pushed back to Fall. Is the guy not being completely honest, or is it going to be released on the 28th? I can hope right?
rolleyes.gif

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
I'd really like to know the answer to this question as well. Will we be seeing KoF2k on the 28th of Sept., or at some later date (or perhaps not at all)?

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
The only news I have is that it seems to be the most difficult new KoF to find in arcades in the history of the series. I still haven't even found it myself. As this appears to be the case with many people I've spoken to & heard from in person as well as over the net, I would guess it's the general case with the game, and I would be willing to bet that a lot of people won't put down that kind of money for a game they might not like, last home cart or not.

Then let's not forget all the Japanese that have been dumping their Neo's for PS2's, Dreamcasts or the latest fad in mobile telephones and what not...

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Don't forget that Aruze/SNK is selling KOF 2000 for $995, far higher than usual for Neo MVS carts. I mean, Metal Slug 3 lists for $599, and currently sells for as little as $350 . . . its hard to justify a 66% increase in the list price for KOF 2000. I believe that sales of KOF 2000 are pretty light, few arcades are buying it (well few of the pathetic number of remaining arcades, since they all seem to be withering away), which is why you never see the game anywhere.

zerofil

n00b
The home cart should be out on 28th of Sept.
However a rumor says it will be delay til Nov.

For a playable version on mame or Neorage,
it will not be before end of november. An
active group (very friendly) is actually gatheringfunds to buy the MVS card and dump
it.
Members will have a period during wich they'll
have the rom released only to them + they'll
appear in the credits.
the fee is 10 USD$.

It's up to us playing the game soon, if we
donate we should play it shortly.

Check http://kof2000.iscool.net

bye

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
It's dumb to pay for a dumped version. A version will leak out eventually. Plus, you probably can't really trust those guys.

ScoobyDoo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well I just got this information in an email today confirming my KOF 2000 order. The bloke said he had just spoken to one of his customers in Holland, and they had heard that the release date had be put back until October.

Dunno if there's any truth in it, but I wouldn't be suprised if the release date has slipped.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I can confirm also that the official release will be sometime in October. I can't remember the site but it was a reputable one. Also I heard they may just be trying to surprise everyone and actually release it on the 28th of September. Keep your fingers crossed.

ScoobyDoo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well I'm speaking to my supplier on Monday and he said that he should have a definate release date by then.

BTW how much is everyone paying for their copy? I'm getting mine for £250

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I don't know. NcSX (where I got mine resetved) said that they didn't know the price. I am not good at currency, but 250 pounds sounds close to 380 dollars. $380 was what some people saying about & charging the price.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
In Latest news, NCSX quotes:

"After checking w/ # of vendors, distributors, & SNK staff, it appears that the co. will announce the new date for KOF 2000 on Neo within the next 2 weeks. We will relay the new date when we get new word but it looks like a late Nov-Dec time frame at this pt.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
So it appears they are trying to get all of the cash they can from the game!

Thats fine as long as more carts are in the pipeline!

Keith

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
All the better. From what I understand the series's popularity took a big nose dive after '98 (meaning '98 was the last hugely popular one) so if it takes them longer to fill up required pre-order numbers, then that's fine, as long as the game actually comes out. Also, it will give us all a little more time to save up for it. Besides, charging something like ¥14xxxx for the MVS cart, fewer people than in the past have played it, so I would guess fewer have committed to the pre-order.

[This message has been edited by Neo Bomber Man (edited September 22, 2000).]

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
This has turned out to be one sad year for the Neo with only 3 releases on NGH(i'm counting MOTW as a 2000 NGH release and kof 2000 as a 2000 release also) and 2 MVS . (And no I do not count diggerman or the Neo pac man thing as a this year release). Hopefully one more before the year is out at least on mvs. but this has got to be the slowest release year of the Neo decade.

So there are rumors of new games with improved carts coming out maybe the end of this year early next year but will it save the mvs systems and will new homecarts still be made? and if homecarts truly die after KOF 2000 and there are new carts for mvs only with the improved chipset what will people use as sac carts? Also How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? The world may never Know.

by the way NCS also wrote me back with a No on the 9/28/00 release and no word on the new release date yet.

Phil

[This message has been edited by Big Bruno (edited September 22, 2000).]

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
oh and I also would like to see the look on the guys face who won the auction for the kof 99 - kof 2000 NGH.

seller -"well there is going to be a slight delay on the kof 2000 cart?

buyer-???

seller-"well you see it uhh.. it uhhh.. is going to be released on a later date and I don't know when that is yet"

Buyer-"WHAT!!!??, listen you little punk I want my money back and I want it back NOW!!"

Seller-"well it's already been spent, sorry"

Buyer-"where do you live, I'm going to come down there and beat the begeezas out of you."

Seller-"you just try it Mr. Man and I'll get the local police on you for a public Spanking, How do you like them apples?"

Buyer-"That's it I'm leaving you Negative feedback, Good Bye"

Seller-"oh no Not negative feedback, anything but that
smile.gif
"

sorry since I will not be there to witness the event I though I would make up my own script for everyones enjoyment or non enjoyment.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Everything I've seen, along with what others have told me, indicate that '99 was not a change for the better as far as most people were concerned.

'98 socred tremendous success due to it's huge appeal & character lineup, in addition to the fact that it's probably the best home cart to own if you have friends over, thanks to all the options which allow for both crazy & ridiculous battles, the great game it is and again the size of the roster (38 + 4 hidden + many previous char. versions).

The whole striker system still reeks of Capcom, and now Extra Mode, the SNK original, is completely gone (2000). I haven't even heard one good comment about 2000 yet, from all the eavesdropping I do at arcades & other gaming locales. Until I can really find concrete information to disprove what I know, I'll continue believing it. I'm not anti-'99, I did eventually get to like it once I played it some more, it's simply different.... in an oddly negative manner. Maybe five installments was the peak number? Some things go unexpectedly stale.

[This message has been edited by Neo Bomber Man (edited September 22, 2000).]

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Well, I always enjoyed my KoF games, but I think 95-96 were my favorites. I never really did get into 99, hardly got my attention. I'm hoping KoF2000 will be significantly new re-engergize the series a bit.