New MVS->Home converters coming out?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I don't know whether to trust this eBay seller in what he says, or not. In his auction description for a Neo Geo mod chip (which he wants $99 to start, a bit high I think), he says the following:

*** We are currently in the final testing stages to make sure our New Neo Geo MVS Converter will allow you to play **EVERY MVS ARCADE GAME** on your home cartridge system. We will be offering a large number of these units for auction at a price that will "SHOCK YOU". ***

Here's the link to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=415014868

Well, what does everyone think? If its true, and he can sell the converters for a reasonable price (questionable
confused.gif
), we all might be able to get ANY new games to run on our cart systems. But I shouldn't get my hopes up, these things never seem to pan out . . .
frown.gif
frown.gif

Actually, I have good reason to believe that this guy (Ray) is telling the truth. I actually bought a mod chip off him, and then decided against buying it after I had already sent payment. I explained to him that i found a better price, and he quickly sent my money back, saying that he wants to keep customers happy and stuff. If this is the case, then i'd assume that he's pretty honest and wouldn't lie about having a converter available soon. We'll all have to wait and see, but personally, i have really high hopes for a converter that i can finally afford!!!

!Arcade!

Rugal's Thug
We noticed your post regarding one of our Ebay auctions and thought we would address this issue personally.

- We are currently in the final testing stages with regards to our converter and we are waiting for delivery of our King of Fighters 2000 MVS cartridge.

- At this time our converter currently is compatable with all MVS cartridges, including, King of Fighters 99, Mark of the Wolves, Striker 1945 Plus, Prehistoric Isle 2, as well as Metal Slug 3.

- This item will be produced in our own factory, which gives us total control over price, quantity and of course quality!

- With this level of control you can expect all the luxuries not found with any other MVS converter - Examples being:

- Top loading design to ensure perfect compatability with your system.
- Durable plastic case to match your home system. (Colour yet to be determined - Any requests?)
- Full colour operator's manual.
- New style AES cartridge case.
- Full colour high-resolution insert.

- Our release price for this item will be $499US, which includes FedEx overnight delivery confirmation for the continental US and Canada.

- Our other services will include:
- Third party developer kits.
- MVS cartridge conversions (Strikers 1945 Plus for only $599US complete).
- S-Video cables.
- RGB Cables.
- The new AES II system.

We hope this answers some of your questions.

Best Regards

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
This is GREAT NEWS! I wish you guys the very best on bringing this stuff to market!

Jeff

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Would you be willing to mod pre-existing converters at a reasonable price? Don't you think $500 is a little high? Either way, it sounds like GREAT news, and I can't wait to see it when you're done.

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://welcome.to/undertheneogeomoon
"Remember, aligning yourself with dion dakis is a bad business decision, any day of the week"

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
I personally like transparent blue for the casing color, the same SNK used on some MVS carts!

Out of curiousity, what will the third party developer kit contain?

Keith

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Wow...That sounds great. Unfortunately, I paid around $550 for the converter from Kewikl (the model that Shawn was selling). I want to get it, but, will the future Neo Geo MVS carts be encrypted again? Since I am getting the converter, I think I have some luxury to wait out (maybe), until they stop making games for Neo Geo MVS. Once again, the whole thing sounds really great...

WOW that sounds great.
Put me up for one, even if its the Beta...LOL...
That is great news, i could finally get my MVS Arcade out of my Room, Thank god i really need the room.
Anyway ill take one please, can i pull to the window now?

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Nice!! Make it black please! What is the
AES II? Oh and you said 500 was elease price, will this price go up or down?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Yeah that is some good news indeed. Count me in if this comes through.
smile.gif

BonusKun

Robi15

20 Year Member
I bought my converter for 800us!! It was 6 moths ago! The 500us price is ok.

And what is the AES II system??

More info damn'it.

Ray,

Since you have everyone's attention, why don't you spill some info on your products. I'd really appreciate it (and i bet the rest of the community would too) if we could all get the DL on the developer kit (what it comes with), the AES II?, perhaps a list of converted carts available? I think you have a lot of neo fans drooling right now! (even though $500 doesn't really "shock" me) Oh well, like you said, you do control the price, and it is cheaper than what is out there now. I'm really psyched, better start saving!

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
"- At this time our converter currently is compatable
with all MVS cartridges, including, King of Fighters
99, Mark of the Wolves, Striker 1945 Plus, Prehistoric
Isle 2, as well as Metal Slug 3."

And backwards compatible as well? Some claim that
running a non-protected MVS cart through a NEO CMC
chip would cause the addressing to go awry, and short
out the Neo. Any truth to this?

"- This item will be produced in our own factory,
which gives us total control over price, quantity and
of course quality!"

"Factory"? You have access to manufacturing
facilities? In the US?

"- Top loading design to ensure perfect compatability
with your system."

Perfect compatibility? Um... are you aware that on
older Neos, the current MVS converters don't play in
stereo? My serial # is around 020,000 and sound only
comes out of one speaker.

"- Durable plastic case to match your home system.
(Colour yet to be determined - Any requests?)"

You have the ability to afford injection molding? MAN
I hope you aren't blowing smoke up our asses!
wink.gif
Does
that mean you could get cases made for MVS carts?

"- Third party developer kits."

What's the deal w/ that?

"- S-Video cables."

Him, is that the ol' capacitor mod contained in it's
own cable instead of an S-video mod? I've been told
that this only works especially well with older makes
of Neos. Is this the case with yours? Do you have an
array of Neos (from different periods) to test your
products on?

"- The new AES II system"

Sounds like you picked up on my old idea of building a
new Neo from off the shelf parts! I assume you'll
probably make it "pre-modded" with the works, and both
home and MVS slots? Just my guess....

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif

!Arcade!

Rugal's Thug
"And backwards compatible as well? Some claim that running a non-protected MVS cart through a NEO CMC chip would cause the addressing to go awry, and short out the Neo. Any truth to this?"

- Yes it is backwards compatible.
- No, running any normal MVS cart through the CMC will not damage your system - It simply will not work.

"Factory"? You have access to manufacturing
facilities? In the US?"

- No, but we do own manufacturing as we as printing facilities here in Canada.

"Perfect compatibility? Um... are you aware that on older Neos, the current MVS converters don't play in stereo? My serial # is around 020,000 and sound only comes out of one speaker."

- Our converter has been built to run with full stereo sound. All of the 100+ MVS games we currently have on hand, all run perfectly in stereo.

"You have the ability to afford injection molding? MAN I hope you aren't blowing smoke up our asses! Does that mean you could get cases made for MVS carts?"

- Yes, we have the ability to produce cases for MVS carts.

("- Third party developer kits.")
"What's the deal w/ that?"

- It's a hardware package that will allow the user to code their own games.

"Him, is that the ol' capacitor mod contained in it's
own cable instead of an S-video mod? I've been told that this only works especially well with older makes of Neos. Is this the case with yours? Do you have an array of Neos (from different periods) to test your
products on?"

- It's a stand-alone cable that runs with any RGB source.

"Sounds like you picked up on my old idea of building a new Neo from off the shelf parts! I assume you'll probably make it "pre-modded" with the works, and both home and MVS slots? Just my guess...."

- We have never read your idea on this topic.

- Our AES II system is currently in the final stages of development - More info on this to follow.

Best Regards

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
- No, but we do own manufacturing as we as printing facilities here in Canada.

Awesome! Phil told me about you, and I heard nothing but the best. =)

- Our converter has been built to run with full stereo sound. All of the 100+ MVS games we currently have on hand, all run perfectly in stereo.

That's cool. I guess what I'm asking is, have you tried your converter with a Neo with a 20,000ish serial number?

- Yes, we have the ability to produce cases for MVS carts.

Awesome! I hope all goes as planned! If you need any help getting your site ready faster, I'm more than willing!! (btw I hope you respond to the email I sent)

- It's a stand-alone cable that runs with any RGB source.

You've got lots of great goodies planned!

"Sounds like you picked up on my old idea of building a new Neo from off the shelf parts! I assume you'll probably make it "pre-modded" with the works, and both home and MVS slots? Just my guess...."

- We have never read your idea on this topic.

Well, I didn't mean LITERALLY. =) I just figured you came to the same IDEA I did, coincidentally. As in "picked up on" it in the sense that great minds (at least in your case, LOL) think alike.
wink.gif
No offense, k? Didn't mean it the way you thought...

Anyways, it sounds GREAT!

I wish I could show you the site for the who WAS supposed to be making them....
wink.gif

Good luck man, keep us informed, and try to get back to me on that mail!

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
main_bkgd3.jpg

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
I am intersted in this aes II what is it and what does it look like. Is it a remake of a home system or a super nova type of thing. I am seriously interested. pneracing@netzero.net

!Arcade!

Rugal's Thug
After many requests, pictures of Striker 1945 Plus, Captain Tomaday, Ganryu, and Flip Shot running with our MVS converter are now avaliable. Email us if you would like to view them.

Best Regards

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
I'm not sure what of the hefty price for the converter.
Why do they cost so much? I would love to own one! Any chancethe price will go down?

Also, does anyone know if my neo system
is copy. The system is super light and it says
VIC-A in the top right corner! It also hat
two voltage settings on the powerpack.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Originally posted by Billkwando:

That's cool. I guess what I'm asking is, have you tried your converter with a Neo with a 20,000ish serial number?

Well, living where I do I could always lend a 23xxx system for testing.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
To !Arcade!, any news on the new MVS converters? How are they coming along? Just wondered . . .
smile.gif

!Arcade!

Rugal's Thug
Our converter has been completed, we are now in the process of finalizing the casing as well as the packaging & manual.

For those of you who have inquired, King Of Fighters 2000 MVS, has been tested and plays perfectly.

Regards

Robi15

20 Year Member
I must say taht you guys rock!
smile.gif

It is a good price for converting the carts like Strikes 1945 Plus.
Allso can you "MOD" other (newer) convertes to you'r converter standard for resonable price?