Good Price for a MVS

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1065781090" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1065781090</a>

Looks great, needs a monitor though...

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Fox1 ]</p>

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Thats a rip, the monitor will be a bitch to add.
Autobot said it best: "anything in your machine can be fixed as long as your monitor works"

Now lets draw the conclusion of a stand up with no monitor at all.

And that is way to much dough for a frame, the starting price seems good, but does starting price ever truly speak in the neo world?

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
You could just buy an RGB monitor from an old commodore computer for like 75$ and add that in the machine couldn't you? It looks like a 2 slot... wouldn't be a shabby deal.

Retroplayer

Crazed MVS Addict
The old commodore monitors are only a 14" where that cab will have at least a 19" so would look worng.
I have built a minature cab with a commodore monitor, the picture is very good, plus the monitor only cost me £3 off a carboot sale.

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
It was up on eBay before with the monitor and it did not sell (don't remember the reserve)so he pulled the monitor and listed it again.

Really, it's worth the BIN if you need the parts. Figure the PCB, wiring, memory slot, marquee, CPO, etc. are worth $200, but also figure on another $250 for a used 25" or $500 for a new one.

Mike

Bead Banger
Where can you find an old commodore 14" monitor? Also, would the neo geo's RGB cable just hook right up to it? What about sound?

Thanks!

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Mike:
<strong>Where can you find an old commodore 14" monitor? Also, would the neo geo's RGB cable just hook right up to it? What about sound?

Thanks!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ok, someone correct me if I'm mistaken:
Commodore monitors can take the neo's RGB signal directly. They can be found on ebay fairly easily. Unfortunately, they are mostly in Europe due to the popularity of the commodore over there. I don't think they have sound so you'd have to rig some speakers to use with it.

Retroplayer

Crazed MVS Addict
Originally posted by Mike:
<strong>Where can you find an old commodore 14" monitor? Also, would the neo geo's RGB cable just hook right up to it? What about sound?

Thanks!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Mike, I have found many on car boot sales for stupid prices, the MK1 Philips monitor had a RGB scart input so is very handy for many machines, the mark 2 Philips had a 9pin D-type RGB input (if anyone has the pin-outs for it I would be gratefull of them), I think the Commodore branded monitor (which was probably a philips) has the 9pin connector (I think).
As for sound they have speaker/s built into the monitor case. On the MK 1 philips it was mono, but I think the MK2 and commodore had Stereo.
The monitors are great for supergun projects etc, as I have done with my mini cab, which in the near future I am planning to run joystick ports out of and an RGB scart so I can send it to the TV as well (does anyone know if it is wrong to split the RGB output two ways?).