Is KOF 2000 the last game for Neo Geo Cart?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Hi. This is kind of old news but...I heard from various people and on websites that KOF 2000 is going to be the last game released in cart format. Is this true?

C

charles

I am definitely not the authority on this, but rumors I have heard say no. KOF 2000 will not be the last release.

I have heard of the possibility of Sam Sho 5 (or) Last Blade 3, as well as a sequel to MOTW.

Keep in mind none of those have been confirmed. We will see I guess...

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Thanks for the info. If it's true, wow. What can I say but "ora ora". Come on. Bring them on! (esp. MOTW 2 and SS 5).

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
I also heard rumors about MS4 and ghostlop. There is also 1 or 2 other games but I can't remember at the moment.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
KoF 2000 may be the last AES cartridge.
Actualy, KoF 2000 may not even be made on AES by Aruze.

All other games that will be coming from Aruze and other companies will be on MVS only.

NGF will be making AES cartridges of all these MVS games as well as making some NGF exclusive cartridges.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Although I have no reason to believe that what you say is true, if it is . . . then I'll just get the MVS versions of all those games, and play through an arcade cab or supergun/hga. Later, of course, once the price comes down on the carts, as it always does.

I wouldn't order "NGF" versions of anything; when the product may never arrive, and the seller might claim that he shipped it anyway, where is the security? There isn't any. No thank you, I'll pass on these "exclusive NGF AES" carts.

But I'm sure you can put them up on eBay, in private auctions, and unload them that way. There are always enough uninformed people out there to sell to . . . that's the nature of the internet.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
What will happen is Aruze will probably weigh the sales of KOF2000, and if it does well on hme cart, we might get to see MOTW2, I doubt we would see an MS4 if one is made, but I could be wrong, it did sell out, but we have no idea how many units were produced. Ghostlop will never show up on home cart, it will be releaes just like Ganryu..... My opinions, no factual info yet...

Keith

Dion

Chimp, once again you prove your age and IQ levels.

It seems that people figured out that all these "NGF bad deals" were lies by people like you.

The "deal with Shawn??"
I am taking care of it.

And for eBay??
It's a GREAT way to meet new Neo fans that are Neo collectors that soon become "NeoGeoFreaks."

Hey, I met Shawn that way.
smile.gif

And for "private auctions," it looks like a LOT of people are copying me. Look at many of the NeoGeo auctions or many of the "arcade game" auctions.... many of them are now "private."

This actually makes the buyers more comfortable and gets you more business.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Dion

Also, as for sending cartridges......I am ALWAYS using priority mail with confirmation.

Buyers can have their cartridges shipped anyway they prefer - UPS, FedEX, EMS, or US Priority Mail with confirmation.

All are trackable.

And Chimp, from day one you have tried to bad mouth me. You even sent mails from your server as "Dion Dakis" - why?

What is your problem?

Just asking.

I have no problem selling you any AES cartridge. I just want to know why you have a beef with "Dion" and "NGF."

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well, I don't have a "beef" with "Dion" or "NGF". I just find that after hearing a number of negative stories about your "dealings", that you do not seem to be a trustworthy source for products. Whether that perception, on my part as well as on many other people's parts, will ever change, is doubtful at best.

Of course, your condescending and arrogant attitude doesn't help . . . but I guess that's something unlikely to change in the future, as people tend to get set in their ways as they get older.

As for that person, whoever it was, that sent emails to the DHP list "pretending" to be "Dion", I do remember seeing those messages come through the list . . . and as I recall, they didn't look any different from the stuff you usually post. Same attitude, same phrases, same disdain for the Neo community. Whoever it was, it doesn't really matter, as the posts were undistinguishable from your own . . . and come to think of it, they were kinda funny too.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Mike

Bead Banger
I hope and pray that KOF 2000 is not the last MVS cart. As long as we continue to support the neo I think that we will see 5 or more great titles. Not only that but, NGF is "in production" of titles at the moment.

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I am hoping the game (KOF 2000) will come out to home cart on November.
But, is anyone of you understand japanese?
I somehow have been checking www.neogeo.co.jp on KOF 2000 development.

Go to japanese section of KOF 2000 and see the "info" section (you have to see it from the bottom on your brower if you don't understand Japanese (like me)).

If you notice, the date always delay by two weeks or one (I've been watching it or about 2 months;I guess). It starts from I think 7/28 and keep delay and delay. Everytime it is closed to the date, it is postpone another week. I wonder why and I do not understand Japanese.
This is the link: http://www.neogeo.co.jp/kof00/info/info.htm

While in Vincent KOF 2000 page(http://www.crosswinds.net/~vinckof2000/index.html), the KOF 2000 is released everywhere (I haven't had chance to see this game but I know at least two arcades closed by my area that have KOF 2000 machine). Is it the beta version? Is somebody in this forum can explain this to me?
I even heard that the delay is due to "millenium bugs" from somewhere.

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I hope the home cart will come out on November. I somehow have been watching official Snk homepage (www.neogeo.co.jp) on KOF 2000 development.

If you go to the KOF 2000 section (the japanese section), and go to info section (you have to see it from the bottom of your browser if you don't understand Japanese (like me)). The date keep changing.
I think it was started from 7/28 but everytime it is closed to the date, they postpone for another week or two. Right now, it is 9/1 (I've been watching on this info section for maybe about 2 months). This is the link: http://www.neogeo.co.jp/kof00/info/info.htm
Just see this link on 9/1, let's see if it will be changed again. I hope it will not.

I do not know japanese so I don't know what it really means. I hope someone in this forum can explain it to me.

On the other hand in Vincent KOF 2000 homepage (http://www.crosswinds.net/~vinckof2000/index.html), the arcade can be found everywhere in the world. I know at least 2 arcade closed by my area have KOF 2000 machine.

Does it mean a beta version on the KOF 2000? or what? or it is just the date on the site?
I am confused due to my lack understanding of Japanese.

I hope somebody whoever can intepret Japanese in this forum can explain this.

I even heard from somewhere that the delay due to "millenium bug".

Well, I am just hoping that the home cart will be released soon or by November.

C

charles

Another thing to consider.

Rumors of "so and so" being the last Home Cart release have been going on for a long time. I remember people saying MOTW would be the last Home Cart, and look where we are today.

Of course with Aruze acquiring SNK, and making all these changes who knows? I sincerely doubt it however.

Dion

MotW was the last English AES cartridge.

Things are VERY differet now as well. We are not dealing with SNK, whose only money came from the "NeoGeo" and the "Neo" name.

We are dealing with Aruze, who doesn't need the NeoGeo for money.

If KoF2000 does get released as an AES cartridge, it will more than likely be the last official Aruze NeoGeo AES cartridge.

I know the MVS will keep getting games and NGF will keep bringing/converting games to the AES.

There will be more official NGF AES carts, but no more SNK (since they are gone) and/or Aruze AES cartridges.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hm, I write the post twice. I thought I lost the last one since when I submit it.
My computer is not responding and I have to restart my computer but this forum still takes my post (the one that freeze). That's the reason I rewrite the post.
Well, I will just leave it as it is. You can see it is still post #12 for me. Shawn, is that something you can fix?

Shawn

snkusa.com
Asam29, you are showing a total post count of #13 now. If you are still having problems, email me.

Dion

Shawn, the same thing happened to me earlier. I made a post and everything froze up. I had to reboot my computer.

This happened right after I read asam's (Andy's) post, so it got me wondering.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

[This message has been edited by Dion (edited August 28, 2000).]

Dion

Sure Smallwood, everyone who is "pro Dion" is Dion.

Hey Andy (asam) Now you are "Dion" as are all the other people who are pro "NGF."

Typical.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well Dion, you shouldn't be insulted. It just reinforces the image of you as being all-knowing, all-seeing, and in all places, all the time . . . kind of flattering, I think.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey Billwando,

To let you know,
asam79 is Andy.

What are you talking about?
I also in your forum, Bill. Andy Sam.
I used your forum for selling Neo stuff and buying stuff. Thank you very much for that.

Asam is just my abreviation.

By the way,
I had couple Neo deal with Dion and his recent deal so far is one of the best Neo deal I've ever had.

Frostu

n00b
Well, I've HEARD taht Sam Show 5 will run on an enhanced Garou engine. If that's true... @_@