Neo Geo MVS Cases thread???

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
All this bickering over 'NGF',I can see I'm going to be pulled into this WAR!
If you enjoy Neo Geo for gaming like myself MVS is the only wy to go and now cases will be provided to the scene if you need them in the TRADITIONAL MVS Red & White everybody HOPED FOR.
Here is the link
[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1228567525[/link]
Enough with that plague already..see I told you I was going to pulled in..
smile.gif

-BB

Robi15

20 Year Member
Just ordered 10 of them.
smile.gif
Do you know what the shipping should cost to Europe?

------------------
NEOBIOS.gif

MVS all the way!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Hi.
For 10 pieces??...should'nt be too much.When the auction ends we'll get everything squared away.
-BB SHOCK!X2

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
There a few possibilities as to what happened to the thread. One is that it was lost during one of the server stutters that was happening during the last couple of days. Another is that it was deleted or moved to another topic area (highly unlikely, as it was a non-inflammatory topic, and was also in the right topic area, a rare thing these days
wink.gif
), the last is a bit more strange.

When my account wigged out during that fateful crash yesterday, when I was browsing around the boards reading afterwards, I noticed that several of my recent posts had gone missing, and in some cases, threads that I had recently responded to had also gone completely missing. I would chalk it up to technical difficulties, I do not think there is a conspiracy to keep people from knowing about the cases. A bit rare for me, I see a conspiracy if the newspaper is delivered late.
wink.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!"

Spelling corrected.

[This message has been edited by BioMotor_Unitron (edited April 10, 2001).]

Robi15

20 Year Member
Maybe here is a dark conspiracy hidden anyway.. Someone could leaked the moderators passwords and so on. Nah, unlikely...
salook.gif

------------------
NEOBIOS.gif

MVS all the way!

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
I guess maybe I am not understanding this....the custom made MVS case fits both NHC and MVS carts? in the pictures you provid it looks like the NHC is fitting snug in the case....as well as the MVS case....I thought the MVS case is bigger than the NHC. Here let me show you what I mean.....

mvsin.jpg
this is the MVS game snug in the case......

homein.jpg
this is the NHC snug in the case I don't understand how this is possible because they are different sized carts....please explain to me....as I am confused......thanks.....

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
That's simple. The Home Cartridge fits automatically but not tight and snug like the MVS.There 'IS' a lil play when it comes to the home cartridge.That is why the Home Cartridge is not 'PUSHED'. This case's primary existence is for the MVS cartridge.
This case is customly designed to fit the MVS cartridge. The colors are traditional Red & White since everyone overwhelmingly liked 'RED' and it is a 'COST AFFECTIVE' case
for which you can house your cart,ad insert and artwork and place on your book shelf.
Gamers will be able to show off their library of MVS carts as well as collecters.
If you choose to put a home cartridge in this itemn it's your option to do so..
You can shake the casing and here the home cart wiggling but it's not a big deal.
Again, this is the BEST we could do to make this product affordable to the MVS public and I feel this case will help alot of people get over that psychological hump of not having the insert & manual because they will be able to duplicate or create their own.
Again..The MVS cartridge will fit PERFECTLY! The casing closes tight and it's pretty sturdy.
If I was to compare the three cases.I would tell that this case is middle of the pack quality wise but #1 when it comes to housing an MVS cartridge ,The Traditional Red & White Colors,plenty of Window Space and being able to build some type of library on a book shelf.
EXCELLENT Question!
Thankyou
BB -SHOCK!X2

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BioMotor_Unitron:
When my account wigged out during that fateful crash yesterday, when I was browsing around the boards reading afterwards, I noticed that several of my recent posts had gone missing, and in some cases, threads that I had recently responded to had also gone completely missing.

What happened really? I noticed the same thing, and about 80 posts had been knocked off my total, after having been e-mailed that my account was deleted & corrupt. Oh well life goes on.

By the way, did it ever get answered who "Mr R" is? Oh and the empty space on the left side of the open case, how snugly would the MVS instruction cards fit inside there? Can't remember if that was answered last time around.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You did'nt read the prompt reply I gave you?
Mr. 'R' is the handle of a local friend.Just like my handle is Big Bear / Raiden.I showed respect to him for helping make this possible in a MAJOR WAY.
The area opposite the cartridge tray serves the purpose of opening & closing the case.
You can store marquee and or manual under the cart and then lay paperwork on top of the cartridge and close the case.The only item you would have to adjust is the 'MOVES' sticker because it's not divided into two pieces evenly.
All the paperwork on top of the cartridge will close into that frame.
-BB

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I can't ever recall seeing a previous response to the question, but so what, now I know. Anyhow I was more concerned with whether or not the large instruction cards would get bent around the corners or something if placed in the box, which you similarly answered.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
IT FEELS GOOD to have a CASE!!!!!!!! YEAH! Purchase all the MVS games you can before the prices increase is what I suggest!
Cart Only?? No BIG DEAL now! The majority of us only receive laminated copies of the marquee anyway . A cool option is to blow the marquee up to insert size and use that as the front face while the backside remains the demo of the game displayed on the home cart insert!
smile.gif

It's your choice people!! It's your choice!! Don't Sleep on these cases..I'm serious here because when they catch on you may have a hard time getting them,no fault of my own!
I'm not trying to over hype this up,this case will sell itself once you receive it.
I am apart of this hobby and I know this product must be acceptable...
BB -SHOCK!X2

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Good job finally pulling off the MVS cases. This has been all talk in the Neo community for quite some time. My grievence only lies in the color, ughh red. Clashes so nasty with everything else I own.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I posted this before, but since the last thread was erased, here it goes again:

Are you also going to produce MVS cartridge repacements? Some of my MVS carts are not that in great shape, and it wouldn't be worthwhile to put a MVS cases for them. Thanks.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Good job finally pulling off the MVS cases. This has been all talk in the Neo community for quite some time. My grievence only lies in the color, ughh red. Clashes so nasty with everything else I own.
Hey that's a GOOD THING! The Neo Geo Cases should 'CLASH' with everything else because this whole 'NEO GEO' thing is not 'ORDINARY'
smile.gif
and should stand out.
I still addicted after all these years and still can't figure it out
smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Are you also going to produce MVS cartridge repacements? Some of my MVS carts are not that in great shape, and it wouldn't be worthwhile to put a MVS cases for them. Thanks.
I actually thought about this before and my personal feeling is that there would'nt be enough demand for this to make it 'COST AFFECTIVE' .I want the item to be affordable and although 'WORN' cartridge plastic is a concern it's not a major concern ,people can do without it.I suggest you purchase some really cheap MVS titles and swap the casings.
You'll come out alot better. I wanted to be able to provide an MVS plastic with Neon colors and an area where you can place the label but as I stated before the demand has to really be there.
The demand for an MVS case has been an ongoing thing for years and something had to be done.MVS ROMS and HOME ROMS are identical,it's that psychological 'not having the insert,manual & case' that made people frown on MVS for the most part but now We will be providing the foundation and it's up to do the rest(manual/Insert).Not a problem.
-BB

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
So what I am understanding that there will NOT be another run of the cases? I'm sure if there is enough demand, you will make another run right?

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

Mike

Bead Banger
YOU NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER RUN OF THOSE CASES!!!!

I NEED 30+ MYSELF!!!

Robi15

20 Year Member
No , 9,99:- each. They are up on ebay so you must place a bid.
smile.gif

------------------
NEOBIOS.gif

MVS all the way!

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Bomber Man:
What happened really? I noticed the same thing, and about 80 posts had been knocked off my total, after having been e-mailed that my account was deleted & corrupt. Oh well life goes on.

I know WHAT happened, or at least what the results were, but I am still curious as to exactly how. I know the host server for the site was having some problems, and my funky DSL may have combined with that to cause even more problems.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!"

[This message has been edited by BioMotor_Unitron (edited April 11, 2001).]

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Yeah Big Bear, I need about 50 cases... but I can't drop $500 for them now... I wanted to buy 10 a month or so for the next few months.... hmm, and I will not be happy with only 10 of my games ever getting cases. Will you be making more in the future or is this it?

-Nick

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
This auction will really be the determining factor. I mean...Is the 'DEMAND' really here for this like it should be???
I mentioned in the other thread that I was expecting another small amount..this is when I will start accepting orders beyond eBay.
BB -SHOCK!X2

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BIG BEAR:
Good job finally pulling off the MVS cases. This has been all talk in the Neo community for quite some time. My grievence only lies in the color, ughh red. Clashes so nasty with everything else I own.
Hey that's a GOOD THING! The Neo Geo Cases should 'CLASH' with everything else because this whole 'NEO GEO' thing is not 'ORDINARY'
smile.gif
and should stand out.
I still addicted after all these years and still can't figure it out
smile.gif

By no means did I mean the neo was ordinary
smile.gif
It's just that I like the order of my home carts already, and the red would clash with those.
biggrin.gif

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I just wanted to take time out and publicly thank Shawn for getting in touch with me and adressing my concerns a couple of days ago.
Damn. This is a great site and it coninues to get better!
Life after death ? NO FEAR NOW!
-BB