Kabuki Klash?

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
I was surfing the gaming pages and I came upon this 1995 game that looks like Samurai Shodown kids!
I remember seeing KK in the arcades but I never played it. I remember some kid having like a pet lion or something.

What do you guys think about this game and anyone know if it got released to any systems other then the Neo Geo? Sega Saturn perhaps?

KK looks interesting to say the least. I wish I played it when I had the chance.

Robert

20 Year Member
Kabuki Klash is an intersting fighting game.Graphics are good and everything move well. The only problem is that the game is expensive and I think that SS 2 is a better choice.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steve:
I was surfing the gaming pages and I came upon this 1995 game that looks like Samurai Shodown kids!
I remember seeing KK in the arcades but I never played it. I remember some kid having like a pet lion or something.

What do you guys think about this game and anyone know if it got released to any systems other then the Neo Geo? Sega Saturn perhaps?

KK looks interesting to say the least. I wish I played it when I had the chance.

Kabuki Klash is a good game. The graphics are breathtaking, the music is savoury,
and the characters are hilarious at times! Manto Ape!

Footnote: you can throw your weapons ala SS, collect power scrolls to max out
your magic bar, and slip on banana peals!

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Wasn't KK released for the Turbografx/Duo Arcade Hu card? I remember seeing
pictures of the Turbo version in EGM a very long time ago, along with pictures of
FFS and WH.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Kabuki Klash was released for the Turbo on CD. As a matter of fact I saw an auction on ebay that had one with a system where it was brand new sealed.

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
The Kabuki Klash Neo-Geo fighter is based on a PC-Engine CD-ROM RPG series that, to my knowledge, never was released in the USA. The Kabuki Klash Neo-Geo home cart is also a "Japan only" release, but were this the "good ol' days", an NGF "representative" would be right here to tell me that there was, in fact, a US release of said title and that I'm just not "elite" enough to find it.
smile.gif
As for the "Kabuki Klash" Neo-Geo game, well, it really isn't my cup of tea. Sure, the grapics are sort of "novel", but beyond that, the gameplay is fairly shallow. If I want to play a good weapons based fighter, I'll spend my time with LB2 or SS2 instead. I picked up Kabuki Klash only for the purpose of rounding out my collection; not because I really enjoy it.

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
There is a Far East Of Eden game for Turbo CD, it's an RPG, but I didn't think it was the Kabuki Klash fighting game... I don't think the Turbo CD would be strong enough to handle it, but I could be wrong. I've never played either, is the Neo version worth $55 to pick up on MVS?

Edit: Sorry Dolphinlord, didn't see your response. I guess I needed to refresh
smile.gif
You answered it better than I did. Hope I helped a little...

------------------
~~Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
Tempest X000!!!
My Game Trading Zone Page

"A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

[This message has been edited by chainsawyak (edited March 14, 2001).]

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Actually, I like this game, the only setback of this game is the game play, which is pretty shadow compared to Samurai Showdown series. If you're the fan of Kabuki den, you must own this game, the animation is among the top 5 of all NG games.