Blue KOF 2000 MVS??!!

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
With all this talk of Bootleg vs. Real I wanted to know if anyone else owns a KOF 2000 MVS cart that has a blue case. I have bought items from Julius in the past and never feared being ripped off but the previous post about KOF 2001 has me worried. Is this a bootleg or the real deal?

Jeff

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
<a href="http://www.neogeousa.com" target="_blank">www.neogeousa.com</a> has them in blue. I doubt Ray would have any bootlegs.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I got a US mvs kof2000 and the case is black, i have only ever seen black cases, is it japanese?
they do sometimes use blue cases though as my shocktroopers 2 was in a blue case, so i aint too sure?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
MVS carts come in a variety of colors/label combinations, the outside appearance has little to do with the cart being original or a boot. If it works 100% and does not have scenes missing don't worry about it :D

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Wolf: I did not see a pic of KOF 2000 on that site. They did have a pic of KOF 2001 bootleg up there though, and it was blue which scares me. My KOF 2000 case is not translucent blue either, it is opaque.

Help please! :( I hope my 2000 cart is not fake!

Jeff

Well, I doubt that a bootleg would use a blue cart case... However, if you're really concerned, and it means that much to you, MVS carts can be opened with a Phillips Head screwdriver, but that risks damaging the game/chips/label... I am not aware of the "telltale" signs of MVS bootlegs but there may be other forum members who are and could let you know if the game is legitimate or not by looking at pictures of the game boards... But if I had a KOF 2000 MVS cart that was blue I'd just consider it an added bonus (I happen to like the blue MVS carts--don't have any yet though.)