READ NOW!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Okay, it has come to my attention that NGF has a review in which dion himself and i quote said "any press is good press" ok with that in mind its time to make a decision as long as we talk about there business practices etc. they will be in full support dion himself said it and sadly, its true we need to shut them out of our minds and then and only then will they fade I have allways said the negative is more inviting then the positive why?? you ask, its simple people forget the good and focus more on the bad its a proven sad but true, Just look at the topic explaining the interview PUBLICITY and too much! I mean if i were to screw a bunch of people bad deals, etc. then i would be famous to but people would not forget me do to the fuel in the fire i care ALOT about the neo community and it is not fair for http://www.neo-geo.com/ to help a cause by talking so much about it bottom line the only way to get rid of ngf is to have permanent amnesia because we make them look like the number 1 priority because we talk more about them then the neo itself, dion knows we are all pawns in his little games but whats a game with no players thats our goal!
smile.gif
just how i feel no disrespect to anyone

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
Any press is good press? How about: "I hope Dion gets a bullet put in his head". How's that for positive press? I don't think people are going to be forgetting about NGF...

------------------
~~Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
Tempest X000!!!
My Game Trading Zone Page

"A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

B

Bobak!

I think the flip side to that arguement is that by not talking about it we let lots of newbies fall into the trap that others have already done.

Let me use a non-neo analogy from my own life: In my spare time I work with a health organization and go to the High Schools to teach 13 & 14 year olds about sexuality, sex, and birth control (remember those talks from HS?). I do it because: If I don't talk about it, someone else will (be it friend, media, whatever) and the last thing I want is for them is to get the -wrong- info.

Like sex, I think the neo is something everyone should have and experience in every which way -I just feel that we should all stay informed so that we can make healthy choices and not get stuck with an unwelcome disease or worse (NGF).
smile.gif

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I guess what you are saying is NGF is the "clap" of the video game world.
wink.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
lb_shikyohstand.gif

"Oh yeah? Look who is talking, Bushido-butt!"

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
yeah none wants to contract NGf

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
My personal take on the whole "any press is good press" attitude Dion keeps strutting is a front. Think about it, if you got a group of kids bugging you in school, instead of fighting all of them, the only alternative is to laugh along with their teasing. When they realize they can't get you fired up, they tend to back off and eventually leave you alone. I think Dion is trying to bullshit himself into believing the "any press is good press" doctrine, and thinking if we in the Neo community can't piss him off, we'll leave him alone. But that is not the case at all, as most of us will agree, that a lot of the Dion bashing is done to warn newbies. And besides, I think if Dion really liked any and all press, he wouldn't make his auctions private.

I personally don't think we should stop talking about Dion. Though this may be an extreme example, think about how Jews talk about The Holocaust, or blacks talk about slavery. They were atrocious situations to say the least, and subjects, especially to vicitims in one form or another, that nobody should consume their thoughts with. However, if these acts are forgotten, there's always the risk of them getting repeated, so they get talked about. Again, an extreme example to make a point, but hopefully I'm being clear about this enough. To stop talking about Dion is to allow him freedom to victimize the unaware.

And if you know the warnings and still get victimized, you deserve no sympathy. Sorry, but that's the cold hard truth...

lou_preview.gif

www.fanscene.org

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Very well said, Lou. Besides, can you imagine the shame and humiliation of going to the doctor? "Doc, I...I got a bad case of NGF!"
wink.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
lb_shikyohstand.gif

"Oh yeah? Look who is talking, Bushido-butt!"