WOW NGF Interview at Event Gaming...

C

Caris Nautilus

AHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH GOD THAT SLAYED ME AHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHA!

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited March 12, 2001).]

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Absolutely unbelievable! Even in what was supposed to be a professional interview, Dion comes through as his usual arrogant self. Notice how he actually failed to answer most of the questions relating to his "business practices" and the complaints that have been posted about his company? All he could say was that it related to "pure stupidity or pure jealousy", what a totally pathetic response. Even after all these years, some things just never change . . .

S

Silent_Scope

NGF just BS a lot
bunch of sick fuck morons
Whole interview made me laugh
So it means that NGF "loves" people talking about them because we "jealous" two "ordinary" people running business?
Jealous my ass

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
I wasted a few minutes to read through the latest droll NGF interview and came away feeling totally apathetic. It's basically more of the same ol' propagandizing that we've all been subject to for a few years now. What a ho-hum article. The “shock value” of NGF has definitely worn off.

C

Caris Nautilus

The only jealous people are the ones who got screwed by Dion and didn't get their stuff, lol.

Dion failed to mention ANYWHERE in the interview how many people he has scammed or ripped off completley. He at least could have fessed up to it if he's trying to be legit now.

Maybe it will be in part 2.... (yea right)

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited March 12, 2001).]

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I see no one mentioned that Dion would like us to believe that !Arcade! came from NGF. That he was a friend of Dion's and left with information
smile.gif
Atleast that was what he was implying with this:

"Dion: At first it was just Chris and myself. We started associating with other people, and we gave them a lot of insider info and advice, but then they broke out and tried to do their own thing. We wish them all the best with their home projects. The more Neo support, the better it will be for all the fans. We don't have a problem with other people trying to make artworks, kits, controllers, or modifications. We think any and all of those things help further the NeoGeo market and awareness. 

One of the more interesting items made by home groups is an MVS to AES adapter. We think this is a great idea and a really good novelty item. It allows people to play MVS cartridges on their AES systems. This is such a great and handy thing to have. Once a person buys the MVS cart, they can play it in the comfort of their home. And when the person realizes that they want it in AES form (complete with box, insert, sticker, and manual), they can send it to us to convert and 'officialize' it for them as an NGF-official AES cart. And the cost to them won't be felt, because they will have already bought the MVS cart, so all they need to do is get a sac cart and pay us to modify their MVS cart to AES, and send it back to them "complete" and they are set. See, everyone wins with "

Dion also makes it sound like he will be working hand and hand with Arcade to help the community... man, seems if he can not beat them, he will discredit them. Haha, it is almost like he knows that NGF association is the kiss of death. I must say this was a very skillful move... I still can not believe Dion wanted to be taken seriously with this article. Even after being challenged about being cocky, he is cocky as ever in the interview. Oh well,

-Nick

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Quote1:
"All future titles will be made exclusively by SNK for NGF in the preferred English form. These games are 100% officially made by SNK. This is great news for all NeoGeo fans."

Quote2: Once a person buys the MVS cart, they can play it in the comfort of their home. And when the person realizes that they want it in AES form (complete with box, insert, sticker, and manual), they can send it to us to convert and 'officialize' it for them as an NGF-official AES cart. And the cost to them won't be felt, because they will have already bought the MVS cart, so all they need to do is get a sac cart and pay us to modify their MVS cart to AES, and send it back to them "complete" and they are set."

So which is offical, the conversion jobs done by NGF or the exclusively made SNK carts for NGF? Who is making the carts again? I am confused, this seems a little contridictive
smile.gif

-Nick

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Now I know where to go if I wish to read a scandal sheet for Video Game news, much like the National Enquirer. Just a little note to the editor, Ebay feedback means nothing outside of Ebay.... Why would a company need to depend on that anyway?
tongue.gif

Anyway, I can not believe some of the things they said in that interview.
eek.gif

NGF been around for 5 years? I think not. 2 years at most. Chris and Dion have been around for 5 years, but not NGF.
frown.gif

Hell, they can not even get the price right for their upcoming release of NitD, $350 in the interview and

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">We will sell the game direct for $379.99 We are accepting preorders and ADVANCE purchases now until March 20, 2001. People who PREPAY will be getting the game at the discounted price of $359.99

from the website. Hmmm.....
rolleyes.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">We started associating with other people, and we gave them a lot of insider info and advice, but then they broke out and tried to do their own thing.

Now here is where I draw the line.
mad.gif
First, in no way, shape, or form did Arcade Solutions deal with NGF in designing the adapter they are selling, trying to draw this picture by the scant words they say is ridiculous. Publishing this is even more ridiculous! The MVS to home cart (I despise using the term 'AES,' it is the home system!)adapter is a novelty item? Well, it is cheaper than the NGF carts. I would not call Arcade Solutions a home group just from the quality construction of the unit.

As far as 'other groups' I do not know of any that got help from them (Anyone fill me in here?). Myself, Nick_th_fury, and Jeff Kurtz have been on our own since day 1 making inserts/stickers/manuals for games and freely releasing them. Besides, we have done more manuals than they have from what I know. Sure, they made inserts and stickers first, who cares, we made them free to anyone who prints them. No money needed, just some effort.

Maybe they have a deal with SNK for 3 games, maybe they do not. I am not sure, did the author verify this for himself or did he blindly write what they said?

He obviously lacks the insight over the controversy of the issue of converted carts. There was NEVER a large movement against them because they converted carts, the movement was produced by them misrepresenting the carts. People have their own opinions, but that is a different story.

They were first prototypes, and with every release SNK always made artwork for them. Next they became test carts, since all carts were designed on a home based system, the artwork situation was the same, then they became 'NGF-Official' carts, tilt the wording a little to change the story, and then finally they say that these carts were converted. It does not take too much research to learn of this from over the years. Also, there is the problem with them 'freaking' or 'crumpifying' carts with their inserts, raping the original SNK ones. Color corrected? Not for me.

In closing, maybe they are official SNK distributors, maybe they aren't. They are releasing NitD soon so we will know more.... I believe the author goes by their word alone, which apparently was not enough for Shawn. If they are distributors, all of the carts they sell should be MSRP, even the carts from the restock. No Metal Slug for $1299, and Shawn's prices should mean nothing to them.

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

Mouse_Master

Staff member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nruva:
So which is offical, the conversion jobs done by NGF or the exclusively made SNK carts for NGF? Who is making the carts again? I am confused, this seems a little contridictive
smile.gif

-Nick

There is 'Official' and there is 'NGF Official.' 'NGF Official' = unofficial SNK product, just like the homebrew inserts, pretty to look at, but not in any way endorsed by SNK. Any cart that has been converted is not 'official' per se, but they will play on the words to claim the cart is official, since all of the part involved in the conversion came from SNK, except the labor was done by an outside party.

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

Mike

Bead Banger
Quote 1:

"We only made an initial 100 English KoF2000s. "

Everyone sees MADE right?

Quote 2:

"We wished we ordered 500!" (KOF2k English)

Uhhh...??

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited March 12, 2001).]

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
It seems to me that NGF only likes the truth they say, not letting the real truth come out. It amazes me how they can sleep at night with their supposed business practices.

------------------
There can be only one, Why can't it be me...

S

Silent_Scope

I think I'll have a nightmare when I read the second part.........

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
The person who did that interview of Dion (Matt Leone) used to publish a Fanzine
called Hyperzine. Funny thing is, when I was about to publish to premier issue of
Neo-News, I decided to e-mail a Press Release to this person for coverage on
Event Gaming. He completely disregarded my Press Release, but notice how Dion is
the center of his attention.

I think we should start sending some 'special' letters to Matt to show our support for the interview.
wink.gif

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!

ITS dionS NEO MATT!!!!!!!
NO WONDER HE CHARGES SO MUCH FOR IT!!!!
IT CAN TALK AND TYPE AND BE AN ARSEHOLE, JUST LIKE THE "ZEN MASTERS" BEST BUDDY AND ITS OWN OWNER dion dixazz!!!!!!

ngfS BEEN AROUND LESS THAN 2 YEARS, THEYVE BEEN CLAIMING TO BE OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTERS A LITTLE UNDER THEIR INITIAL TOO........
THEY GOT THE WHOLE CONTROVERSY ETC WRONG..........

DAMN, WHAT A JIZZ MATT THAT IS!
DEVIL_GUI

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
"To be very honest and bold, in 2 words: pure stupidity or pure jealousy"

I believe that is 5 words. Sheesh what a arrogant shit.

James

Mouse_Master

Staff member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DEVIL_GUI:
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!

IT CAN TALK AND TYPE AND BE AN ARSEHOLE, JUST LIKE THE "ZEN MASTERS" BEST BUDDY AND ITS OWN OWNER dion dixazz!!!!!!

ngfS BEEN AROUND LESS THAN 2 YEARS, THEYVE BEEN CLAIMING TO BE OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTERS A LITTLE UNDER THEIR INITIAL TOO........

DEVIL_GUI

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

I've got to give you your props for that! You nailed that one right on the head!
smile.gif

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DEVIL_GUI:
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!

DEVIL_GUI

It was just a thought, Gui. Notice how every Neo article written by Matt mentions NGF in some shape or form. To this guy (it seems), nothing else exists.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I'd also like to mention that Matt was a subscriber of Neo Enthusiast back in the day. I still have his mailing address on file! Its a small world afterall.....

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well the One quote that got my attention was this.

The English KoF2000 was a complete success. We wish we ordered 500! We even were going to offer that retailer new NeoGeo CD systems, which they also posted that they would get and sell. But right now, we are making agreements to sell them to another retailer. With our help, this new retailer will be moving Neo items left and right.

It's a new era, and the Neo will be going strong and hopefully find many "new fans." People probably already know of our association with this new retailer. At times the retailer acts like he doesn't like us, but it's all part of the media hype. And it works.

So is it true Shawn are you going to deal with them again sell neo cd systems? And is all the the NGF stuff and ACT? or is this another NGF lie and are they talking about someone else.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
>>>>>>>>
Quote 1:
"We only made an initial 100 English KoF2000s. "

Everyone sees MADE right?

Quote 2:

"We wished we ordered 500!" (KOF2k English)

Uhhh...??

>>>>>>>>>>

Well, if it were I who paid SNK for a special order of unique carts, I would say that I "made" them. After all, I paid for them, and they wouldn't be around otherwise.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It's a new era, and the Neo will be going strong and hopefully find many "new fans." People probably already know of our association with this new retailer. At times the retailer acts like he doesn't like us, but it's all part of the media hype. And it works.[/b][/B]

Ouch! It makes a person wonder....

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
Dion stands outside of the now closed SNK of America offices.
What a dick.

Many grammer and spelling mistake i seen on that page.
Shit, it was written like a NGF cart manual.

------------------