When It Comes To The Taste-Test, People Prefer Neo Geo!

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I took my home system to my friend's game store the last couple of weekends, and set it up on one of their TV's they have demo-consoles hooked up to. Despite the fact that there were other consoles they could try on other TV's (PS2, DC, N64) people preferred WATCHING someone else playing the Neo to actually playing a PS2. When they actually got to their turn to try Metal Slug 3, KOF 2000, or even oldies-but-goodies like Thrash Rally, they picked the Neo every time. Bet Sony would hate to hear that people preferred WATCHING someone else play a ten year old console to playing their PS2, let alone once that person got to try MS3. There may be hope for the human race yet.
wink.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
lb_shikyohstand.gif

"Oh yeah? Look who is talking, Bushido-butt!"

H

homeslice61886

Fuckin rite dude.thats why i want one so bad

------------------
lady_1.jpg

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
Maybe many of them havent played the Neo before or it was their first time the laid they eyes on it shit.

I did they same thing last year when i took my homecart system to my gameshop and all were loving playing Sam Sho 4 and Real Bout 2.

Yea i agree, the Neo is originaly great.

Notice: NITD pics at my site with a possible video comming soon.

------------------

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Illicious:
Maybe many of them havent played the Neo before or it was their first time the laid they eyes on it shit.

I did they same thing last year when i took my homecart system to my gameshop and all were loving playing Sam Sho 4 and Real Bout 2.

Yea i agree, the Neo is originaly great.

It was a mix of people that had never seen it/heard of it before, and those that had, or had played the various MVS units around town. Metal Slug 3 was the title that they all wanted to play the most, as most of them that had played had only ever played up to Metal Slug X, and did not know games were still being made.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
lb_shikyohstand.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I thought as much. Of course, when I show my Neo Geo stuff first, most people don't have enough time left to play my other consoles. (most kids prefer DC and PS 2's--something w/ graphics. Older crowds prefer Neo Geo).

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
There were kids as young as five to people older than myself, they all just ignored the other consoles in the store. The Neo ruled the day.
wink.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
lb_shikyohstand.gif

S

Silent_Scope

What are you guys talking about? What is Neo Geo? Is it a new console? I know Sony, Sega and Nintendo and have no idea where does Neo Geo is from........hmmmm..
Metal Slug 3? What is that? Is the same team that making Metal Slug X on PS? Does it has better graphic than PS version?

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
YAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAA
SOUNDS LIKE A LITTLE KID OR A SONY ZEALOT SILENT SCOPE YAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA
VERY ACCURATE!

BTW BIOMOTOR, YOU BREAK ANYONES ARMS FOR HAMMERING YOUR CONTROLLERS?

DEVIL GUI

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
It's pure ignorance. 1.Most gamers havent heard of neo 2. most gamers wont touch anything without the word sony on it 3. "Oh man its 2 - D...."

If people try it and see the Neos graphics
(I cant understand why mags insist on calling them dated...KoF looks just fine when compared with SFA3) they will like it.

In fact I'd never heard of Neo Geo(except an Neo CD article in Gamepro) until 98.

-Shuuchan

B

Bobak!

I think a lot of people have heard of the Neo, its just that they've never seen one "live" before. Everytime someone comes over to my apartment, they quickly overlook the other dozen systems lying around and center in on the Neo (just ask Nick, he's seen how overdone my entertainment center is). Why? Because they remember it as the holy grail system that everyone wanted but no one had. Its a sense of wonder.

The only other system that garners anything close to that much curiosity is my Virtual Boy.

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

[This message has been edited by Bobak! (edited March 12, 2001).]

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
It eventually became the only system played when friends were over, and I have made many a person a fan of the Neo·Geo. Just wish everyone could go out and buy one of their own for constant enjoyment.

S

Silent_Scope

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DEVIL_GUI:
SOUNDS LIKE A LITTLE KID OR A SONY ZEALOT SILENT SCOPE YAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA
VERY ACCURATE!

DEVIL GUI

Not alot of people have seen Neo AES anymore....they all brainwash by Big N, Sega and Sony.....LOL

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DEVIL_GUI:
VERY ACCURATE!

DEVIL GUI

No. Came close, but a warning was sufficient deterrent. Never underestimate the power of Metal Slug 3.
wink.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
lb_shikyohstand.gif