e-mail from BUY RITE

zapr

New Challenger
Hey guys I just got an e-mail from buy rite offering KoF 2000 Jap for $199 - Im on their mailing list. I have never done business with them so I can't actually comment, but reports I have heard are both good and bad. If anyone is still shopping around for this cart it sounds like a good deal.
here is a cut and paste of the e-mail:

De: BUY-RITE VIDEO GAMES <email@buyrite.net> Guardar dirección - Bloquear remitente
Responder a: email@buyrite.net
Para: Rafael Paz <rbpm@hotmail.com> Guardar dirección
Asunto: Re: KoF 2000 inquiry info.
Fecha: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 13:17:33 -0500
Responder Responder a todos Reenviar Eliminar Anterior Siguiente Cerrar

To All Accounts:

SNK NEO CART SPECIAL OFFER

We have just received the last shipment of King of Fighters 2000
from Japan. For all customers this may be the best and last time this
product
will be offered. For a limited time, while supplies last, this New
Incredible Neo Geo Home Cartridge will be available for only

$ 199.99 US

With only a few hundred in stock supplies will not last long.
For all those seriously interested, DON'T DELAY........

For all USA customers see link below for ordering.

http://www.buyrite.net/ssltest2.html

For all international and wholesale customers please contact us with the
subject header:

KING OF FIGHTERS 2000 - 199.99 offer

Thanks

BUY-RITE VIDEO GAMES INC.
3132 calvary dr # 107
Raleigh NC 27604
USA

FAX (919) 875-8237
E-MAIL : Email@buyrite.net
http://www.buyrite.net

once again, I can't vouch for them but you may want to check it out

T

TheDjinn

The price is really good but who knows if you'll actually get the game. I had a bad experience with Buy-Rite, and I would never deal with them again. I would recommend having it sent COD if you decide to get it. Also, good like talking to a human if you call, you have to go through that gay ass answering machine and be put on hold for at least 10 minutes.

------------------
29683206.gif

If you have a decent credit card that you can trust in the event that the deal goes sour, how can you go wrong???

zapr

New Challenger
well - like I said I have never dealt with them myself. I have asked questions but never purchased. The fact is most poeple I know don't give me good references on them but the price is GREAT. I got my KoF off of NCSX -- no risk but much more expensive. It may sound stupid, but I'd rather minimize risk anytime that several hundred dollars are at stake. The COD idea seems the way to go if anyone out there is bold enough to try it.
Just wanted to pass the info along

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Hmm, I never had trouble w/ Buyrite before, so it maybe safe. But then, all the orders were non Neo Geo homecarts. Really great price, but even that's probably not enough to warrent me getting another KOF 2000. But to those who are thinking to either get one, as a trade or make a small profit, that maybe a good idea. But, be warned. Buyrite has a reputation of increasing Neo Geo cart price above their agreed price (in the remote chance of that happening, it will still be way cheaper than like $320 most paid for it initially)...

It would be intersting to know how many people in this forum is going to get a KOF 2000 from Buyrite now.

Yeah, most credit card should be ok. I wouldn't use American Express, though, in the safer side.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I'll try to purchase a copy from Buyrite. I'll have them ship the cart C.O.D. (the safest way) so if they don't deliver, I don't lose out.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

Todd

Galford's Armourer
Ive never had a problem with Buyrite and that is an excellent price. I dont see any reason for anyone not picking the game up for that price!!

------------------
29419128.gif

S

Silent_Scope

Too good to be true.
Well, i've never had any problem with Buyrite.
Master Terry is right. They have a "good" reputation of increasing Neo AES cart price so just be careful.
$199? Sounds like NGF's KOF 2000 US version.

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
So far so good on my order (placed it online). Next to see if the cart actually arrives!

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited March 11, 2001).]

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
I would deffinitely go for this offer. even though the owner of buy rite is an arogant prick, if you make it know thet you will not tollerate fuck ups your order should go fine.make shure to ORDER OVER THE PHONE! and tell them to put some actual bubble wrap in the goddamn box when it ships(those cheap bastards dont put any padding in the box what so ever, so they can save a buck)oh, and make sure you talk to the owner who is the on on the answering machine, dont talk to one of those braindead "sales rep's" that knows absolutely nothing about the neo!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I spoke to BuyRite about my order today. Ironically, the owner answered the
phone! In either case, he assured me that my package shipped this morning along
with a few others. He was very polite and enthusiastic about the KOF 2K price
drop, and had said (and I quote), "Isn't that a great deal? I bet you never thought
you'd find a KOF 2K at that price!". He told me to have a money order ready
because my package should arrive tomorrow. I'll keep everyone informed on the
progress of my order. I never had any 'real' problems ordering from BuyRite (my
orders have always arrived on time), but there is that RB Neo CD incident that
stays affixed in my mind...

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

snkmania

n00b
Is there anything wrong with them?? I got their E-mail too and looks like they've accepted my orders for this KOF'2000 cart. They charged my creditcard yesterday for $ 199.99 + shipping $ 35.00 for outside US. I hope there is no problem with them.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

my last ordeal with buywrong.
i preordered slug 3 2 months prior to release. cod and at a set price.
at the last 2 days of them sending it out they call me up saying that they dont accept cod anymore and that the price is higher.
i preordered from them online, like i did 3 times before..then at the last minute they say no cod,when it clearly stated in the order form cod,and was confirmed by email ..
then they jack up the price 65 more dollars..
so i said to buywrong keep it..
dont deal with them,they suck..besides they ship the carts in almost no protection..
these ppl are almost as bad as ngf...

------------------
samhain.gif

C

Caris Nautilus

Yes buyrite has the worst fcking packers EVER. Every damn game I have ordered from them was just the jewel case with NO padding at all thrown in a priority mail box. I get the box and the games loose and bouncing around.

these people are clueless.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL:
my last ordeal with buywrong.
i preordered slug 3 2 months prior to release. cod and at a set price.
at the last 2 days of them sending it out they call me up saying that they dont accept cod anymore and that the price is higher.
i preordered from them online, like i did 3 times before..then at the last minute they say no cod,when it clearly stated in the order form cod,and was confirmed by email ..
then they jack up the price 65 more dollars..
so i said to buywrong keep it..
dont deal with them,they suck..besides they ship the carts in almost no protection..
these ppl are almost as bad as ngf...

They shipped my package via C.O.D. with no complaints. Of course, BuyRite is
known to change their policies constantly. If my package doesn't arrive for some
reason, then I'm not out anything.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Caris Nautilus:
Yes buyrite has the worst fcking packers EVER. Every damn game I have ordered from them was just the jewel case with NO padding at all thrown in a priority mail box. I get the box and the games loose and bouncing around.

Hmmmm...... if my package arrives (I'm keeping my fingers crossed!) I'll inform everyone about the packaging they used (if any) to keep my merchandise safe.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

Rurouni

Quiz Detective
is Buyrite having some sort of deal with the Freak??? $199,99 sound awfully familiar...
i'm buying one COD... anyway i can tell if this cart is a fake when i got them???

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Caris Nautilus:

...Same fucking thing on the Slug 3 cart: no padding. How hard is it to at least crumple up some freaking newspaper and stuff it in the box? Bunch of jackassess. My first/last/only purchase from those bone heads. Thank GOD it was undamaged.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Yeah. The packaging can be better, but most likely (it's like rolling a dice), your items will come undamaged. Good luck.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rurouni:
is Buyrite having some sort of deal with the Freak??? $199,99 sound awfully familiar...
i'm buying one COD... anyway i can tell if this cart is a fake when i got them???

Simple: the insert and sticker will be in English.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Master Terry Bogard:
Yeah. The packaging can be better, but most likely (it's like rolling a dice), your items will come undamaged. Good luck.

UPS hasn't showed up yet. Hmmmm... why does BuyRite dislike using tracking numbers? Tracking numbers would make things easier on everyone....

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
Actually NeoLord they do have tracking numbers, they give it to you in the email you get. The order confirmation one. If you look at the bottom it says something about how they don't like them, but if you ever need it, that it's blah blah blah. I forget, but it's there, at least in my orders it has been. I've had great experiences with Buyrite and would buy from again, if only I didn't have an import shop near me.

Now if only this deal were for the MVS cart...

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maxim:
Actually NeoLord they do have tracking numbers, they give it to you in the email you get. The order confirmation one. If you look at the bottom it says something about how they don't like them, but if you ever need it, that it's blah blah blah. I forget, but it's there, at least in my orders it has been. I've had great experiences with Buyrite and would buy from again, if only I didn't have an import shop near me.

Now if only this deal were for the MVS cart...

Hmmmmm...... I never received an official confirmation for my order -- just a letter that said, "Its been shipped, thanks!".

This doesn't sound right to me!

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Subject: Re: My King of Fighters 2000 order
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:47:59 -0500
Organization: BUY-RITE VIDEO GAMES
To: Michael Pittaro <neolord@metrocast.net>
References:

Its on the way
thanks

This is all they sent! lol :\

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

S

Silent_Scope

I've dealt with Buyrite for years and I've never seen any confirmation email from Buyrite. Not even a tracking number.......

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?