The Future is Now

ECM

Quiz Detective
Now that I've sucked in all you SNK acolytes with a semi-misleading topic
wink.gif
I just want to let the former fans of GameFan magazine (closet and overt) know that our new venture is starting to roll, officially, as of today.

There should be a press release up at www.gamegomagazine.com later today. And yes, there will be Neo coverage, including what I'd imagine to be the best coverage of Sengoku 2K1 you'll find with coverage of classic Neo titles as well.

Stay tuned to the site for more,
ECM

S

Silent_Scope

I miss GameFan so much.........
I still have the first issue of Gamefan.

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Looking forward to it, ECM. Best of luck!

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

Shawn

snkusa.com
“SNK Acolyte”, that could be a new rank title.

Looking forward to reading the Sengoku 3 review in your upcoming magazine. Thanks for supporting the neo, and it’s great to have a Hollywood celebrity frequent here.

searchingtom

NEST Puppet
Look forward to your new mag ! Keep us up to date on the REAL games - 2D games !

searchingtom

hupplark_39

Kabuki Klasher
ECM, Thank God your getting back in the swing of things. I thought we were all condemed to reading EGM and the other bias Mags forever. I wish you the best of luck and i will support your new venture. Please also cover the old titles of years gone by (impots inc.), cause you did it like no other mag could ever do.
hupplark_39

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Its encouraging to hear that you have a new venture coming soon, ECM. I have to admit that I considered your reviews in Gamefan to be masterpieces, very eloquently written and perfectly capturing my feelings on many different games. I and many others will be looking forward to whatever you have in store for the future . . .
biggrin.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Great. I considered Gamefan and Game Informer (before it was absorbed) to be one of the most hard core magazines around. Looking forward to supporting your new project.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
GameFan was the best Goddamn mag the world has ever known.
-Shuuchan

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
heh
i am a diehard gamefan
till i die!!

------------------
99clark.gif

HEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!!

zapr

New Challenger
Congrats ECM --
hope you and your partners can continue the same high quality you displayed with GameFan. I fully agree with Chimpmeister - your reviews were scary. Many times I read them after I had played a game and I felt someone was reading my mind -- many of the same sensations and feelings I had were expressed in you reviews and I really came to trust them. Good luck dude!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
THIS IS GREAT NEWS you guys were the only ones who could give those bad final fantasy games the scores they deserved and i loved your neo COVERAGE YOU GOT MY SUPPORT!

-LWK-

dragynchylde

Cheng's Errand Boy
I can't wait. Since gamefan closed it's doors I haven't bought a single game mag. None of them are worth my time or money.

D

DigiPunk

Awesome news ECM. I especially loved the graveyard sections in every issue of Gamefan.

Nothing, however, could top

"Tales of the Hardcore"

Keep it up!

------------------
Look for me in PSO as Flank, or Rolf.
rbffs_duckkingstance.gif

Bad Mofo

Neo Geo Cup '98
Am I the only one here that thinks Gamefan was one lousy mag? It might be an American thing, but I don't like paying for a mag that's 150 pages, of which 70 are advertisement for EA-sports games. (All American football and baseball;2 sports the world could do without.)
The rating system sucked major ass; how th ehell can you give a game a rating out of 5 possible ratings?That's generalizing. Oh, the faces along with the ratings where lame as hell. The faces that came along with the grades where clearly aimed at 5-6 year olds; how could you possibly use those in a magazine and expect people to take the reviews seriously? And what was up with those names? Were those a sorry attempt at being funny? We all know that Americans have a bad sense of humour ("The Waterboy",anyone?), and that attempts at humour are best left to the English.

Is there nothing good in the mag at all (IMO)?Yes; you had coverage of the Neo. That alone made me buy several Gamefans. If you could just take that piece of Gamefan and transplant it into something that has no resemblance to the magazine, that would be awesome.

Neo rules,but my Ducati 750S goes faster!

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
What the hell are you talking about? GameFan rates on a 1-100 scale, as in per cent.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
rbcop_ed_209walk.gif

Ukyo

20 Year Member
ECM...I LOVE YOU
smile.gif
I'm going back up to college today,(
frown.gif
My Spring Brake is over)...and Im taking your Metal Slug 3 Quarter Crunchers Review and your INSANE METAL SLUG 2 HOME CART REVIEW!!! FROM THE AUGUST '98 ISSUE!!! (I just like to look at them every once in a while) Just wanted to let you know that its becuase of that MS2 2-Page spread that I own a Neo today
smile.gif

-Ukyo

C

charles

Hey bad mofo.... you sure you weren't reading GamePro? I believe they rated on a 1-5 scale with faces as grades.

Any GameFan reader knows they rate in 1-100 percentages.

Robi15

20 Year Member
Damn, gould somebody explain me this? I mean, I recieved GameFan almost every moth until recently. Are they shot down? Why? I mean, the magazine must have been one of the best in us. Am I wrong? Anyhow, I liked the format and the reviews where fantastic. I think Game Fan still ows me some issues. I had just renewd my one year subscription....

corkysm27.gif

------------------
NEOBIOS.gif

MVS all the way!

Bad Mofo

Neo Geo Cup '98
MAN, do I feel stupid. Yes, I guess it must have been GamePro that I mean. I guess I owe GameFan an apology!

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Robi15:
I think Game Fan still ows me some issues. I had just renewd my one year subscription....

Same here. I had just recently paid for the next couple of years' subscription, then a few months later, I heard they had gone belly-up.
frown.gif
My money is probably lost to the ether, but damn, I do not care as long as we get a real game magazine again printed in the english language.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
"Oh yeah? Look who is talking, Bushido-butt!"
lb_shikyohstand.gif