NitD preorders canceled

Shawn

snkusa.com
Everything sounded good on the phone. I could wire the funds to SNK directly, the release date is only a month away. We agreed on a price and quantity and Chris said he would fax me the contract the next day. That night I requested the following conditions be placed in the agreement. Reasonable requests I think:

These are requirements for the purchase agreement you will be signing then faxing.

Nightmare in the Dark SNK authentic, complete, home carts (AES).

All products will be SNK original with no alteration after being shipped from Japan. The boxes must be sealed, non-tampered. I want virgin boxes. No NGF scribbled on all corners.

Items shipped by Hasbro to their distributors do not get opened at the distributors before being sent to Toys R Us, that is the same treatment I should also get....

This is referring to the sticker issue, you never see distributor stickers on stuff, unprofessional....

I need solid dates for NGF to meet, like NGF will be responsible for issuing a refund if no product is received by June 1st, considering full payment will be made on or before march 20th.

NGF's advertised price must be equal to or higher than Neo-Geo.com's price at all times. I don't see this as a problem.

After all, distributors sell everything at a higher price when dealing with consumers.

Now a few days have passed and not a word from either Chris or Dion! They disappear when I ask legitimate questions. Just like when I asked Arcade for his business wire info and business address, he too vanished for days, after committing to a deal.

Before we made the deal, I had been talking on ICQ consistently with Dion. When I asked to see the contract he had with SNK he paused for a few minutes, then said no can do. Too many inconsistencies.

I have discontinued pre-orders. The controversy surrounding this release is astounding. I received a flood of emails, and all of them questioned NitD’s legitimacy. I was unable to answer the questions with confidence because NGF has not been there to answer my questions.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Too bad it didn't work out, Shawn. At least Cosmicco has the MVS carts for only $245, very cheap for a new release. Couple that with an MVS adapter, and you're all set!
biggrin.gif

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
That just goes to show you that NGF is fake. If they actually had deals with SNK, they would make them public and and not be so shady with them. I think Dion is on crack and I also think that Chris is his dealer.

Bryan -FUCK NGF-

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif
-Long live the Neo-

That is unfortunate. I was hoping for some better news. Oh well, only time will tell.

B

Bobak!

Shawn,

I think you did the right thing. Its too bad that they didn't want to... ever...

I really agree with your comment: "This is referring to the sticker issue, you never see distributor stickers on stuff, unprofessional...."

Bobak!

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
you did the right thing shawn. I woudnt invest in such a large order unless every detail was dealt with proffesionaly either.
I do hope they contact you and things do go well because from what I know they are going to be official (like the kof 2000 carts) its just that SNK is going to put NGF's URL on the back, so I want to get one of these carts from you. OH WELL, just keep us updated on what happens, O.K., take care

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Shawn, how come you posted this on your site BEFORE you closed the deal?

You should know NGF better than that.

I am glad that you posted the details as to why it fell through, though.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
its over

about time

but i know its all goin to surface once more sooner or later...

we never learn,do we?

------------------
29246632.jpg

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

NO ONE EVER LISTENS DO THEY ???
CANT SAY YOU DIDNT ASK FOR THIS CAN YOU?
WHAT A JOKE THAT ANYONE WOULD ACTUALLY BELIEVE THE SHIT ANYWAY!
PATHETIC.

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
Stupid@$$ pion Dion and his bitch Chrissy is at it again. NitD will be $400 in two weeks and $600 next month. FUCveprtygooe!!bmnto[iwwivvvvnoiocvno[iu9u!!!!!!!

NSX-T

S

Silent_Scope

Nothing to say.........
I'm not surprise by this cancellation.

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Shawn,

I do not know why you are unable to work out a deal with SNK yourself. After all It is probably all the money you spent buying NGF inventory that put them with enough money to invest in a cart run in the first place.

It's a moot point for me since now it has been stated that it would have the www.neogeofreak.com on the back which would have made it a NGF NITD NGH regardless of who makes it.

I would not mind a www.neo-geo.com as much. Of course the color would have to be one that SNK picked or one that was decided on. Not one that was forced down our throats.

It would also probably by more of a collector item since it is not filled with as much controversy as NGF. The fact that it had anything to do with NGF makes it worthless to me and I am sure I am not alone.

Well This is more then likely not going to happen so I might as well get my mvs version. I just got the list from Cosmico and they do indeed have it for $245. I was going to place a big order from them anyway. The fact that it is so cheap now leads me to believe it would have been a NGF conversion anyway. I wonder what sengoku 3 will come out at on MVS

Wully

n00b
A question for Shawn...
Do you think NGF carts will ever be able to shake the negative stigma?
I really doubt it.
Dealing in their bogus carts seems like a really shaky business venture for you, Shawn.

Wully

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
Sadly enough, this news is about on par for the "NGF" course. And here I was, actually hoping that some cheap "home system" NitD carts would actually come into fruition...

C

Caris Nautilus

Shawn,

You have to be the most gullible dumbest guy I have ever seen in the neo scene. When will you learn NOT to deal with Dion and NGF?

I guess never. Did you really NOT expect this? It just cracks me up everytime I see you doing ANOTHER deal with them, even after they screwed you so many times.

Oh well it's your own fault for dealing with them, you know the risk...

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
please do not support
ngfusa shawn
all they are trying to
do is make themselves into
something they are not
thanks for cancelling the
preorders its definitely the
right thing to do

I AM NOT A CRUMP!!

Shawn

snkusa.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wully:
A question for Shawn...
Do you think NGF carts will ever be able to shake the negative stigma?
I really doubt it.
Dealing in their bogus carts seems like a really shaky business venture for you, Shawn.

Wully

If anything is for sure, the negativity surrounding NGF is here to stay. The only cure would be if the Internet dies, and we all experience permanent amnesia.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shawn:
NGF's advertised price must be equal to or higher than Neo-Geo.com's price at all times. I don't see this as a problem.

After all, distributors sell everything at a higher price when dealing with consumers.

Since I have stopped taking preorders NGF has retaliated by offering CD stock at obscenely low prices.
http://www.neogeofreak.com
http://www.neogeofreak.com/ngfstock2.htm

Hate to advertise for them, but this just proves my initial concerns. I don’t like the way NGF treats their customers. This is a direct attack upon neo-geo.com and an indirect attack on NCS & Japan Video Games as well. Amazing how every CD is in stock. I find this disturbing because Dion told me that I was buying the remaining new old stock, that nothing was left. Of course, after he received my payment he said he found a few hundred more games, so I was forced to send more money to buy the rest of the remaining stock. The order was not flawless. 7 CD games were missing, and 3 Euro Samurai Shodown II home cart games were missing from the shipment. Their excuse was that they sold them.

Here’s the real kicker. Just a few days ago I noticed that one of the seals was loose on the new carts. I peeled it back and opened the case. There was a NGF sticker on the side of the cart. Just like the game dude stickers. To my dismay, all the seals on the home cart stock had been broken and NGF distribution stickers had been applied. Also, the Japanese Fire Suplex games had use English Manuals. Non of these discrepancies were ever mentioned to me, obviously I would not have been interested if they had been honest. I would take a refund in a heart beat, but they won’t even refund the missing games from my order, no way in hell would they take care of my whole order.

I asked how they would make this up and they said they were not going to. They said I had received a good deal as it was, and that they were throwing those games in anyways, they were never really mine. !!? What? Then we agreed that this would be made up with my next purchase of the NitD. That’s the way it works. Same old situation. Have to place another order to make up for the last one. Yes, I’m a stupid dumbass when it comes to trusting NGF.

Surely SNK would not approve of such behavior from their “official distributor”.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
wtf
even the "new carts"
you got in were freaked?!?!
god
i feel so tired...
how can a company
who is so crooked
be around so long?
doesnt SNK know about this
??
UUGGGGHHH
fuking crumps

------------------
99clark.gif

HEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
NOW ITS TIME TO NOTIFY AUTHORITY TAKE NGF TO COURT AND I MEAN IT SHAWN YOU HAVE A CASE AND I HAVE A PLAN MYSELF

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I would personally like to see Shawn vs Neo Geo Freak on Judge Judy! I would tune in
smile.gif

-Nick

B

Bobak!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nruva:
I would personally like to see Shawn vs Neo Geo Freak on Judge Judy! I would tune in
smile.gif

-Nick

Heck, I saw bring Judge Wopner out of retirement.

B

Bobak!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Big Bruno:
The fact that it had anything to do with NGF makes it worthless to me and I am sure I am not alone.

You are not alone, bro!

ANY CART WITH: "www.neogeofreak.com" STAMPED ON IT IS WORTHLESS!

This thread and the unfortunate amount of other, similar threads, prove that there are many people who agree.

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Well, I am glad to see you will not be getting NITD from NGF, Shawn. They were probably planning on using some of their new "old" stock for the conversions.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
rbcop_ed_209walk.gif

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
A WISE DECISION.......
BUT I FEEL SOMEHOW YOU LIKE TO DRAG YOUR RAGGED BODY THRU GLASS, CUTTING IT UP IN THE MOST FOOLISH OF MANNER, THEN AFTER CRYING, AND SURGERY PSYCHATRISTS ETC, FORGETTING THE LESSON AND SAYING "THE NEXT TIME ILL COMEOUT UNSCAVED......."

EVERYONE HAS BEEN WARNED HAVENT THEY?
DEVIL GUI