Shawn, please...

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
http://www.graffitti-dezignz.dynip.com/vblite/showthread.php3?threadid=124

Shawn, please take a look at that thread and ask yourself, is it worth it? Now that Dion has a place that he can fester, he's obviously going to make it bloody obvious that it is his term... Please, I'm begging you to change it in the Neo store and on this site. Other users have agreed with me about this. I know the term has caught on, and I bet you the main reason it has is because of your store, not because of his site. How hard could it be to change it to NGH? That's the actual term SNK gave it. "AES" is so fucking stupid it makes my eyes hurt whenever I see someone use it. The only reason Dion wants to use it is to make Home Carts sound "bigger" and "better" than MVS carts because he wants to sell his shitty "AES" bootlegs. That fucking term also helps to further push the CD system out of peoples minds... Notice he didn't even mention the CD system, like only 2 Neo Geo formats exist. The CD system is still an SNK system, and I think the longer that term is used, the longer NGF will be alive in people eyes... Please take this into consideration Shawn. I know you're a reasonable guy, and I don't want NGF around any longer than they have to be.

------------------
~~Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
Tempest X000!!!
My Game Trading Zone Page

"A movie doesn't have to be original to be good. It just has to be violent."

Coming Soon: Caper$ ~ The most kick ass crime movie ever.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
I agree with you and I also dislike the term very much!

Also, 'Advanced Entertainment System' appears on the CD system as well, could get confusing!
smile.gif

mouse.gif

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
GOTTA AGREE.......

THE NEO CD SAYS AES ON IT TOO, SO THE TERM WOULD BE KINDA STUPID....

BUT FOR HOME CART NGH WOULD BE STUPID TOO, NEED TO BE LIKE NGHC
wink.gif

1 TOO MANY LETTERS.........LITTLE d WOULDNT KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE PRICE LIST!

DEVIL_GUI

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Eh, how about HC for home cart? I think it's pretty obvious that it's for the Neo Geo because if you use AES JUST for the CD games, MVS JUST for MVS games, and NGPC/NGP JUST for NGPC/NGP games then it's self explanatory.
smile.gif

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DEVIL_GUI:
GOTTA AGREE.......

THE NEO CD SAYS AES ON IT TOO, SO THE TERM WOULD BE KINDA STUPID....

BUT FOR HOME CART NGH WOULD BE STUPID TOO, NEED TO BE LIKE NGHC
wink.gif

1 TOO MANY LETTERS.........LITTLE d WOULDNT KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE PRICE LIST!

DEVIL_GUI

LOL GUI you made a good post there man !!

Shawn

snkusa.com
The neo store has been completely free of the term AES since day one. The only place I use this abbreviation is on the AES Price Guide. That’s it, only one page! Just as my home cart collection has one ngf cart (English KoF 2k), does that freak my whole collection? Honestly, would it sound better to change the price guide to HC Price Guide, or NGH Price Guide? I don’t think so. Besides, I only use AES on one page, and neo-geo.com & neostore.com have many pages.

We don’t have to give credit to dion for the AES. I don’t. I don’t pay him royalties or post credit to him on the price guide. How about STOP giving credit to dion by saying it’s his term! You think the people using AES on ebay think of dion when listing their auction? The only way they would get this idea is if they read your posts about it here or saw dion’s claims that he coined the term on graffitti-dezignz.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shawn:

How about STOP giving credit to dion by saying it’s his term! B]

Shawn's right guys. Give the credit to ME!
smile.gif
j/k

Does it really matter what we call the system? It is just a nickname, NGHC, NGH, AES, Neo Home Cart, whatever. To each his own right? We all know what all of the terms are, does it matter which we use?...no, it is a matter of preference.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I agree 100% with chainsawyak, the AES term is TAINTED and has been so for years. It should be banished from here completely, EVEN in the "AES Price Guide". I hate the term and I also associate it with Dion, we would all do best to do away with it forever.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Right it's just a matter of prefernce to me as well. As Shawn said, it's not like some people think about who came with the term every time they use the word--I don't, and don't really care.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
Sigh. I tried. One last time because I thought Dion's post would bring the same disgust to you as it did me... I guess not. Whatever, you wanna use the term that's fine with me. I realize that me bringing it up keeps the credit on Dion, but that was half the purpose of my original post... Now that he has a place he can fester you can be damn sure he's going to let people know it's "his". And he's not claiming it's his term, he made the goddamn thing, and I was hoping that would be reason enough for you to change it.

------------------
~~Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
Tempest X000!!!
My Game Trading Zone Page

"A movie doesn't have to be original to be good. It just has to be violent."

"Welcome to this shallow Nation... Join us for a narrow mind."