to buy or not to buy

i have a supergun for mvs games, i am pissed howeverthat my svideo isnt even connected to the board, needs wires first of all then sodered(sp) which i dont know how to do, any help on this would be grateful. now my freind wants to sell me his neo geo system for 200, cart system, i was wondering should i buy it, since i already have a supergun, but i cant stand the rgb connection, yuck. should i buy the neo from him for 200, then go buy the mvs converter for 400, just to get good quality visuals, or just stay with my supergun and mvs games with yucky rgb connections? if i know where i can get my svideo hooked up, then i could care less for the home neo, any suggestions?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I'd by the home cart system, anyway it never hurts to have a backup. If your supergun has only composite output (I think thats what you meant, rather than RGB output which is excellent), that would really suck bigtime.

The MVS to home adapter is a good option, big initial outlay but it pays for itself in the long run! And !Arcade!'s adapter is the one to get, by far the best on the market.

so chip u know where i can get my svideo connected back to my board for my supergun? i dont know anything of sodering(sp) wires, i just dont know where to take it to connect the svid port back on my board, any suggestions? and whats with this adapter connection things that convert composite to svid for the supergun?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RaVeNsSpirit4everMore:
so chip u know where i can get my svideo connected back to my board for my supergun? i dont know anything of sodering(sp) wires, i just dont know where to take it to connect the svid port back on my board, any suggestions? and whats with this adapter connection things that convert composite to svid for the supergun?

Well I'm not sure where you live, but Jeff Kurtz (moderator of the Tech Forum, you can reach him at jmkurtz@macola.com) can probably do that work for you, for a reasonable price. If you're overseas (England?) then unfortunately the shipping cost will be kinda high for something as big as a supergun. If thats the case, I'd try to find someone knowledgable in the UK or wherever you live, who can help you with this problem. Good luck!