Capcom Vs SNK 2 ?

searchingtom

NEST Puppet
Now that the Dreamcast is on the rocks, what are Capcom's plans for Capcom Vs SNK 2 ? What platform has Capcom announced this game or there other 2D franchies for ?

Any news ?

seachingtom

S

Silent_Scope

either Playstation 2 or GameCube.
What else do you think?

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
I don't think Capcom has even announced a Capcom vs. SNK 2. During an interview in the official Playstation Magazine, one of Capcom's producers said that they currently have no plans to do anything 2-D on the PS2. Which is probably why you haven't seen the first one pop-up on PS2 yet.

Later,
Jeff

Yoshima

n00b
capcom vs marvel2 whats this all about are they gonna make a new one or what!?! if yes tell me fast at yoshima@hotmail.com!

------------------
ss4_jubeidicepaper.gif

searchingtom

NEST Puppet
Silent_Scope,

I was also thinking X-Box instead of PS2. X-Box looks technically superior including the hard drive.

But which one will handle 2D better. The Saturn did a great job once the 4meg RAM cart was in the slot...

searchingtom

S

Silent_Scope

Well, we haven't seen any 2D fighter on PS 2 yet so it's hard to make any judgement.
I think Capcom will figure it out.
I don't like x'box or any Microsoft relate product unless I see A-rate titles

Capcom did a good job of Street Fighter Alpha 3 on PS so I think Capcom vs SNK 2 will be good also.

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

R

Ryo Sakazaki

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was released on PS2 a while ago; I never played the game myself, but the general idea was it was better than the arcade version.

------------------

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ryo Sakazaki:
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was released on PS2 a while ago; I never played the game myself, but the general idea was it was better than the arcade version.

what are you talking about?
MVC2 only came out
on the dreamcast
the actual game was
naomi based
and was a straight port
to the SEGA dreamcast
there was never a MVC2 on PS2
??
and as
for an capcom vs SNK 2
they announced very soon
afterwards that a 2nd version
was in the works
after the first capcom vs SNK
came out..
ncs as well as magicbox
said it
i will look for it
it was in the past updates

------------------
99clark.gif

HEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!!

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
I'm hopeful that CvS2 will still be a Naomi title. I wouldn't write off new Dreamcast games yet... the DC is currently "dying" rather than "dead". I'm hoping Capcom gets at least some of the 2D shooters out on the Dreamcast, like Dimahoo, Storm of Progear, etc.

IMO, DC will always live on even after it is officially "dead"- it has supplied its share of great titles. It's a pity that Capcom won't do 2D titles on the PS2. Chances are, there'll be something 2D coming up on PS2 even if it's not from Capcom.

gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com

jackal.jpg

C

charles

I agree... the DC will always live on with myself and several friends. The list of good games is insanely long for it's relatively short life.

To have so many excellent games and be less than a year and a half old (domestically) is quite a feat. So much potential... And though Sega has sworn to support it for the next year, I somehow doubt this will happen.

For myself though, they could stop releasing games on DC today and it would still be worth having. I'll never trade mine in for newer games.. in fact, I plan to buy a backup machine soon since the DC doesn't seem to be as hardy as the Saturn was
frown.gif

Viva la DC!

FUUMA

Marked Wolf
Let's hope it garners a following like the Neo. What a shame a system with such awesome 2D and 3D capabilites is just about gone from the mainstream. It was well worth the purchase and really showed everyone the fun of gaming once again. It seems like thee systems that devote a strong following to arcade titles don't last too long.

S

Silent_Scope

DC is awesome, let me tell you.
If Sega stops making DC games, who cares?
I have lots US/JPN games so I dont' really worry about it. Plus you can listen MP3 and rumors say that you can watch VCD, play SNES emulation games on it......
biggrin.gif

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
I have to agree that the DC is a damn good system. I was planning on getting a PS2 but I have decided to hold off on that and buy some more DC games. I have been snapping up a lot of imports lately. My copy of Sakura Taisen 2 will be here Friday!

Later,
Jeff

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
For all the cool dc emulation, mp3 and video players... etc, etc check out
http://www.dcemulation.com

There is even a very good Neo Geo Pocket emulator there! Very fun to relive some Neo Pocket fun on the machine, I am very said that the pocket was retired so soon, I had very high hopes for it. Oh well,

-Nick