Recent issues addressed.

Shawn

snkusa.com
The top 5 hot threads pertain to the recent Metal Slug auction on ebay. Some of the posts within these threads lay blame to neo-geo.com. I have decided to address some of the accusatory posts here instead.

Try thinking before you speak. This seems to be a serious problem, especially in LWK’s MS thread. Look how far that thread has degenerated. It’s nothing more than a groundless personal attack. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/001358.html Blaming me for the high value of home carts. If I find this ironic, because LWK purchases from the neo store behind the scenes and has the nerves to call me two faced. It’s not just LWK that surprises me. Caris, you come to mind as well. You have emailed what, 10 times in the paste few weeks? I can’t think of a single email that was rude or showed any disrespect, mainly because you wanted something. An avatar change, a thread deleted, or status on the server downtime. Yet here in on the forums you act like I’m public enemy #1.

I’m not sure if I should take all of this as criticism or a compliment, I’m almost flattered. Flattered because I have been falsely awarded full credit for something I have minute control over. Fact is, prices continue to increase whether you like it or not. As I said before, you can complain until you are blue in the face all you like. The only way you will have any impact on the market is if you are buying and selling. If you are standing on the sidelines not participating in the action/auction, your role is insignificant. If anything, your complaining promotes the games, thus increasing the prices. The kicker to this whole metal slug drama originated here on the forums. I was not searching ebay looking for rare games, but even if I was, how wrong would that be? Truth is, I first heard about the slug in this thread: http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/001325.html

Saying that I use the price guide to generate money is a poor accusation. My prices of rare home carts are generally higher than the high value of the guide. Don’t you think it would be to my benefit to make the prices in the guide greater than my store prices? Thus creating a false sense of a bargain? The guide was around well before my original cart sale page, which eventually evolved into today’s neo store. The price guide is made as accurate as possible without bias to the neo store. In fact neostore.com and neo-geo.com are two different sites, in case you didn’t know. The guide is very realistic and benefits many. If anything, the prices of the guide are too low. Home carts tend to increase in value, not depreciate, this is common knowledge.

It’s a guide, that’s all. Most people read it and use it accordingly, as a guide. Furthermore, Ebay prices are the real world, it’s real as real world gets. You list an item on an open global market, I shouldn’t have to explain this. Ebay’s ended prices are a part of my final decision in determining current market values in the price guide. However, this is only one of many factors. There are also my personal experiences, the selling and wanted forum, and the constant email/icq suggestions I receive. Instead of constantly criticizing and trying to blame, why not contribute for a change?

If you think I was bidding on the Slug for the sole purpose of selling, you are mistaken. For those of you who did not know, I am a collector, and when I see a rare game in pristine condition, my interest is aroused. There is always a chance that I may find a better condition insert, manual, or cart.

Quite a shame that some of the members here went so far as to email me about my choice to bid on the Slug auction, as if I had no right to do so. I’m going to share this email with you, but I will leave it up to the sender to reveal himself, he is a member of the forums, also publicly complaining about ebay prices. I have displayed the email word for word:

“Shawn, I understand that you have a business to run and such. But, buying every game on ebay especially the rarer carts like metal slug, just sorta pisses me off!!! I cant get intoa bidding war with you, and of course if you win, I cant afford to purchase it from you for like 1500. So, how are people supposed to enjoy the NEO GEO, when, they can't afford it. This just sorta sucks in my opnion. Especially since I have spent alot of money on your stuff, and now, just when I was maybe gonna try to get back into the home scene, and thinking I might get a good deal on a game, this.”

But you know what? Would you like to know the real significance to this attack, the blind loathing involved? Do you have any idea how long it has been since I have purchased any neo-geo items off of ebay for myself or my store? It was nearly 8 months ago, no joke! Well before the neo store even existed actually. Here it is:

Item Title : Neo Geo Home Last Blade 2, Metal Slug 3, MoTW (Item# 426811783)
Final Price : $1,125.00
Auction Ended At : Sep-04-00 09:24:21 PDT

Prior to the MS auction, ebay prices have experienced zero direct influence from me post September 4th. These are my personal choices, something I don’t have to share, but are obviously followed very closely. If I choose to bid publicly on ebay, I have every right to do so.

I have valuable advice for certain members who stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the laws of supply & demand, and those who would rather complain pessimistically than post constructively. There is another neo-geo bbs made available specifically for you! Have you noticed that there are far less trash posts on the forums lately? Have you wondered why that is? Notice how Drunken Shaolin Devil (Samhain) and Lord Illicious have been absent? This is because they mod their very own forums now. Here is a direct link for you:
http://www.graffitti-dezignz.dynip.com/vblite/index.php3

I did not pay good money to support senseless bickering. I purchased additional disk space and bandwidth with the intention of having positive and productive discussions.

J

j.pusczek

I will more than gladly reveal myself Shawn. That email was sent by me. And, after you made it clear to me your intentions, I was put a little to ease, knowing it was going to your home cart collection, not you buying it, and turning around and trying to sell it for more.
Now, you make it sound like I was crucifying your for your actions. This was not the case, my email to you, was just letting you know how I felt, it was no attack, no name calling, and no loathing.
I just find it now that the home scene has blow up extremely fast, and gettin a good deal on these games is getting tougher and tougher.
As far as me making comments on ms1 and the ebay auction, I kept reiterating for people to be patient, not impulse buy, as I am sure this person was doing.
Well, I have said what I have to say, and I would just like to say, sometimes, things are better left unsaid, but if you like to air dirty laundry on these boards, then that is your business.
I was under the assumption when contacting you, talking to you, it would stay between us. Apparently not, but if that is they way you are so be it, I have said my peace.

JP

------------------
ng_neogeoball.gif

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Maybe he needs 100 copies. It's irrelevant, and nobody's business but his.

Shawn

snkusa.com
j.pusczek, your email identity was left completely anonymous. I did not reveal our conversation to anyone, nor did I ever plan to. As I clearly stated above, this was up to the sender’s discretion, not mine.

baller99, I like to have two Metal Slugs, just as all other officially released home carts. One Japanese and one English version.

baller99

Banned
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shawn:
j.pusczek, your email identity was left completely anonymous. I did not reveal our conversation to anyone, nor did I ever plan to. As I clearly stated above, this was up to the sender’s discretion, not mine.

baller99, I like to have two Metal Slugs, just as all other officially released home carts. One Japanese and one English version.

Im gonna cool down on this issue, but i am still sickened by how exclusive neo gaming has gone.

Peter

J

j.pusczek

I know it was left ananymous, you said I will leave it to the sender to reveal himself, and I did, I just dont understand why am I the example?? Because I asked you some legit questions, to me they where anyways. Or because I made some statements to you, I revealed myself on my own, no reason to hide. I just understand, WHY you posted my email?? To get your point across?? To show how uniformed I am?? I just dont understand......I see no real reason for it to be there. Now dont take this as me being pissed because I am not, just confused thats all.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Your email included many of the same complaints that I found recently in the news & rumors forum. You also came to mind when I read your post in LWK’s MS gripe thread.

But, buying every game on ebay especially the rarer carts like metal slug, just sorta pisses me off!!!
This is a false accusation. I’m not buying up all the games on ebay. I haven’t bought one for my self or the store since September 4th.

I cant afford to purchase it from you for like 1500
The highest I have ever priced a metal slug on the neo store would be in the 1200’s. Besides, Caris says that prices in Japan are dirt-cheap. Maybe he can find you a reasonably priced U.S. Slug the next time he goes to Japan.

So, how are people supposed to enjoy the NEO GEO, when, they can't afford it.
It is not mandatory to afford a U.S. Metal Slug in order to enjoy the Neo-Geo. We are talking about the most expensive home cart to hit ebay. I don’t even consider metal slug all that rare, just exceptionally expensive.

I have spent alot of money on your stuff, and now, just when I was maybe gonna try to get back into the home scene, and thinking I might get a good deal on a game
You can look at it this way, if you choose. I have not caused any permanent damage, considering that I did not win the MS auction. In fact, I was only the 3rd highest bidder. I definitely value all the deals we have made over the last year. I want you to be happy, and it would be great to see you back into home carts.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I have valuable advice for certain members who stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the laws of supply & demand, and those who would rather complain pessimistically than post constructively. There is another neo-geo bbs made available specifically for you! Have you noticed that there are far less trash posts on the forums lately? Have you wondered why that is? Notice how Drunken Shaolin Devil (Samhain) and Lord Illicious have been absent? This is because they mod their very own forums now. Here is a direct link for you: http://www.graffitti-dezignz.dynip.com/vblite/index.php3

Just a note. The forums indicated by Shawn are not property of Samhain and Lord Illicious, but rather of NeoLord. The final say on what happens there is his. The site is fairly new, and still developing, but I invite people to check it out for themselves. I am not saying to abandon Shawn's site and head over there exclusively, but different settings engender different conversation, and growth and competition in the Neo scene need not be a negative thing. I plan to frequent both sites, and I do not see anything changing that.
smile.gif

Shawn, I invite you to come on over as well, and check the place out. No doubt it will experience similar growing pains as your site has.
wink.gif
For once, you will not have to be the one putting out fires, though.
tongue.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

Coming To Theatres This Summer: Chimps Packing Heat: The Movie
pm_segalogo.gif

I should have read the post in the war room b4 i picked my nick ,,,
that wasnt me that posted that anon post
anyway ,,,im too lazy to re-register
Just wanted to say thanks to you shawn for the extra disk space and the bandwidth ,, keep up the good work
smile.gif

and i agree with you on your key points.
I dont understand why poeple get soo upset
at seeing another with the resources to make the purchase ,,, its just game cart ,,and if im not wrong arent you selling a conversion at a fraction of what that aution went for ?
Arent they essentially the same in gameplay ?
plus ms for mvs is dirt cheap , and if most peeps cant do mvs or have little space ,,isnt a super nova - one slot - ms mvs cart combo cheaper then a coonverted ms ?
well any way i enjoy browsing your site - its awsome and i enjoy reading this board ,,,
btw i did enter the bidding war too ,,and for the record i dont think its worth that much as an investement , i didnt use your guide as a plan to set my bids cause it listed as 1200 or so ,, i just watched what the current bid was and tried to top it in the auction spirit ,,,after all ebay is an auction house and not a store ,,,
Enough of all that - im getting off point ,,just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for your store - site - forum and all your hard work and time ,,
smile.gif

Cheers

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I admit i buy from you and the service is damn good, but the only stuff i buy is official carts thats it. I never attacked you in the thread i was stating my opinions.
This I consider and attack on me. Caris and you may have issues but I dont and am sick for attoning for them. If you think im two faced then why did you do all those deals with dion, to say you would do no more, readily lieing to us. Its amazing, how many issues arise in one week. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST YOU, I THINK 1300 FOR A GAME IS MIND BENDING CRAZY! I also have a great conception on who is ruining the neo market.And im not apoligizing for having and opinion, its ok to defend yourself but now you have got me a load of enemies, thanks.
WHY NOT ADDRESS HOW MANY DEALS YOU MADE WITH DION ONLY TO GET SCREWED OVER AND OVER.

------------------
32667251.jpg

We all take life for granted.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
The top 5 hot threads pertain to the recent Metal Slug auction on ebay. Some of the posts within these threads lay blame to neo-geo.com. I have decided to address some of the accusatory posts here instead.

Try thinking before you speak. This seems to be a serious problem, especially in LWK’s MS thread. Look how far that thread has degenerated. It’s nothing more than a groundless personal attack. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/001358.html Blaming me for the high value of home carts. If I find this ironic, because LWK purchases from the neo store behind the scenes and has the nerves to call me two faced. It’s not just LWK that surprises me. Caris, you come to mind as well. You have emailed what, 10 times in the paste few weeks? I can’t think of a single email that was rude or showed any disrespect, mainly because you wanted something. An avatar change, a thread deleted, or status on the server downtime. Yet here in on the forums you act like I’m public enemy #1.

I’m not sure if I should take all of this as criticism or a compliment, I’m almost flattered. Flattered because I have been falsely awarded full credit for something I have minute control over. Fact is, prices continue to increase whether you like it or not. As I said before, you can complain until you are blue in the face all you like. The only way you will have any impact on the market is if you are buying and selling. If you are standing on the sidelines not participating in the action/auction, your role is insignificant. If anything, your complaining promotes the games, thus increasing the prices. The kicker to this whole metal slug drama originated here on the forums. I was not searching ebay looking for rare games, but even if I was, how wrong would that be? Truth is, I first heard about the slug in this thread: http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/001325.html

Saying that I use the price guide to generate money is a poor accusation. My prices of rare home carts are generally higher than the high value of the guide. Don’t you think it would be to my benefit to make the prices in the guide greater than my store prices? Thus creating a false sense of a bargain? The guide was around well before my original cart sale page, which eventually evolved into today’s neo store. The price guide is made as accurate as possible without bias to the neo store. In fact neostore.com and neo-geo.com are two different sites, in case you didn’t know. The guide is very realistic and benefits many. If anything, the prices of the guide are too low. Home carts tend to increase in value, not depreciate, this is common knowledge.

It’s a guide, that’s all. Most people read it and use it accordingly, as a guide. Furthermore, Ebay prices are the real world, it’s real as real world gets. You list an item on an open global market, I shouldn’t have to explain this. Ebay’s ended prices are a part of my final decision in determining current market values in the price guide. However, this is only one of many factors. There are also my personal experiences, the selling and wanted forum, and the constant email/icq suggestions I receive. Instead of constantly criticizing and trying to blame, why not contribute for a change?

If you think I was bidding on the Slug for the sole purpose of selling, you are mistaken. For those of you who did not know, I am a collector, and when I see a rare game in pristine condition, my interest is aroused. There is always a chance that I may find a better condition insert, manual, or cart.

Quite a shame that some of the members here went so far as to email me about my choice to bid on the Slug auction, as if I had no right to do so. I’m going to share this email with you, but I will leave it up to the sender to reveal himself, he is a member of the forums, also publicly complaining about ebay prices. I have displayed the email word for word:

“Shawn, I understand that you have a business to run and such. But, buying every game on ebay especially the rarer carts like metal slug, just sorta pisses me off!!! I cant get intoa bidding war with you, and of course if you win, I cant afford to purchase it from you for like 1500. So, how are people supposed to enjoy the NEO GEO, when, they can't afford it. This just sorta sucks in my opnion. Especially since I have spent alot of money on your stuff, and now, just when I was maybe gonna try to get back into the home scene, and thinking I might get a good deal on a game, this.”

But you know what? Would you like to know the real significance to this attack, the blind loathing involved? Do you have any idea how long it has been since I have purchased any neo-geo items off of ebay for myself or my store? It was nearly 8 months ago, no joke! Well before the neo store even existed actually. Here it is:

Item Title : Neo Geo Home Last Blade 2, Metal Slug 3, MoTW (Item# 426811783)
Final Price : $1,125.00
Auction Ended At : Sep-04-00 09:24:21 PDT

Prior to the MS auction, ebay prices have experienced zero direct influence from me post September 4th. These are my personal choices, something I don’t have to share, but are obviously followed very closely. If I choose to bid publicly on ebay, I have every right to do so.

I have valuable advice for certain members who stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the laws of supply & demand, and those who would rather complain pessimistically than post constructively. There is another neo-geo bbs made available specifically for you! Have you noticed that there are far less trash posts on the forums lately? Have you wondered why that is? Notice how Drunken Shaolin Devil (Samhain) and Lord Illicious have been absent? This is because they mod their very own forums now. Here is a direct link for you:
http://www.graffitti-dezignz.dynip.com/vblite/index.php3

I did not pay good money to support senseless bickering. I purchased additional disk space and bandwidth with the intention of having positive and productive discussions.

Ok then i want to see exactly where i said you were two faced.
If that is true where is the proof.

B

Bobak!

rolleyes.gif
-YAWN-
rolleyes.gif

Everyone in favor of this issue being dropped, please raise their hand...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
"I have valuable advice for certain members who stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the laws of supply & demand, and those who would rather complain pessimistically than post constructively. There is another neo-geo bbs made available specifically for you! Have you noticed that there are far less trash posts on the forums lately? Have you wondered why that is? Notice how Drunken Shaolin Devil (Samhain) and Lord Illicious have been absent? This is because they mod their very own forums now. Here is a direct link for you:"
So your attacking Neolords forums, pretty childish..

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
He's not attacking, he's simply giving people an alternative. People bitch and moan about the great evil overlord Shawn and his recent big evil deed of bidding on alot of money on a metal slug cart (oh dear!), so this is an alternative for those people who hate shawn and this bbs to have somewhere else to post.

Personally, I like everyone getting along, discussing neo things and of course having a good time while doing it, but if people just want to bitch and complain, then wtf, just leave.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Bobak..."I."

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Up goes my digital hand, as well. I think people are blowing this out of proportion.

Spike

------------------
scan17.jpg

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I vote "Aye" as well. Remind me to never talk about how much I have spent on some of the firearms in my collection on this site.
tongue.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

pm_segalogo.gif

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
Count me in, Bobak... Sorry, but I don't like wars...

------------------
I maybe a hot blooded student... but I'm one hell of a fighter!!! -Batsu

Akurai Yurusan! HAH!!- Kim Kaphwan

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
For those that complain about someone that spends their own money for an item they might desire to have personal ownership of, that might even consider it ridiculous to spend over $1,000.00 on a video game, consider this. There are collections out there of every type. People collect bottle caps, Beanie Babies, hub caps, Tiffany Lamps, and various assorted items. The thing is, the majority of those items do not have the entertainment value of a Metal Slug cartridge. You can sit and look at your Tiffany Lamp (While hoping some rowdy house guest does not knock it off the table), or let your Beanie Baby sit in a closet and get mildewed, since playing with it would devalue it. If I were going to spend a large amount of money on one of the above items, I would choose a Metal Slug cartridge, simply for the entertainment value.

Take a look at the following link: http://www.auctionwatch.com/awdaily/dailynews/january00/1-010600.html

They are going to be auctioning off a stamp collection, estimated to be worth approximately $2,500,000.00. For stamps. Little pieces of paper that you stick on envelopes so you can mail the bloody things. This seems far more ludicrous to me than spending money on a video game cartridge. What can you do with stamps? You can look at them and...uh...look at them some more.
wink.gif

Basically, people will always bid what they feel they can afford, for an item that they want. Who are we to bitch at them? They are spending their own money. If someone wants to blow $5,000.00 on a fricking stuffed animal with a heart shaped tag that was made by prisoner labour in China, then so be it. Markets of various types rise and fall, and what is worth $1,000.00 today can be worthless tomorrow. People DO still have the right to spend their own money as they see fit. So let them.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

pm_segalogo.gif

[This message has been edited by BioMotor_Unitron (edited April 30, 2001).]

S

Silent_Scope

I agree to drop this issue as well, but not the "new neo site" one. Seems like Shawn doesn't "like" the new neo site. Maybe everyone needs to think before make any post. Shawn's site has over 1000 members so he doesnt' care lose 10 or 100 members......:<
I just feel bad that Shawn makes that comment.

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Goemon and Yae to stand a chance"
fetch.dll

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
I agree to drop this issue as well, but not the "new neo site" one. Seems like Shawn doesn't "like" the new neo site. Maybe everyone needs to think before make any post. Shawn's site has over 1000 members so he doesnt' care lose 10 or 100 members......:<
I just feel bad that Shawn makes that comment.

Sorry to drag this thread off topic, but who is to say Shawn will be "losing members?" I browse both sites. Is there a Cold War going on between these two sites, that once you "defect," you can never return? I guess this makes me a double-agent. Get a grip, people!

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

pm_segalogo.gif