Illegal use of Mai.......

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Don't know if anyone heard of this yet. Ripped from Gaming Age:

Playmore Corporation, best known for holding all rights to former SNK properties, charged Aruze Corporation with two criminal actions today. Aruze Corp. bought out SNK shortly before the company went under, and used the company's trademark properties on pachinko machines in Japan. After SNK declared bankruptcy, Playmore successfully bid and received the intellectual property rights of the company.
The criminal actions allege copyright infringement on the "Ire-gui" pachinko slot machine, which shows the inscription "SNK 2001" and features SNK fighting game characters Terry Bogard and Mai Shiranui. Playmore claims the continuous sale of Ire-gui infringes on the company's copyrights.

Playmore has also filed criminal action for trademark infringement on the title "Crazy Racer". The filing alleges that Aruze continuously sells a pachinko slot machine named "Crazy Racer R" and has been selling Aruze Kingdom 6 for PS2, a game that features the game Crazy Racer as an option.

Playmore has already filed five civil actions against Aruze Corporation. The company demands compensation of 6.2 billion yen for damages in trademark and copyright infringement.

Jeff

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
God, I hope the get that money. Use it to hire back some of the old staff and get KOFk3 on to a good start.

Aruze was the worst thing ever. And it's actig like a wound that wont heal now.

Parallax Abstraction

King's Dry Cleaner
I hope that Playmore will succeed in this action. Aruze drained SNK of what little they had left and left them to die while they stole their properties to slap on their own products. They should fry for that.

snkool

Camel Slug
I may be misinformed, but didn't Playmore buy the SNK rights from Aruze? I know Aruze are bastards, but isn't this like biting the hand that feeds you?

Hopefully this is revenge for all the crap Aruze did to SNK.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i wish i had one of those pachinko machines that'd make a great collectors item.

K hunter

Kula's Candy
snkool:
I may be misinformed, but didn't Playmore buy the SNK rights from Aruze? I know Aruze are bastards, but isn't this like biting the hand that feeds you?

Hopefully this is revenge for all the crap Aruze did to SNK.
no, they didnt... the SNK IPs were auctioned off after SNK closed. Playmore was the company that had the most sucessful bid.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I illegally use Mai in my mind at night... oh shit, playmore reads this stuff... I mean, nahhh, sue those bastards!!!! Unless they make V-Liner 2 featuring Mai drool_2

-Nick

X-death

Raiden's Valet
nruva I illegally use Mai in my mind at night... oh shit, playmore reads this stuff... I mean, nahhh, sue those bastards!!!! Unless they make V-Liner 2 featuring Mai [[Drool 2]]

-Nick
Playmore sucks. I wish SNK would become a company again.

mog

Bead Banger
X-death:
nruva I illegally use Mai in my mind at night... oh shit, playmore reads this stuff... I mean, nahhh, sue those bastards!!!! Unless they make V-Liner 2 featuring Mai [[Drool 2]]

-Nick
Playmore sucks. I wish SNK would become a company again.
That must be why SNK went down the tubes, and Playmore is still making their games!

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
I could think of some ways I would like to illegaly use MAI.

drool

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Hey hey, Playmore seems to be doing just fine right now, games actually are coming out at a fairly even pace, they're putting an elbow into cracking down bootleggers, and now they even established a MVS distribution real proper like in US again and resurrected SNK Neo Geo USA, what's not to like? They don't seem to suck at all. It is true I'd like to see them support the Neo Geo Pocket Color again, but that's just pipe dreams right now since every company is pushing the technology envelope without pushing the quality games. Ah well.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I was around back when SNK went under (just in the pocket scene at the time) and it wasn't like SNK was in really bad shape and then aruze came and abused them. At the time it was presented like this: Aruze did a hostile takeover of SNK about 3 months before anything happened. I remember people saying things like "Aruze worries me, I hope they don't do anything....etc" Then Tree months (or so) later, Aruze dictated that Snk Had to shut down all offices except the Japanese ones. Snk was doing alright with the pocket and at that years E3 show they had all kinds of cool stuff bieng shown. Aruze shut down all the foriegn parts of the company rather quickly I hear, that most employees had no idea it was coming. In Europe, I've been told the only reason Evolution ever came out was because the employees saw that they were closing and just shipped what they had. The evolution bit sounds fishy, but I'm near dead positive on the bit about aruze bieng 99% why the old SNK isn't with us today.

MarrymeMai

Frenzy Football Player
I'm somewhat in the market for a Japanese slot machine, but 99% of the stuff I see that's not on eBay is Aruze shit, which I'd never, ever own. angry

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Talk about being anal, just be glad the neo is still around today. Its quite a novelty to see a 13 year old system still get new releases at home and at the arcade.

John

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Three things:

1) When I saw this, I thought "10-yard penalty." :D

2) Good for Playmore. That'll teach those vultures.

3) That said, Playmore better be careful. From what I've heard, Aruze has some powerful friends... frown

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
yagamikun:
Talk about being anal, just be glad the neo is still around today. Its quite a novelty to see a 13 year old system still get new releases at home and at the arcade.
That's what I wanted to hear and I fully agree. We all can be lucky about the continuous support of new games for the Neo (except for the NGPC crying ). But i think this is a result of uncontinuous arcade support, I mean new Arcade Games that could have improved the Neo-feeling (or MVS wink ) don't really exist (for me). Maybe because of the own SNK-typical Neo-flair the system will survive (I hope so).
I'm now too stoned to write more glee
Maybe later ...

PEACE :D

Ken

New Challenger
The Best I Can Think About Is Continue Collecting Enjoy The Neo-Geo And If Aruze Gets Really Pissy About The Neo Thats When We Come Into Play I Know Theres Not As Many SNK Fans As there Are Playstation Fans But The Fans Do Count In Keeping The System Alive So Keep Faith And Belive In The Neo The Neo Is With Us Always So Lets Be With THe Neo Always Till THe Bitter End!

I'm Done..... :D

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Playmore suck?? Well gaming wise I cant say that .
KOF2002 was a tremendous achievement. If people say they suck now, just imagine what they would say if they had really made a bad KOF game

Ken

New Challenger
rugal2000:
Playmore suck?? Well gaming wise I cant say that .
KOF2002 was a tremendous achievement. If people say they suck now, just imagine what they would say if they had really made a bad KOF game
You Have A Great Point!
You Are A Very Intellagent Man....
Now I Just Think This Or These "Persons" Don't Understand That Just As Long As There Like SNK And They Keep With A Good Story The KOf's Are Great! I Must Admit 2k2' Was Very Well Done And Addictive