New Updates At Playmore's Homepage- KOF '02 For DC Info Released

I've already heard quite a lot about the upcoming games and stuff, but until I see it on Playmore's OFFICIAL release schedule, I refuse to believe anything else. Anyways, preview screenshots can be seen here:

<a href="http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/consumer/dc.html#kof2002" target="_blank">http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/consumer/dc.html#kof2002</a>

I already checked Playmore's official schedule, and so far, there's no official release date for KOF '02 for Dreamcast (nor are there ones for KOF '01 PS2 and Metal Slug GBA; there isn't even an entry for SNK VS. Capcom for the GBA).

I noticed a blank spot placed in the character select screen for KOF '02 (see the screenshots). Here are my guesses as to what might be in it (in lew of the removed timer):

What It SHOULD Be: King, Shingo, and Jhun ('nuff said!)
What It WILL Be: Kusanagi, Rugal, Random Select (lousy cheap Playmore bastards!)

... and that's it for now. Odd that they're releasing screenshots this early. Any guesses as to what the extras might be? (I already made a thread as to what should/will/might be in the KOF 2002 DC port; use the search engine to dig it up).

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
this port will sell me on the AES cart.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
Cool.At least there are some screenshots of the game running on the DC.I doubt Playmore would bring back those missing characters though.I also hope they do a perfect port this time round.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Nice. I need to start getting some more KOF games on DC, and this one would be a good place to start. buttrock

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have yet to play this game.

can any one tell me if it will be worth the 50 dollars??

If so, I'll pick it up. be nice to have yet another new DC game.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
w00t!

Can't WAIT for this port. No doubt playmoer will put in some fun new modes, the 2 puzzle modes on KOf 2k and 2k1 for DC are both very fun and welcome, as well as the art galleries.

I hope that they put us some good cover art this time round, and an arrnaged soundtrack like the one in KOF2k for DC would be great.

Devil_Gans:
Cool.At least there are some screenshots of the game running on the DC.I doubt Playmore would bring back those missing characters though.I also hope they do a perfect port this time round.
I concur. I hope this time, Playmore gets the KOF '02 port done right (although they did come fairly close with the KOF '01 port). And hey, if SNK put Cham-Cham in its' PSX port of Samurai Shodown IV, and extra strikers in KOF '99 Evolution, then why should I not believe the possibility (albeit an incredibly small one) that King and/or Shingo will be in it? It could be Playmore's way of saying "thanks" to all the KOF fans (after saying "HA HA! We get to play Hometown Favorites with the KOF roster!" like they did with KOF '02).

I'm not giving up hope on seeing King and/or Shingo in KOF '02 until the PS2 port is released. Until then, I'm going to continue flooding Playmore's mailbox with requests to put King and Shingo in there until they either give in, change addresses, or send me a cease-and-desist order.