Showdown at Metal Slug auction.

E

eldios10

Well there is about 15 min left, someone has outbid Shawn, and its up to 1236.....watch Dion's snipe with 5 sec left. Enjoy the show.

Laserblast

Hardened Shock Trooper
You know it would be funny if it was just this Metal Slug auction, but this kind of lunacy happens with just about every rare Neo Geo home cart EBITCH auction I have seen lately.
frown.gif

C

Chubby Groundhog

The showdown is awesome....I think I'll bid! I could use a negative feedback! LOL
smile.gif

J

j.pusczek

Yep, I just posted it on the ms post, and this crap is getting rediculous, this is the reason why home carts are going for such outrageous amounts. Like a great jedi master once said to Luke, "you will learn patience"..... that is what all these people need to do.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Does this make Metal Slug the most expensive home video game unit ever?

------------------

30715870.jpg

Late on the whole Neo Geo thing.

Laserblast

Hardened Shock Trooper
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rade Kuruc:
Does this make Metal Slug the most expensive home video game unit ever?

No Battlesphere Atari Jaguar #1 went for $1,575.00 on EBAY but that was for charity.................

E

eldios10

It's over it's over. Roadwarrior took it for the low price of $1393...there goes his kids' college fund
frown.gif

Laserblast

Hardened Shock Trooper
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chubby Groundhog:
WTF is Battlesphere? Educate me!

Go here: http://www.battleshere.com
It's the BEST Jaguar game ever made and a technical masterpiece. Networkable space combat like Star Raiders with great AI, music, and graphics out of the Jaguar's league. Published independently with all profits going to Diabetes reseach. I am hoping for a third printing so I can get a couple!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Laserblast (edited April 29, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Laserblast (edited April 29, 2001).]

Laserblast

Hardened Shock Trooper
Chip prices have shot up and Scatalogic said the won't re-release it if it will cost over $70. Now I believe it would cost them over $100 to make it, so I watch and wait.
frown.gif
I have not seen it on EBAY either. If you have the time try the music links, the music is AMAZING and I think the composer said she is considering a CD based on the game music. Battlesphere is the Jag equivalent of a Metal Slug, Pulstar, Mark of the Wolves, ie: a true Masterpiece!
biggrin.gif

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
In addition, another programmer Carl Forhan also develops and publishs Atari Jaguar games, his company is called Songbird Production

http://songbird.atari.net/

I have met him in person with a lot of respect for him (he lives in the same town as I do), he made 4 games around 1999-2000 period.

Laserblast

Hardened Shock Trooper
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vincewy:
In addition, another programmer Carl Forhan also develops and publishs Atari Jaguar games, his company is called Songbird Production

http://songbird.atari.net/

I have met him in person with a lot of respect for him (he lives in the same town as I do), he made 4 games around 1999-2000 period.

Cool, I bought Skyhammer and Protector from them!
biggrin.gif

C

Chubby Groundhog

Laserblast: Thanks for shedding some light on something I never knew
smile.gif
Very useful...I have a goal now! I'll pay $1,500 for it!