GAMEING MAG A WAST OF MONEY

chuckclown

Banned
DO YOU THINK GAMEING MAGS ARE A WAST OF MONEY. BECAUSE MY HOMEIE SAID IT IS MORE ADS THAN INFO. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
Sometimes they are more ads than info, and sometimes the info can be amazing. I have to say the current EGM is lacking any interest for me. Oh well, next month...

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The problem with mags is that they no longer contain any surprises. It is all on the internet now. Why should any one get excited about buying a new mag when you can go on the net to any website and get the latest news and reviews free.

Although, EGM does suck hard now. Ever since Ed Semrad and Steve Harris left, it has been a wasteland in thet mag. Although it was cool getting the XBOX issue of EGM early in Canada. Otherwise, the reviewers of today have no heart.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
This is news or rumors? LOL.. in any case, magazines nowadays suck. Partly to me because

A. the net exists
and
Two. I'm not interested in any of the current systems

H

homeslice61886

The only editor i like is a guy at the magazine expert gamer.His name is Kenneth Miller.He has a Homecart system and a six slot mvs.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Rade....... hell yeah EGM sucks nowadays! Shit yeah they suck!

When Ed and Steve left, it was all downhill. Then Sushi X disappear..... then one of my favorites, Kelly Rickards disappear, then DAN HSU!!!!!!! WTF!!!!

The reviewers going today...... UGH!!!! Puh-lease.... those are some pathetic posers.

EGM kicked ass pre 99-ish.

------------------
"Hanzou, this time you better finish it off!"
-Fuuma

Rade K

20 Year Member
I always enjoyed the polite manor in which Ed Semrad address the industry in his columns. His reviews were always very forgiving and he tried to find good in everything. I felt like he was a good friend.

I wonder what he is doing now?

Steve Harris always did a good job of getting me revved up for something cool like a new mag design and Martin Alesse was the person who gave the best reviews.

Whatever happened to Sushi-X, though? I heard that he was never actually real...

Remember the picture of the child that someone took at CES 1992? Remember how they claimed that it was Sushi X? Those were the days, my friends.

------------------

30715870.jpg

Late on the whole Neo Geo thing.

Rade K

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chuckclown:
yo mags are a wast YO

Maybe you want to back that up with something?

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
What about GameGo then? Is anybody gonna get that magazine? (I know I will)
smile.gif

------------------
I maybe a hot blooded student... but I'm one hell of a fighter!!! -Batsu

Akurai Yurusan! HAH!!- Kim Kaphwan

Rade K

20 Year Member
I've already subscribed. GF left a little hole in my heart when it died.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the last mag that was worth getting was ODCM. but maybe thats cuz im a sega fanboy. too bad they're gone now, atleast i got all of the issues (no backorders)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Looking into my closet have hundreads of magazines.
Ive seen it all the leaving of good editors, the birth of new systems. But the scenen isnt what it used to be anymore.
I hate the new EGM there more biased then ever.
I miss the old days when gaming was for everyone, now with so much chages being made daily in the gaming industry its no mistake egm gamepro etc. were caught in the troubles.
frown.gif

Ah well ill feel better when i subscribe to gamego and neonews, at least these guys come where the fans are, and have a heart for the business.

------------------
32667251.jpg

We all take life for granted.

Rade K

20 Year Member
Nothing is as bad as NextGEN is. They make so little sense and they always contradict themselves.

And I know this is kind od shallow, but their cover art is UGLY. And why are they so keen on giving XBOX so many covers? Methinks Microsoft payed them.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
EGM is a big pile of shit, and the worse thing is those guys think they ar the bomb.Mags on this side of the pond arent much better C & VG, sucks big time, has done since the makeover in 1998.What really gets me with these pricks is , a whole generation of kids in the late 80's grew up reading these mags( I have over 100 issues still), but when the new editor decided to shake things up 3 years ago, the mag now seems to cater exclusively to 10 year olds,and girl gamers, and the old readership has been discarded completely.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
NEXT GEN MAGS MAKE KILLER MOUSE PADS. That the only use they have though.

------------------
32667251.jpg

We all take life for granted.

Rade K

20 Year Member
I remember Sendai publishing announcing aUK version of EGM...did that ever happen?

baller99

Banned
actually most gaming magazines reviewing games after the playstation generation have lost heart in gaming.
i can remember reviews in egm, and next gen bashing neo games cause they didnt have the 3d graphics that the then released tekken game had.
They bashed games which we now cherish!

Peter

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ECM:
Man...and I thought some of you still liked gaming magazines--better cancel that Sengoku 3, four page review of justice.

Crying,
ECM

www.gamegomagazine.com

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, ECM!!! KEEP THE SENGOKU ARTICLE!!!! I WANT TO READ IT AND KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!

------------------
I maybe a hot blooded student... but I'm one hell of a fighter!!! -Batsu

Akurai Yurusan! HAH!!- Kim Kaphwan

Rade K

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by baller99:
actually most gaming magazines reviewing games after the playstation generation have lost heart in gaming.
i can remember reviews in egm, and next gen bashing neo games cause they didnt have the 3d graphics that the then released tekken game had.
They bashed games which we now cherish!

Peter

Fact: the above statement is misinformed.
Fact: You WILL send me your Sengoku MVS cart, ECM.

ECM

Quiz Detective
I will send Rade my Sengoku cart...

Huh? What? Oh sorry, must have been the sleep deprivation talking again.

MY cart
wink.gif

ECM

www.gamegomagazine.com

[This message has been edited by ECM (edited April 30, 2001).]

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rugal2000:
EGM is a big pile of shit, and the worse thing is those guys think they ar the bomb.Mags on this side of the pond arent much better C & VG, sucks big time, has done since the makeover in 1998.What really gets me with these pricks is , a whole generation of kids in the late 80's grew up reading these mags( I have over 100 issues still), but when the new editor decided to shake things up 3 years ago, the mag now seems to cater exclusively to 10 year olds,and girl gamers, and the old readership has been discarded completely.

Couldn't agree more. CVG was the best mag ever, but now its just totally pathetic.... its amazing how poor it actually became. Who's the editor now anyway? It was Paul Davis. Oh, and one reason why mags are better: You can read them on the toilet
smile.gif

Sol Badguy

n00b
Oh, and mags don't need electricity, just light, right?

Hmpf, anyway, I loved the german VideoGames Mag alot, especially when "Tet" Testuhiko Hara (a native japanese) was with the other people (He could translate the whole story of Final Fantasy III, for ex.), who now works as an interpreter for Square (He makes, as far as I know, the german translation). In the last days of this mag is was a notch under the quality of the mags when tet was there, before he left, but still one of the greatest game-mags ever in the german market. Especially because they also looked at such excotic consloles as the Neo. Now, here in middle europe there is only one multi-format-game-mag left....and I don't like it too much...sigh...the good ol times...maybe I should start making my own mag... but first, I need to improve my writing skills...I also would like to make a mag (if I will ever..) in four to five different languages at the same time, an issue for each!