gauging interest for NEW us and jap AES/NGH home carts. please share your thoughts.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
gauging interest for NEW us and jap AES/NGH home carts. please share your thoughts.

I have been seriously thinking about purchaseing the last of Chris Ray's stock of neo geo home cartrige's.
I have always thought that if the chance came along to pick up A large chunk of this stock, UNTAMPERED, it would be great to pass along to every one here on neo-geo.com as well as get A few carts myself (seeing as I hardly have any).

there was A thread not to long ago which had many people posting positive thoughts about such an idea: "saving" these carts so that they would not be tampered with (stamps, stickers, etc) and people who really wanted them could get them.

What I basicaly want to do is get everyones opinion as well as see if there are people who would be TRULY interested in buying carts from me.

I would be purchasing Chris's remaining stock of 60 carts which includes:

Top Hunter Euro
Sengoku 2 Euro
Riding Hero US/First Gen
2020 Super Baseball US/Dogtag
Baseball Stars 1 US/first Gen
Blues Journey US/First Gen
Thrash Rally US/First Gen
Super Spy JPN
KOF 96 JPN
World Heroes 1 JPN
World Heroes 2 Jet JPN
Sam Sho 2 JPN
KOF 99 JPN
KOF 99 JPN UNBOXED complete except snap case
Sam Sho 1 Euro
Sam Sho 2 Euro
3 Count Bout Euro
Karnovs revenge Euro

that is the list. let me know how you all feel. I would greatly apreciate honest,unbiased opinions without any flames. try to keep the NGF hatred out of this. REMEMBER these carts are %100 snk with original inserts. no stamps, no stickers.

well....nothin much more to say except...DISCUSS!

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Matt Semmel:
Your money dude.
LOL! yes, I know it's my money.
thing is, i'm not buying them just to sit on them. I am buying them to SELL them. so I want to know if there is A demand for new carts. thanks.

naitram

The Old Man
I'd probably buy Super Spy and World Heroes 1 and Jet if the price is reasonable.

I don't care where they came from, as long as they are official and not freaked.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS:
Matt Semmel:
Your money dude.
LOL! yes, I know it's my money.
thing is, i'm not buying them just to sit on them. I am buying them to SELL them. so I want to know if there is A demand for new carts. thanks.
I salute you. You got balls if you're gonna buy from one of the freaks. Yes they're under court order to sell authentic SNK goods, yes they guarantee authenticity. But personally, I STILL wouldn't trust 'em. Do it if you're gonna. Did I tell you you have balls?

<small>[ February 26, 2003, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Matt Semmel ]</small>

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
by the way. I also have to stress that nothing is final as no deals are made at the moment.
What I do know is that some other people are interested in large amounts of these carts from Chris but i believe i am the only one who wants the whole lot. thanks.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
naitram:
I don't care where they came from, as long as they are official and not freaked.
Ditto, just double makesure they are not
freaked in anyway, I would personally go
to pick them up if I was you, and makesure
they are all Original.

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
I just bought 8 NEW carts from Chris, not for sale but for my personal collection. They will arrive next week. I can report on them if you like by then, to let you know if they are truly new and unfreaked (I hope so!). wink

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
to Mat semal and lovecraft: I hear you guys. rest assured everything should go A.O.K.
I have been talking to Chris for A while and he has been extremily busy with everything outside the neo(at least from what i have seen)and I am not talking about any "legal issues" so I take it that he would just be thankfull to move what he has left.

He has made it very clear that he has no problems what so ever with people passing on the NGF warranty. I recieved an order from him last month which was free of any stamps or stickers, just as i asked. joe mcabe was able to get the same treatment as were the other people who won his auctions up on ebay.

in fact, on top of lovecrafts incommming package another very respected member here just won a very nice homecart package the other night and i am sure that he will be able to inform us as to how the deal goes.

I have to go on A little trip now to pick up an MVS cab (YAY!) but I will check this thread when i get back.

the only thing left to say is that I am a gamer first and foremost so I am on the same level with everyone here. I don't like price gouging and (if this deal pans out) my prices will be very attractive.
What i need from everyone are HONEST opinions and feedback from those who will TRULY (I can not stress that word enough)buy carts. for those interested, Email me with what you would be intersted in. take care guys.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
Orpheus... I would drop the money for all those carts...... within a minute.

BUT... unfortunately, I don't care if they are not stamped...etc.. I would not give the money to NGF.... or buy those carts.

I am sorry.. but there is too much of a risk. And if i ever find out that a game I am going for has been touched by them... I wouldn't buy it either...

I have not dealt with them. But as I do with anyone selling games... whether it be Buy Rite, personal sellers, or ANY BUSINESS... I will not buy off of them if there is even a remote risk that the product will not come as described. you may have completed 1 transaction ok.. but who knows... the dog may bite again.

Thats just a business policy I have to save my butt... but I would definitely reconsider not buying them....

†B†V†

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Bluevoodu:
Orpheus... I would drop the money for all those carts...... within a minute.

BUT... unfortunately, I don't care if they are not stamped...etc.. I would not give the money to NGF.... or buy those carts.

I am sorry.. but there is too much of a risk. And if i ever find out that a game I am going for has been touched by them... I wouldn't buy it either...

I have not dealt with them. But as I do with anyone selling games... whether it be Buy Rite, personal sellers, or ANY BUSINESS... I will not buy off of them if there is even a remote risk that the product will not come as described. you may have completed 1 transaction ok.. but who knows... the dog may bite again.

Thats just a business policy I have to save my butt... but I would definitely reconsider not buying them....

†B†V†
that s what i have been getting at. thank you for your honesty Dave.

everyone , Dave's above post is the perfect example of what i need to know.
I Know that these cart would come "un-freaked"
however that may not be enough for many people.
they may feel the way Dave does about not wanting to support NGF in any way, shape or form, and that is fine, it's your opinion. to those who do feel that way, please post and let me know O.K.

in the end I hope most here would be up for some new cart as I would love to purchase the lot, sell it relatively, and be able to keep A few games myself. we will see in A day or so. take care everybody.

naitram

The Old Man
I look at it as "rescuing" these carts from NGF's evil prison camp. wink

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
I know this is paranoid.. but what happens it the opened the cart and signed the inside :)

†B†V†

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Would buying these carts also mean supporting the NGF legal defense fund?

Just a thought...

[edit: spelling]

<small>[ February 26, 2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: tsukaesugi ]</small>

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i wouldnt buy them from him.
but thats because i refuse to support him
or dion. you like that sticker or stamp they
put on your kof 95 museum there mr orpheus?
not that there will be tainting or maybe even
that cannot be promised. but i would not buy any
of them. it supports them and whatever they choose
to do in the future. no matter if they sell it at
a loss.
i d maybe buy from shawn. i might not care for
some of his ideals or anything but in the end
its almost supporting a decent dealer.
i really dont understand the temptation of going
back and supporting these guys.
they so dont deserve any attention or funds at all.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
rarehero:
i wouldnt buy them from him.
but thats because i refuse to support him
or dion. you like that sticker or stamp they
put on your kof 95 museum there mr orpheus?
not that there will be tainting or maybe even
that cannot be promised. but i would not buy any
of them. it supports them and whatever they choose
to do in the future. no matter if they sell it at
a loss.
i d maybe buy from shawn. i might not care for
some of his ideals or anything but in the end
its almost supporting a decent dealer.
i really dont understand the temptation of going
back and supporting these guys.
they so dont deserve any attention or funds at all.
word rarehero....

and orpheus. i don;t know whether you saw the thread in general discussion about a new guy who bought a New and Sealed KOF '99 cart of DKD4 on ebay...it arrived brand new and sealed, and was advertised in the auction as 100% new SNK merchandise...but when the guy opened it he said the Cart was stickerd and the insert freaked.

I can;t findt he thread and th emoment but it defientely happened....all i can suggest is if you do drop the big bucks for these carts, please do it with caution...i'd hate to see you getting burned VERY badly with a lot of freaked carts.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Sorry man.

Anything remotly touched by Dion or Chris is tainted software. You already have me wondering if chris isn't opening up the carts and plugging his name in black marker on the PCB board.

Seriously that stock is worth dick after those two fucknuts get their hands on it.

Go somewhere else and peddle their garbage.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
alright guys, I hear what you are saying. keep in mind that the cart that person recieved was from Dion and he does not let the buyer pass on the warranty, Chris does however. I could have told that person that his cart would have come stamped.
I will make A decision tommorrow based on the feedback I recieve. people can post it hear or Email it to me directly. thanks.