BIG BEAR's MVS/homecart cases; your opinions

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
I just recieved my 10 cases today, and here is my honest opinion on them.

I believe they will last, but the inner tray that holds the game might not. The tray is not seperate from the case, but it can be crack easily, IMO. I thought this were all hard platic like the snaplocks. Moreover, I am happy I have something to store my MVS games, but I am not satisfied with the tray holding the game. To all that bought some, what do you think?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I agree w/ your assessment about the inner case being fairly frail. Overall, I think it is stil an excellent product. My only regert is that I should have gotten black cases instead--Red sucks.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I thought they were made of PVC as well (or whatever the snaplock cases are), but I would also say that I am happy with my purchase and plan to get more. The materials were a bit of a surprise, but I am stil quite satisfied. I still feel I got a quality item for a good price.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I want to apologize to those who were under the impression this was the same plastic as the 2nd generation Home Cart.
This 2nd gen case cannot be reproduced in the states at a cost affective price if at all.the price for this type of material,the necessary design and the amount I would have to commit to purchasing would blow the cost through the ROOF meaning that this project would never become a reality because 'WHO REALLY KNEW' what type of support there was??
I mean alot of people talked about it,phantasized about it and only 30% of those folks have stepped up to the plate this far and I THANKYOU!
Pictures will be updated and I will change desciptions very shortly...
My only regert is that I should have gotten black cases instead--Red sucks.
SOLUTION for the above complaint... INSERT!! INSERT sized to fit the case will take care of this,you have that option!!
smile.gif

As far as the inner tray...I noticed this from the first sample I received..I poked it...I slammed the cart in it...I mean I used reasonable froce to try and crack this thing and I did'nt do it. In order to crack this tray,one would have to be purposely trying to do so...If you place the cart in it,dress it up and sit on your shelf ,what else can you do??
MVS users had nothing before this for a very long time and this is the best that could be done for the $ in this age of 'CARDBOARD' containers.
Now you have the ability to purchase 1-?? piece at your leisure instead of committing to like 100+ all at once.

-BB
MVS CASE EXLUSIVE= http://www.netreach.net/~scop
Thanks!

C

Chubby Groundhog

If the cases were cheaper I would spring for a few...sorry BB I know its your shit, but I'm poor
smile.gif

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well I got cases last night, and I have to say that I am VERY pleased with them!! The cases are very solid and durable, and I have no problem with the inner tray at all. The inner trays on THESE cases are much higher quality than the old-style Neo cases, some of which were very brittle and tended to crack and fall apart. The manufacturing quality is EXCELLENT, I see no defects or sloppy work AT ALL!!

I already have 10 games loaded into the cases, every one with its original artwork (usually two large marquees in the front and back sleeve area, and the mini marquee and setup sheet go inside). MVS games look GREAT in these cases, and I want to extend a big THANK YOU to Big Bear and SHOCK!X2 for producing these AWESOME cases!!! You guys are INCREDIBLE!!!

As for the color, I originally thought I wouldn't like red as a color, but it actually looks GREAT with MVS games. Reminds one of the huge amount of red on every MVS cabinet!! Now it would be cool to have black cases TOO, but I can honestly say that the red cases look REALLY nice!!

Wait until you guys see pics of these games, you'll see what I mean . . .
biggrin.gif

Saitoh

n00b
I bought some and I really enjoy them, they are far better then the cardbord box they come in originally. Hell before these, only one of my MVS had a box, all others were in ziplock freezer bags.
smile.gif
But I do see what you guys think about the materials it is made out of. However, I don't see them cracking so easy. Possibly if you leave them out in the sun or something. They are made very similar to the clam shell cases that Disney movies are distributed in, and I have some of those that are years old, and still look mint perfect. Ohh well, only time will tell
smile.gif

Perhaps a hard black plastic case is the answer to this problem, if only there was a way to overcome the cost issue.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
To me the big thing holding me back is the lack of inserts, Id happily pay $15 for a box plus the insert.Until Bear oes teh inserts too, Ill pobably hold onto my cash.If inserts were to become available (home cart quality) I would probaly buy boxes for all my mvs carts (92 and counting).
As for dealing with another guy who claims to have inserts and the box for $12 a piece ,Id rather drive my golf cabriolet (1999 model)into a concrete wall, than deal with that fuckin whore (peon kakis).