Honest Answer Please........

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
About 15th March, I sold an old style MVS converter to an individual. Who might even be a member on the forum. I have TESTED this on serveral games before shipping it out and the test indicated 100 percent working. I got the MVS converter back today with a note for a refund. I ran it through a test and it is NOT WORKING. Also, there are some minor damages were made to the pronges on the main chip with a small flat object. Now I have no problems with giving refund to buyers. But, this time.... I fell different. My sixth sense tells me that I'm BEING SCAM. Now I believe (Not positive) about 2 months ago, this individual was selling a broken MVS converter. I have refunded people on this forum before and I always pay for my what I owe. My feedback on ebay http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=pichai
and his feedback on ebay http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=mark585

I ask you people for a honest answer to what you would do.

-Pichai

Robi15

20 Year Member
Return the converter once again to the buyer. With a note that refund is impossible. That's it. You could say that it is shipping damage or anything else. You should NOT refund you're money.. That is my opinion.

[This message has been edited by Robi15 (edited April 27, 2001).]

proffesser

Converted to lurking., ,
Only my personal opinion,but sounds like a scam to me,your being ripped off

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Its been damaged, there is a note for one reason, because he is cheating you, this is how ive come to see it...if some guy cannot email you and indication in and earlier responce then its all BS, ask him for a better contact and then have him lie to you on the phone then make the decision if hes lieing or it was damaged by shipping..chances are it got damaged, anyhow want to sell that damaged converter to me?!?
If so name your price

------------------
32667251.jpg

We all take life for granted.

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
He did email before, telling me that it doesn't work. I know it works FOR SURE since I tested before I shipped it.

-Pichai

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
If it arrived back in the same condition as it was sent, I would say refund his money. Since it did not, I will say no. Also, it seems a bit odd that he did not at least contact you via e-mail to complain, or ask for help, or whatever. Seems a bit suspicious to me.

His eBay registration is also revoked now. You have to screw up pretty bad to get those bums to actually do anything.
wink.gif

Oops, you posted again. Did not realise that he HAD emailed. Still, my statement about returning it in the original condition stands.
------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

Coming To Theatres This Summer: Chimps Packing Heat: The Movie
pm_segalogo.gif

[This message has been edited by BioMotor_Unitron (edited April 27, 2001).]

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Pichai is it possible you can repair it and send it back to him??
I would do that if possible at the MOST.
-BB

Dog

World Soccer '96
Send the item back. No re-fund, goods have been tampered.

If he sends it back again, tell him you never recieved the item.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Feedback on ebay exists to help evaluate situations like these. If I was in your position, I would evaluate the buyer's honesty based on the feedback he's received to this point. I would also explain that to him with the returned item and apologize for the inconvenience, along with an explanation that you tested the item before sending it out. If it wasn't broken when you sent it and you know that to be true, there's no reason for you to have to do anything else.

Your feedback tells volumes about your honesty and good intentions. 257 positives and 0 negatives? That's impressive.

You are being lied to by Mark585. At least, if the evidence I've seen so far is any indication.

------------------
hanzo.gif

Taiso
'Because of my bloody life, it was no accident that I was involved in the troubles...'

Sounds like a scam to me. Tell him that it worked fine before and that if anything it was damaged in shipping and it is out of your control.

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pichai:
and his feedback on ebay http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=mark585

-Pichai

I saw this guy when he bid on my auction. If you check out his negative feedback...you'll see he is a POS. I canceled like 4 of his bids on 4 of my auctions. He doesn't read auction descriptions and it sounds like he is trying to do a switch aroo. I know this might sound bad to some...but I think this is why NGF does this to the actual cart they send out. I am surprised you dealt with that guy. I don't want to be to harsh.....but if his feedback had been that bad when he was dealing with you....you kinda brought the bad deal on by dealing with him. I don't think you should refund his money. I think that you should go with your sixth sense....and leave him out to dry since he isn't registered he can't hurt your feedback on ebay. If you teach him a lesson maybe he might......learn.........just my thoughts.....

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

S

Silent_Scope

Several questions:

1) Pichai, are you sure that's the original convertor you sent to him? Sometimes people will "trade" the working one and return the non-working back to sellers

2) Have you had insurance when you mailed it out? You know convertor is expensive so I'll insure it when I ship it.

If he never contacts you and ships the item back to you all of suddent, then ignore him. That's not the way you do the business. But make sure that's your "original" convertor, not from someone else and got "swap"

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Goemon and Yae to stand a chance"
fetch.dll

C

Chubby Groundhog

You sound nice, but I would say "Go fuck yourself" I hate motherfuckers like that! You didn't provide a warranty, right? Its his, its been tampered with, and your POSITIVE it worked? I say keep it! Fuck the asshole! I'm very mean....

S

Silent_Scope

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chubby Groundhog:
You sound nice, but I would say "Go fuck yourself" I hate motherfuckers like that! You didn't provide a warranty, right? Its his, its been tampered with, and your POSITIVE it worked? I say keep it! Fuck the asshole! I'm very mean....
I assume you are addressing to that evil buyer, not Pichai, right? It's kinda confusing .......hmmm....

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
fetch.dll

C

Chubby Groundhog

Sorry SS, I am naturally mean...I meant the guy who returned it is a POS!

S

Silent_Scope

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chubby Groundhog:
Sorry SS, I am naturally mean...I meant the guy who returned it is a POS!

Got it........clear enough
biggrin.gif

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
fetch.dll

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BioMotor_Unitron:

His eBay registration is also revoked now. You have to screw up pretty bad to get those bums to actually do anything.
wink.gif

That's not always the case. Actually, in one of my auction, I just sent a nice e-mail to ebay, and the newbie's account (zero feedback) was revoked within a day.

I agree w/ what the others said. You shouldn't refund his money. And, since you nor he can leave feedback to each other (I am fairly certain, since he is not a registered member), you don't have to worry about leaving a negative feedback or a retaliatory feedback--if you are thinking about that, that is.

If the situation was diff, personally, even if the item was not insured, I will most likey refund the guy (don't want to advertise it on the ebay, though, and thankfully none of my items were defective). I have dealt w/ numerous buyers, and some had really weird excuses. However, most were true, so I always give all the sellers the benefit of doubt.

Just today, I just recieved another check (money order would have been nice) from a guy on ebay who's earlier check was bounced. I had to pay for the bounced check + bank fee. He said that after the check was deposited, he deposited $25,000, and the bank held it for 5 business days, and that was the result. Admittedly, I bear some responsibilty, as I should have waited and sent the game after it was cleared. I did deposit the check about 5 days after I delivered the item--too bad it still bounced. But come on. It was like $30-$40 game. If he had some financial difficulties, he could have e-mailed me to hold the check until the deposit is made/cleared. It also have been about a month from the end of the auction, since he finally paid w/ his first check. I don't really care, if the guy apologized in any way--afterall, it's only $35. But, I didn't find anything like that in the e-mail. I am still giving him the benefit of the doubt, as communication is still flowing. But, once it reaches a certain point, then well...business is business.

BTW, I am not defending the buyer, but it seems that some MVS converters have problem running 100% on certain (older) Neo Geo system. I was told that my MVS converter (From Ken. It is identical to MVS converters that he was selling to Shawn) worked perfectly (up to MS:X) from the seller, but there are some issues (mostly minor graphical glitches w/ few carts. Still it's annoying, esp w/ LB series). I still can't figure out if it's the converter, or the system that is at fault, but I can definitely believe that there could be a compatibilty issue (muck like w/ Arcades's). You said that it came broken, & not working. Maybe he tried to do some fixing (I know I tried to w/ mine. Good thing I din't break it, and just let it be), and broke it? I am trying to be objective, but really from the info that you gave, you do not have to refund the guy.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Wreaks of scam and at the very least he was fiddlin' with it and broke it.

No refund.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
That is some serious horrid feedfack that looks like all he does is find items and sends back a similar fcked up one.

I say inspect the converter carefully to determin if its really yours and if it aintdont send it back and keep the money.
This is to get him to quit his scammin shit.

For me only when i sell shit and it dont work ill fully refund the buyer if he sends the original item back.

Cmon man wasnt he sellin a broke converter a while back?

------------------
SNKDEVILSBANNA.gif

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pichai:
About 15th March, I sold an old style MVS converter to an individual. Who might even be a member on the forum. I have TESTED this on serveral games before shipping it out and the test indicated 100 percent working. I got the MVS converter back today with a note for a refund. I ran it through a test and it is NOT WORKING. Also, there are some minor damages were made to the pronges on the main chip with a small flat object. Now I have no problems with giving refund to buyers. But, this time.... I fell different. My sixth sense tells me that I'm BEING SCAM. Now I believe (Not positive) about 2 months ago, this individual was selling a broken MVS converter. I have refunded people on this forum before and I always pay for my what I owe. My feedback on ebay http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=pichai

-Pichai

This is a difficult situation, by any means. I don't know about your listings and the associated policies, but I would explain to the buyer about the damage you found, and tell him (politely) that you won't be sending any refund. Of course by this you risk getting negative feedback (if they haven't left fb already), but don't let him win. You'll probably have to respond to his negative feedback to try to save whatever face you can. If you do get neg'd, and your feedback has shown you to be an honest seller, future potential buyers will probably figure out that you were scammed, if they have an open mind.

------------------
--Riot--

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Dont do nothing just look at his feedback the guy just fucked the converter and want's a new one......----->

User: bbu9715965@aol.com (1482) Date: Mar-30-01 15:20:55 PST Item: 558364562
Neutral: never paid

User: bbu9715965@aol.com (1482) Date: Mar-30-01 15:20:55 PST Item: 1113371982
Neutral: never paid

User: marsalone (148) Date: Mar-22-01 16:34:41 PST Item: 1222198530
Praise: Received payment very quickly. Thanks for smooth the smooth transaction.

User: marsalone (148) Date: Mar-22-01 16:33:11 PST Item: 1220370934
Praise: Quick response. Paid in Full. Thanks. A wonderful eBay citizen.

User: zenarcher (438) Date: Mar-22-01 14:29:07 PST Item: 1221990737
Complaint: BUYER OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T TAKE THIS SERVICE SERIOUS...5 EMAILS.. NO RESPONSE! F-

User: studiomonitor (1) Date: Mar-07-01 11:36:56 PST Item: 1215028836
Complaint: Won on 2/22. Emailed on 2/23 and 3/5. No response to date (3/7).

User: placid@eagnet.com (15) Date: Mar-07-01 06:12:50 PST Item: 1214936400
Praise: Smooth transaction. No Problems. Thanks.

User: botte1 (279) (not a registered user) Date: Feb-21-01 21:55:41 PST Item: 1214987969
Complaint: NON-PAYING BIDDER FOR $45 FOR SATURN PACKAGE. DOESN'T READ.

Response: Won saturn for 25$. Botte1 is a scam artist.
Follow-up: NON-PAYING BIDDER! He left me a neg.Feedback 1st! Never paid! Cancel his bids!

User: jp-gamer (122) Date: Feb-19-01 16:28:10 PST Item: 555892504
Complaint: Never reply email and keep bid on e-bay, 100% Another non-pay bidder! BEWARE!!!!

Response: Sent out payment.

------------------
fetch.dll

"So you think you can beat me.?"

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
Hi Pichai,

IMO, this person did a Switch-A-Roo on you. I see it all too offend from my electronics "friends" scamming ToysRUs, Fry's Ele., ... You should Email him w/ somebody elses address to ask how his converter is working, and see what he says. I bet you, he has your and you have his.

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Pichai, I would say NO REFUND.

You tested it and it was working. The buyer's feedback was pretty poor. I'd about bet the price of a thousand Metal Slug NGH carts that he was trying to gyp you.

If I ever auction something, I pretty much refuse bids from zero or negative feedback users. As for checks- I NEVER take them. Too much risk involved. It's a pisser that the payee is held liable if they try to cash it. I accept PayPal only. MOs and checks can get lost in the mail, or stolen from the mailbox. PayPal ensures a smooth transaction.

If the guy was not banned and had better feedback, I'd be more inclined to cooperate with him. I'd remind him that it worked for you, and then tell him to file a shipping insurance claim on the item (good thing the USPS offers insurance), in case it was damaged in shipping.

------------------