Re-reviews - KOF '94 + some new MVS cart stickers

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Somebody suggested a while back that I should re-do some of the older reviews on my site. Looking through a few of the older ones, I have to admit that some were a little poor. A few were written when I had first started the site, and I think my writing skills have improved a bit since then :cool:

Anyway, I decided to have a crack at re-writing a couple of them over the past week. I have been playing a lot of my KOF '94/'95 carts just recently, so I decided I should do those first, since my original reviews were sorely lacking... especially considering they are some of my favourite games! :) KOF '95 will be the next one to get an update, and after that I will probably have a look at re-reviewing stuff like Sonic Wings/Aero Fighters.

You can check out the new KOF '94 review <a href="http://www.neogeoforlife.com/reviews/the_king_of_fighters_94.shtml" target="_blank">here</a>. For those interested, the original (very poor) review can be found <a href="http://www.neogeoforlife.com/reviews/the_king_of_fighters_94_old.shtml" target="_blank">here</a>. Comments, suggestions and/or constructive criticism are appreciated as always! :D

I'll update the site tomorrow with some more of Super Porkys MVS cart stickers... I meant to add them tonight but I was a little bit busy with other things.

Thanks all,
Kaz

edit: super porkys cart stickers have now been added :)

<small>[ February 21, 2003, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Kazuya_UK ]</small>

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Nice! drool I had not idea that Lucky was from Street Slam until I read this. :D

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Great! Your new one really is a lot better. I've become quite a fan of your reviews recently. wink

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
I have the game, however have not :D played it very much. I will dig it out and try it again today.

Thanks for renewing my interest.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I still love KOF '94 and '95... if you want a classy old school beat 'em up, they are the ones to go for (along with Samurai Shodown 2 of course)! :D

leepantalone: yeah, you should definitely dig it out again, it's still a really fun game. Every time I play the game it really does bring back great memories of the arcades "back in the day". I'm glad the review got you interested in it again :)

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
You rock Kazuya! buttrock

I was one of the oones who wanted some redone reviewes of some titles. The KOF 94 review you´ve done was way over expectation thought, overkill!

Keep the good work up :)

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
cgun:
You rock Kazuya! buttrock

I was one of the oones who wanted some redone reviewes of some titles. The KOF 94 review you´ve done was way over expectation thought, overkill!

Keep the good work up :)
Yeah, I can remember you asking me to re-review Sonic Wings/Aero Fighters in a thread a while back... after I have finished my KOF '95 re-review I will probably start work on playing/re-reviewing those games next (soon as I have time). I know that their reviews are very short and the games do deserve better than that. Thanks for the compliments! :)

I just edited the KOF '94 review again slightly - I added in some info about the Neo Geo CD version of the game, I forgot to paste that in yesterday when I uploaded the review (DOH!) :)

<small>[ February 21, 2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Kazuya_UK ]</small>