Freaked or Not Freaked?

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Can anybody look at these and tell me which, if any of these, are Freaked? I thought AoF 2 had a grey cover.

An eBay Neo Auction in Question

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
They all look real to me. I don't think any of them are freaked.

-Pichai

B

Bobak!

Well here's the story on the REAL find in that company's auctions (METAL SLUG):

(this is an email I recieved after I made a little inquiry)

Subject: RE: Question for seller -- Item #1233017103
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:41:35 -0400

We have already been offered $450 for this game but due to the original
owner's agreement with us we cannot end this auction early.

Sorry,
toymaniac on Ebay
comicman@grnet.com
John C. Kula

RyoGeo

Eh...have two Slugs in MVS format. Though VERY cool as a collectors item, I would rather spend the money on BB's cases and more MVS games.
biggrin.gif

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
That Meatl Slug US is real. SO nobody bid until the last 10 minutes, and hopefully it goes for $500 or less.

[This message has been edited by NSX-T (edited April 25, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by NSX-T (edited April 25, 2001).]

RyoGeo

I don't want "Meat Slugs" on my Neo shelf anyway.
freak6.gif

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

Hey, no fair! I made a funny joke on NSX-T's typo and he fixed it! Dang.

[This message has been edited by RyoGeo (edited April 25, 2001).]

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
OOOPS. I will change it back..

Anyways, that Metal Slug US is real. SO nobody bid until the last 10 minutes, and hopefully it goes for $500 or less.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
well, now that that auction for the metal slug has been uncovered, wach some moron with no self control bid A rediculouse amount on that game and keep the price sky high.
speaking of sky high, did any one check out the newly revised price list lately? just look at all those price hikes, I just love the fact that kzuna encounter is at $2500 plus. makes me want to go out and get it even more. what A joke.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
OH! there you go! some putz just uped it $100
I wonder what his max bid is.and of course this nimwit decides to do this after its only been up for half A day.

[This message has been edited by ORPHEUS (edited April 25, 2001).]

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
>>>>>
speaking of sky high, did any one check out the newly revised price list lately? just look at all those price hikes, I just love the fact that kzuna encounter is at $2500 plus. makes me want to go out and get it even more. what A joke.
>>>>>

I totally agree.
You could probably count on one hand the people who would pay $2500 for this game, and most of them would be the "impulse" purchasers who would turn around and sell it a month from now because of "car payments" or other BS. Nowadays, I just don't feel like what we see on ebay, or what Shawn is offered for certain games is reasonable enough basis to determine a carts value... too many carts out there, too many wierd buyers and sellers. And the worst part is 90% dont even use this board or ebay.

Similarly, the rarity system was a really bad idea... it should be based on the actual quantity of carts produced (which unfortunately is info that nobody has) rather than the frequency we see games for sale. Lots of collectors just stick their games on shelves after purchasing them, just because certain games arent traded much doesn't mean a ton of them don't exist. regretfully, i think the whole rarity system is a bit misleading.

BTW, sorry if I'm overly critical, but I was the original author of that price guide so I get to be! LOL =)

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RyoGeo:
Can anybody look at these and tell me which, if any of these, are Freaked? I thought AoF 2 had a grey cover.

An eBay Neo Auction in Question

I don't see a URL on the back as well as the "color correct" stipe on Meat Slug....
biggrin.gif
I was thinking along the lines of it being a converted cart....but it looks pretty damn real to me....I just like the fact that I have all 4 Metal Slugs and I paid less for them than what people are paying for Metal Slug NHC English........MVS all the way....RyoGeo!!!

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ORPHEUS:
well, now that that auction for the metal slug has been uncovered, wach some moron with no self control bid A rediculouse amount on that game and keep the price sky high.

you gotta be fkn kiddin me!!!

as charlie once said.."kill all the piggies"

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
ORIGINALY POSTED BY GEDDON JT

>>>>>
I totally agree.
You could probably count on one hand the people who would pay $2500 for this game, and most of them would be the "impulse" purchasers who would turn around and sell it a month from now because of "car payments" or other BS. Nowadays, I just don't feel like what we see on ebay, or what Shawn is offered for certain games is reasonable enough basis to determine a carts value... too many carts out there, too many wierd buyers and sellers. And the worst part is 90% dont even use this board or ebay.

Similarly, the rarity system was a really bad idea... it should be based on the actual quantity of carts produced (which unfortunately is info that nobody has) rather than the frequency we see games for sale. Lots of collectors just stick their games on shelves after purchasing them, just because certain games arent traded much doesn't mean a ton of them don't exist. regretfully, i think the whole rarity system is a bit misleading.

BTW, sorry if I'm overly critical, but I was the original author of that price guide so I get to be! LOL =)

Damn geddon, I could not have said it better myself! I mean, I could buy A copy for that mu8ch and then just play it for A month and sell it for what I bought it for, and you know what it realy does in the end... hurts the neo community realy bad.

[This message has been edited by ORPHEUS (edited April 25, 2001).]

RyoGeo

You bet DJ!!! I had, at one point, 2 "Meat Slugs" for MVS and I also have MSX (MVS) and MS3 (NGH).

To be honest, I would almost prefer having "Meat Slug 3" on MVS. I always feel like I am beating the shit out of my home stick (no, I mean the controller) when I am playing MS3. With my cabinet, the buttons are so tough and easily replaced, that I don't worry about it.

As far as Kizuna goes, well, I just paid $40 shipped for that to Drunken_Shaolin_Devil. As nice as the insert may be, I think I will be more satisfied with my MVS purchase than if I bought the NGH version. but that's just me.
biggrin.gif

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Well,the only home cart I own is that Japanese Fatal Fury Special and I will be unloading that soon.
The cost of home carts were a big reason why I switched to MVS because I am a 'GAMER'.I just don't collect so through the years I explored my options after owning maybe 20 home systems on 17 different occassions.
I explored the CD systems,that did'nt work out..
MVS is truely the way to go if you're a GAMER.
Right now I am in th eprocess of building up my library.
A collection of Neo Geo Games sittin on a bookshelf that I don't have to feel guilty about!!
smile.gif
I'm th etype of guy that will sell a game if I'm not totally in love with it when owning the home carts but MVS is so inexpensive you don't even think about it.
I just don't believe in complaining about prices because there are other alternatives and competition.
-BB

C

Chubby Groundhog

It would be nice to see that MS go for about $1,200 then I could email the fool while I'm playing my beat to hell MVS version. Then he could tell me how rare it is! Big fucking deal! I really want to thank Neo-Geo.com for turning me to MVS...I have a COMPLETE Home Cart system...should I hold onto it?

------------------

"You can't find a fatter G-Hog anywhere!"

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by iamrandyray:
wow
jumped from 100 to 500

And, look who POP that price up. It is our X-member Cappadonna.

RyoGeo

I would hold on to the home cart system and get an adapter. I have a home cart system and a 4 slot cabinet. I have not yet gotten the adapter, but plan on it sometime in the future. I think if I have the adapter, some of those older titles mught get more action than waiting to be rotated into the 4 slot.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
AAAHHH HAHAHAHA!!!
this shit is at $500 now, what A fuckin joke!
lets thank the TRUE fans who so blindly jacked this thing up in a matter of 2 hours
and remind them of the sheer stupidity they displayed. I gues they dont realize there is 4 DAYS left to this auction! but luckily for them this means they have all that time to jack the price up even more just for fun...AAAHHHH HAHAHAHA!!!

RyoGeo

::sarcasm on::

I find that it is in my best interests to bid early and bid often. Y'see, when I enter a really large bid right at the beginning, that serves to drive the price up very rapidly right from the get go. I find this to be a great way to increase the "value" of my collection. After I have spent $1200 on a particular cart, I know that my collection is $1200 cooler, thus, I am as well.
biggrin.gif

::sarcasm off::

Bidding early does nothing but screw the bidder.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

[This message has been edited by RyoGeo (edited April 25, 2001).]

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
HEY, look, Shawn just bid. I bet his bid is $800 according to his BUY prices. So I guess we are looking at a $800+ game.

Shawn

snkusa.com
I like how the seller added that he would be listing a complete Cyber-lip as a 10-day auction.
rolleyes.gif
He has a collection of 60 home carts and he singles out Cyber-lip? I looked over the AES Price Guide, thought there may have been a typo, but there was none.

quote from a note on the MS auction:
“We will be listing a CYBER-LIP cartridge complete with manual in a 10 day auction starting tomorrow, April 26th, and it will end May 6th.”

email from toymaniac:
PS: I saw on a neo-geo price guide it is going for $1000+ so the original owner wants us to keep it on Ebay as a regular auction. Wait until I put the Cyber-Lip on Ebay, that should reach quite a bit...

*added the email from seller

[This message has been edited by Shawn (edited April 25, 2001).]