kof 01 translation page...update

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
we just started taking a look at the page really and we see that there is a vote for the voice overs, the first option on the poll is to leave everything the same, the second option is to have each character speak whatever language is there native, hence kim will speak all korean, kyo all japanese, terry still english, and all that, the third is just to have korean memebers speak korean, and the last is to do nothing, you have to be a member to vote, and that requires a korean socail number, but my friend is going to sign up, so im polling everyone, and the one vote we can cast, for those of us that wouldnt normally get to vote will be the winner...it may only be one vote, but still...anyway if you want, here it is
1. All Voices Languages stay the same.
2. Characters speak native languages.
3. Only korean characters are effected, and speak korean.
4. you dont care.

other then that were looking into finding some stuff for 2001, they are taken forum postings, so if anyone has something they would like to see in 2001 post it here too.. we can use our one member and stuff to post on the forum there, we can explain how everyone is posting on one thing because of the lack of us being korean, some of us anyway and having a korean socail, who knows, maybe something we do will effect the way the game is made...so express your ideas, and we'll post the most popular ones, by the way, i cast the vote on friday probably, so atleast let me know about the poll by then, but suggestions for 2001 can go until eithol(sp) stops taking them...thanks everyone for your support, lets hope 2001 is as great as the ones before it!

lots of thanks to my friend keaton for his help...hope everyone has some great ideas....

later, keaton and n8

------------------
hmhmhmhmmhahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA! - I.Y. n8

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
KEEP THE CAST!!! I can't stand not hearing Masahiro Nonaka as Kyo, Kunihiko Yasui as Iori, Satoshi Hashimoto as Terry and Kim!!! Don't change the voices, Eloith

------------------
Sonomama Shine....
Beware of the wrath of Burning Batsu!.... and Dan's Super Taunts!!!

china team speaks mandrian?
mexico speak mexican ?

------------------
iori_ki.gif

Am I Cool? [/QUOTE}

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
they didnt say anything about changing cast, just the language the characters would speak...

------------------

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Well, it doesn't say anything about changing the cast. Rather that the characters speak their native tongue. Personally, I love Ralph's voice (fit's the character perfectly) but do not like the fact that he doesn't speak English (most of the time). Ralph's taunts are in Japanese, as are most of his DM annunciations. I would much prefer them be in English.

Likewise, I think it would be very cool if Kim and the his freaker crew spoke Korean. Just adds to the game IMO.

Keep the same actors. I have no problem with that. Terry has always spoken English, albeit with an accent, and his "voice" has always been of Japanese descent.

I say option #3. Have characters speak in their native languages.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I vote for 2, it would sound a lot better to hear everyone speak in their native tounge. I mean, we can't understand what the hell they are saying any way right
smile.gif
might as well make it sound more realistic instead of some Latin guy speaking Japanese... then again... I guess if you put them all on one team... man no one can talk to each other!!! crap!

smile.gif

-Nick

Crazy Bee

n00b
I was thinking about choosing #2, but I would miss the Engrish style of voice acting. Unless they can get bad455 native voice actors/actressess (highly unlikely) then I go for #1.

Later.

------------------
Come get Mad OwNeD...

Mycah Leonhart

Cheng's Errand Boy
All I have to say is let's just hope and pray for the best.

------------------
fetch.dll
Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens.......
-Yang
http://communities.msn.com/MycahLeonhartFriends

trunks

New Challenger
Huh? I think you might have gotten it wrong. I read it and it seems to me that it was referring to changing the voices of the characters to Korean for Korean gamers or just having the Korean team speak Korean. It might not have any bearing on the voices of the characters outside of Korea. I could be wrong, but I'm sure that is what it is stating. When the english page comes up, we should have a better view on how KOF 2K1 will be changed to suit the gamers outside Korea.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
of course i might have made a mistake...the page itself is made to korean gamers, however the person helping me to figure it all out is from korea, so maybe we made a mistake between converstions, were going to check it out later, but right now were working on the eothil interview about kof 2001...and posting ideas on the message board...but if they do voices in korean or whatever gets picked, i dont see them changing the voice overs just for the other countries, snk themselves left the voice overs the same for all versions, so if they are only talking about a korean version it would be a change from the normal...most the attention is in korea because its a korean company and that is were kof games are strongest...from what we have looked at so far, they arent trying to change much, but they are asking for input for things people would like to see to help the game do better...either way, if anyone finds anything wrong with something were doing let us know....

------------------

Crazy Bee

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IoriYagami n8:
of course i might have made a mistake...the page itself is made to korean gamers, however the person helping me to figure it all out is from korea, so maybe we made a mistake between converstions, were going to check it out later, but right now were working on the eothil interview about kof 2001...and posting ideas on the message board...but if they do voices in korean or whatever gets picked, i dont see them changing the voice overs just for the other countries, snk themselves left the voice overs the same for all versions, so if they are only talking about a korean version it would be a change from the normal...most the attention is in korea because its a korean company and that is were kof games are strongest...from what we have looked at so far, they arent trying to change much, but they are asking for input for things people would like to see to help the game do better...either way, if anyone finds anything wrong with something were doing let us know....

Hey IoriYagami n8, can you post the URL for this site? I may be able to find some stuff out for ya.

Later.

------------------
Come get Mad OwNeD...

zy-

n00b
HHMMM this is a tough one, I say keep the voices the same.

BUT, IF THE ORIGINAL VOICE ACTORS TALK IN OTHER LANGUAGES, THAN THAT WOULD BE FINE WITH ME.I MEAN TERRY DOES A GOOD JOB, ALL THOUGH HIS ENGLISH SUCKS THESE JAPANESE GUYS DO A GOOD JOB.
SO IF YOU CAN MAKE RALF SPEAK BRAZILIAN FROM THE SAME JAPANESE ACTOR, I WOULD BE HAPPY.
smile.gif

Crazy Bee

n00b
Hey IoriYagami n8, thanks for link. I've looked around the site, and you and your friend pretty much summed up what's going down with 2K1. With a web page translator, non-korean speaking people can register at eolith and vote in the polls. If a web page translator is asked for, I'll post one, but people should already have one.

Later.

------------------
Come get Mad OwNeD...

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
BUT, IF THE ORIGINAL VOICE ACTORS TALK IN OTHER LANGUAGES, THAN THAT WOULD BE FINE WITH ME.
-----------------------

Thats is a cool idea. I would enjoy that the most I think.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
i dont think that non native koreans can sign up to vote, you have to be a memeber, and the member form to fill out requires a korean socail security number...my friend keaton used his so that we get access to everything....

------------------

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Korean social security number? How dodgy is that?

Anyway, I'd prefer option 2...unless it doesn't work out, then everybody speaking in Japanese is fine by me.

And in case Eolith is reading this post...

BUG CHECK THOROUGHLY KOF2001, DAMMIT! AND NOT GRAPHICWISE! KOF2000 HAD TOO MANY SHITTY BUGS AND IF THE SAME SHIT HAPPENS AGAIN IN KOF2001, I'M GONNA RIP OUT YOU MOFO'S THROATS WITH A FUCKING CHAINSAW!!! GRRRRRRRRRR....

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

Crazy Bee

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IoriYagami n8:
i dont think that non native koreans can sign up to vote, you have to be a memeber, and the member form to fill out requires a korean socail security number...my friend keaton used his so that we get access to everything....

.... what is that Child ID thing?? Is that the social sec. number??

Later.

------------------
Come get Mad OwNeD...

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
I'm a fence-sitter- halfway between #1 and #2.

I really like King's Japanese voices. It would be hard to give up the likes of "Nasakenai". Ditto for Chin Genzai. "Maa, nome nome", and "Niiiii-maaaa!" are classics.
biggrin.gif

If they wish to have Ralf speak Portuguese or Spanish, that would be fine except for "Galactica Phantom... DO-KAN!" which ABSOLUTELY MUST stay.

If Kasumi returns, they could try having her speak a few more lines of English- remember the phrase book victory pose in KOF'96?

If anyone's language is changed, the original voice actor should speak the lines.

------------------

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
yeah the number thing is submitted to the army there, as some may know in korea men serve 2 years in the army unless something medical wise prevents them, this is kind of like the draft, but sites ask for korean socials this way they can keep track of who hasnt had their check up for the army and all...it would be like dodging the draft...its a serouis offense....

------------------

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Speak Brazilian? Speak Mexican? Damn get your languages straight. Its like saying we all speak "American".

B

Brocken

I choose #2. There are a couple of reasons why I have done so. Firstly, it would add some much needed profundity to the series, and secondly, realism would be added to a rather unrealistic game series.

------------------
brocken1.jpg

May you all find what you are looking for

[This message has been edited by Brocken (edited April 28, 2001).]