Kof Ex on gba finnaly got a relese

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Been a while since I posted, so for all that remember me, HI! For all that dont, HI! as well. Anyway, I ran into Game Stop the other day and randomly found that KOF EX was recently relesed state side (after numerous delays) by Sammy of all people. Found out that KOF and Guilty Gear GBA were released on the same day for 15 bucks each! I picked up KOF but they were out of GG. Dont know if this is old news or not, but cool none the less. Although Ex isnt that great, better than nothing, and definitily tides over until EX2's release.

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
so this is first actually release of kof on gba here in the states? I was trying to figure out what the hell wen on with this thing
Steve

KaedesBlade

Bead Banger
I picked up kof ex and GG too. $30 for both. :D

<small>[ February 18, 2003, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: KaedesBlade ]</small>

ashram

CompUSA-4-Life, ,
cool isn't it? in dec. i sent e-mails to ebgames, gamestop, and sammy. Sammy said dec 5 was the official release date, ebgames told me to hit ebay, and gamestop said they would only carry them used. last month, sammy e-mailed me stating that gamestop made a LARGE purchase.... 2 days later, gamestop had it for sale.... I got them both ($35 shipped) and love em...

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
When I was working a few weeks back at Game Stop I noticed we had it for $15 so I pulled my GBA out of my pocket and threw the game in to see what it was like before I bought it. Sorry to say but the game is just not fun. The contolls are not all that responsive and the game play seems to slow compaired to a real KOF game. I did not buy it. I am concidering importing the KOF EX 2 though.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Its a nice novelty to have for only 15 bucks. I would love to import EX2 but with how much I spend on my AES as it is, I cant justify 50 bucks for a GBA game. EX1 isnt that great, but is fun to have around. How is GGX AE though? I havent got to play it yet. My local Gamestop was out when I went (got the last KOF).

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
thats cool.
i always wanted to check out the story.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I played King of Fighters EX and I must admit I thought the story was weak and terrible. The scrolling was also pretty bad, character made their entry by sliding sprites in and out of screen, bleh.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Haven't played KOF yet as my local Funco is out, but I did pick up GGX and it's not that bad. The controls aren't all that great but you do get used to them, but the best part is the additional modes of play that weren't in the other ones, such as 3 on 3.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
KOF EX1 just isn't worth bothering with, not even for $15. Spend the extra cash and get the infinitely better KOF EX2. You guys shouldn't mind spending a little more on importing a GBA game; you buy $300+ carts after all. wink

On a related note, the GBA SP kicks ass, and KOF EX2 looks fantastic on it.

Lee

Bionic Lester

Cheng's Errand Boy
I got both yesterday and I think KOF is great for a handheld fighter. Yes, its not perfect, but its still fun. However I have to conceed that GG is the better of the two.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I got both yesterday and I think KOF is great for a handheld fighter. Yes, its not perfect, but its still fun. However I have to conceed that GG is the better of the two.
Did you have low expectations when you bought it? :p Really, I was one of the few people actually defending EX1 when it came out in Japan(over a year ago! What took them so long to get it out here?), but the game has a lot of problems and is decent at best.

I cannot reccommend importing KOF EX2 enough. The game is so much better than the original in EVERY AREA. Better visuals, better quality backgrounds, imrpoved animation, MUCH improved sound quality(more voices for all characters and the music quality took a huge leap forward, sounding closer to the Neo now instead of the GBC like the original does), and the controls have been improved tenfold. I now think EX1 is basically crap after having played the sequel. Marvelous Entertainment switched to a new developer for EX2, and it REALLY paid off for them. If you look around, you should be able to find EX2 for as low as $35.

"I couldn't find KOF EX, it was sold out everywhere I went!!"

It's a sign telling you to get EX2. wink

Lee