Capcom vs. SNK 2 Apparently on Dreamcast

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
I received the new issue (June) of GamePro yesterday, and while reading it I came across some very good news. In the "E3 Extravaganza" article, in the Dreamcast section, Capcom vs. SNK 2 is listed, with a TBA target release date.

I know that some of you don't like the magazine. However, no matter how you may criticize its content, I've been a subscriber for years, and I've learned that GamePro isn't one to start a rumor, or to print anything without substantiation.

Let's hope this happens, and that Capcom has the fans in mind -- both Capcom and SNK.

------------------
--Riot--

[This message has been edited by RiotoftheBlood (edited April 24, 2001).]

fomaman

King's Dry Cleaner
So Ganepro CONFIRMED it? cool. is this the current issue that's out on the stands right now?

GamePro sucks, sorry. They probably don't have a clue if the game is actually going to hit the market yet in my opinion. I hope it does come out on Dreamcast but I don't think they have the facts to back themselves up. To them a game that is being made but there is no news about a release is called TBA. For example the PS9 is TBA.

[This message has been edited by samuraiX (edited April 25, 2001).]

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fomaman:
So Ganepro CONFIRMED it? cool. is this the current issue that's out on the stands right now?

I didn't say they confirmed it. It's only listed as a DC title. The June issue probably isn't out on the stands yet; look for it in about a week. By the way, it doesn't have any pictures or other information about the game.

------------------
--Riot--

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by samuraiX:
GamePro sucks, sorry. They probably don't have a clue if the game is actually going to hit the market yet in my opinion. I hope it does come out on Dreamcast but I don't think they have the facts to back themselves up. To them a game that is being made but there is no news about a release is called TBA. For example the PS9 is TBA.

[This message has been edited by samuraiX (edited April 25, 2001).]

You could be right, but it's listed as a title for E3. They must have gotten that information somewhere.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
I'd be very surprised if it wasn't released on Dreamcast.... Capcom are great supporters of the Dreamcast, and it uses the Naomi board anyway, so a perfect translation is assured.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rain:
I'd be very surprised if it wasn't released on Dreamcast.... Capcom are great supporters of the Dreamcast, and it uses the Naomi board anyway, so a perfect translation is assured.

That's what I'm thinking. Capcom also stuck it out with the Saturn until the very end.

------------------
--Riot--

1otaku

n00b
I'm going to E3, and was planing on leting everybody in on anything SNK related. I hope I'll be playing it in a couple of weeks.
Later.

------------------
SNK-Sega-Capcom
The blessed trilogy

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Gamepro not only turned into toilet paper years ago, but they've also been pretty wrong in the past. I still remember those idiots reported that the Neo Geo was DEAD, and even had it on a poll of "what system that died this year(1995) gets to you the most" or something similar...

...And then they go and preview Samurai 4 a little while later. Morons.

As for CvS2, Gamepro didn't confirm squat. Places like the Madman's Cafe had the first pictures of the game up, and the way Capcom is with Sega of course the game was going to be coming out on the DC, right along with CvS Pro, Heavy Metal, and Capcom/Psikyo All Stars(a Mahjong title).

Lee

------------------
"Issue the JUSTICE!!"
insertcutout1.gif

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
I don't think Gamepro are THAT bad..... they lost the plot with NeoGeo a while ago, but they get good news quite a lot. Not the best mag out there, but not too bad
smile.gif

Personally I take whatever GamePro reports with a whole damn chunk of salt, never mind the grain. More than likely they're ASSUMING CvS2 will come out on DC because part one did.

Most magazines are shite these days...rather go on the net.

------------------
"Finally, The Dragon returns...umm, home?"

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lyte Edge:
Gamepro not only turned into toilet paper years ago, but they've also been pretty wrong in the past. I still remember those idiots reported that the Neo Geo was DEAD, and even had it on a poll of "what system that died this year(1995) gets to you the most" or something similar...

...And then they go and preview Samurai 4 a little while later. Morons.

As for CvS2, Gamepro didn't confirm squat. Places like the Madman's Cafe had the first pictures of the game up, and the way Capcom is with Sega of course the game was going to be coming out on the DC, right along with CvS Pro, Heavy Metal, and Capcom/Psikyo All Stars(a Mahjong title).

Lee

I never said they confirmed anything. I only said that it was listed.

------------------
--Riot--

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
I miss the old CVG, before the shitty reboot they have now.... and i miss the Official Sega Saturn Magazine..... "sigh"

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rain:
I miss the old CVG, before the shitty reboot they have now.... and i miss the Official Sega Saturn Magazine..... "sigh"

I feel your pain.. I also miss the old CvG.. one of my favorite mags. The editors were all ace and were good reviewers. Now, the only UK magazine that I read is the Official UK Nintendo Magazine.

------------------
I maybe a hot blooded student... but I'm one hell of a fighter!!! -Batsu

Akurai Yurusan! HAH!!- Kim Kaphwan

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Batsu_Power:
I feel your pain.. I also miss the old CvG.. one of my favorite mags. The editors were all ace and were good reviewers. Now, the only UK magazine that I read is the Official UK Nintendo Magazine.

The thing with CVG was that you felt like you knew the guys working there.... a lot of them like Ed Lomas, Tom Guise and Alex Hutahla now work on the Official Dreamcast Mag UK, but its just not the same...... I also loved that Freeplay segment too
smile.gif

Mycah Leonhart

Cheng's Errand Boy
To tell the truth I never liked SEGA till the DC...I used to be a Nintendo man myself but NEVER Sony!

------------------
fetch.dll
Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens.......
http://communities.msn.com/MycahLeonhartFriends