SS4 torney vids cool!

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
I'll post the site if they are anygood, but they should be ok as i think they are from a chinese tourney, Oh what the hell here they are

<a href="http://www.diegame.com/video/index.htm" target="_blank">http://www.diegame.com/video/index.htm</a>
Enjoy, i'm excited as this is the first time i watch samurai shodown at high level play, except myself that is.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Downloading them now, I can't wait to see them but my schools wireless is working especially slow today. :mad:

Thanks for the link though, its not often you get to see much SS action these days. :(

Peace

JHendrix

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
VERY cool. Seeing this makes me want to start playing this series (after KoF and LB of course wink )

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
It's nice to see SS4 action, but I wouldn't call it high-level tournament play, I've seen way more dangerous players in arcades over here. The Ukyo players move very well, but I don't see what he is doing in a tournament, not when half the characters in the game have setups that can do almost a bar in damage.

Rimmy missed an easy infinite in the corner -- maybe the rules are no true infinites (you'd have to have that rule to make the game playable), but even then, she could have finished the 14-hitter to power up. This looks like high-level exhibition play to me.

Same deal with Bust Sogetsu, the mid-air shield tactics were hot, but Slash Sogetsu would have murdered Slash Haohmaru outright. I'm beginning to think that there was a list of rules a mile long to make sure that the tournament was not broken.

ie no completing 14-hit combos
no true infinites
no picking slash water or either version of hanzo and galford

<small>[ February 13, 2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: neojedi ]</small>

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
neojedi:
It's nice to see SS4 action, but I wouldn't call it high-level tournament play, I've seen way more dangerous players in arcades over here. The Ukyo players move very well, but I don't see what he is doing in a tournament, not when half the characters in the game have setups that can do almost a bar in damage.

Rimmy missed an easy infinite in the corner -- maybe the rules are no true infinites (you'd have to have that rule to make the game playable), but even then, she could have finished the 14-hitter to power up. This looks like high-level exhibition play to me.

Same deal with Bust Sogetsu, the mid-air shield tactics were hot, but Slash Sogetsu would have murdered Slash Haohmaru outright. I'm beginning to think that there was a list of rules a mile long to make sure that the tournament was not broken.

no true infinites
Yeah! maybe they did have rules to abide by, but i never seen ss4 played by others so i guess i don't know the whole hotdog. I think there's going to be more vids of it as you can see there is another box waiting to be filled.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
neojedi:

no true infinites
You gotta be my long lost brother or something.. I play exactly as you just stated with a black bust Ukyo around here.
Ukyo is the coolest fucking character in the whole series, and I honestly think that biased comment holds much ground!

Yeah, I played a good sogetsu player, and it was fun as hell. He knew most of the trap set ups from the get go, so I played a way people who do that dont expect. dash out of it. As dumb as that sounds it actually works against corner work.
I was using Kibagami Genjuro when that went down, and he brought out tam tam.

Most people like the 14 hits cause you can link to infinite (on the geocities kof cyberfanatics old site for example)
Haohmaru's 14 hit cancel infinite is very easy to do, and its a screw job, as unlike early deadly raves you can go way ahead of time with the 14 hits. (rbs)

I like Ukyo dash back qcf a, while its not that useful because most people are smart enough not to rush into a ukyo user. Probably the most useful escape in the game, much like iori's back back +b.

edit - c doesnt work in that escape ....

<small>[ February 13, 2003, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Lord Wolfgang Krauser ]</small>

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
These people have skill, but I'm not sure they have experience, it's easy to tell who has played SS4. wink Anyway, let's see... yes Ukyo is great but he needs more firepower in SS4 as I mentioned before. His best setup d+D, swallow was all over that vid.

If it's Slash waterboy you're talking about, mobility is the only way to beat him, if he succeeds in pinning you with his traps then he cannot lose.

Now Tam Tam, there's another thing... with all the showmanship in these vids, if this was a tournament, a single bastard Tam Tam user could have shut this stuff down with nothing but jumping C and standing A. Ugly but effective. And a very hard fight for either Ukyo.

And if the tournament rules were up to me, I'd keep everything. It's hard to keep an infinite going for over a bar, and if you're going up against a raged Hanzo who's using qcb+A,j.C then anything is justifiable.

<small>[ February 13, 2003, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: neojedi ]</small>

Zeekade Zarathos

Krizalids Fashion Designer
While the tournaments I've seen are infinited up the ass (making it almost as boring to watch as high level Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo play...marvel at Sagat's endless fireballs), but these vids were fun to watch.

And just because I feel like making this post just a little bit longer, in tournaments, I'm a strict Slash Sogestu, Bust Galford type guy and in regular, fun play I use Genjuro.

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
For some reason I can't get those vids to work, and I really want to see them... frown

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
these infinites you speak of on remukhan's old site... they don't work on anyone other than basara do they? not including the 14-hit based ones and galfords weaponless one, of course.

still waiting for the first match vid from the site linked in the initial post to download...

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Ok, I'm a very scrubby fighter, and don't completely comprehend infinites. Are they just moves that can be endlessly repeated (in theory)?

Zeekade Zarathos

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Lashujin:
Ok, I'm a very scrubby fighter, and don't completely comprehend infinites. Are they just moves that can be endlessly repeated (in theory)?
An "Infinite" refers to a combo that can either be repeated endlessly or parts of it can, sometimes only at certain points or on certain characters. For example, some characters are too small to be infinited because all of the hits won't connect, and sometimes the opponent has to be corner trapped. Infinites are sometimes confused with "100% Combos" which are just long, complex combos that take 100% of the opponent's life.

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
infinite = bugs

You use a bugfrom the game to do a things theorically impossible, especially in kof too!
Make a games all years dont help.
That s seem unfair and cheap, real fighter dont use a infinite. i guess that s my own opinions.
mmmm now i begin to download the video :)

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Priest:
all I seed is KoF2002.....>>
Well, honestly, you did bump up a month-old post... :p

If you checked it out in February, you would've seen the vids. Luckily for me, I downloaded them after I watched.

Real nice competition clips, too bad you didn't see them earlier... wink