New Hampshire Neo gamers unite!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I'm elated to learn of the existence of 'other' Neo-Geo gamers in the State of New
Hampshire. I was beginning to believe that I was the 'only' one left in this backward
State. lol No arcades, no nothing.... we live in jest, no? We need to find the time
to meet one another. Hell, I'm tired of being the only NH Neo gamer here! lololol I'm
probably the only Neo gamer in my town anyway, but hell, its lonely!
biggrin.gif

We're a dying breed and we need to stick together!
biggrin.gif
Besides, its easier to make
trades.
wink.gif
J/K! LOL

[Edited for no good reason]
biggrin.gif

------------------
rbsterry.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited April 23, 2001).]

S

Silent_Scope

if you send me the ticket to NH then I'll meet you with my Neo AES and CD systems
biggrin.gif

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Goemon and Yae to stand a chance"
fetch.dll

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
if you send me the ticket to NH then I'll meet you with my Neo AES and CD systems
biggrin.gif

Sure, Silent...
biggrin.gif
You can live in the shed behind my house where the wolves play. Once you're gone, I'll take your systems.
biggrin.gif

------------------
rbsterry.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

Hinge

Mr. Big's Thug
Heh, you should see Vermont. I know two other people who play neo games, and those are my brothers because I bought a cabinet and made them play :P

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hinge:
Heh, you should see Vermont. I know two other people who play neo games, and those are my brothers because I bought a cabinet and made them play :P

My brother won't even play Neo-Geo with me anymore.
frown.gif
He says 'I drove him
crazy'..... whatever that means.
biggrin.gif

------------------
rbsterry.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

ShinGo585

n00b
I hear ya. Im from southern NH, there is shit for arcades here. There used to be a decent one in the Rockingham Mall, but it went out of business about a year ago. They had a 4 slot with Metal Slug 1, 2, Real Bout 2, and another game i forget. I used to pump a hell of alot of quarters into that machine. There is this place in hooksett called space something, the place is pretty big, im not sure what they have for games though.

S

Silent_Scope

Neolord, I think it's time for you to sell all your Neo collection now
biggrin.gif

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Goemon and Yae to stand a chance"
fetch.dll

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hey,

I grew up in Portsmouth, NH. Attended Portsmouth High School 81-85. Go "Clippers"

-Pichai

ECM

Quiz Detective
My parents live in NH and I visit 2-3 times a year. I used to frequent the arcade in the Steeplegate Mall, but iirc, it's ass now (if it's even still there).

Funspot is still halfway decent, though--lots of classic arcade games and it was the first place I played arcade Dark Stalkers way back when.

No man's land,
ECM

[This message has been edited by ECM (edited April 24, 2001).]

L

Lockheed

Hey! I love New Hampshire-naturally!
biggrin.gif
Well, except for the complete absence of arcades. Grrr....why are all the arcades going out? First the one at the Lilac Mall in Rochester (although their games were so outdated it wasn't funny; I think Tekken 2 was their most recent game a year and a half ago-BLECH!) and then at Fox Run (most recent game there was Marvel vs. Capcom-Japanese version-P.U.)

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ShinGo585:
I hear ya. Im from southern NH, there is shit for arcades here. There used to be a decent one at the Rockingham Mall, but it went out of business about a year ago. They had a 4 slot with Metal Slug 1, 2, Real Bout 2, and another game i forget. I used to pump a hell of alot of quarters into that machine. There is this place in hooksett called space something, the place is pretty big, im not sure what they have for games though.

I was born and raised in Hudson, New Hampshire!
smile.gif
I used to visit The Dream Machine all the time at the Pheasent Lane Mall in Nashua, NH. In fact, The Dream Machine was one of the first Metal Slug 1 test sites in New Hampshire.
smile.gif
Oh yes, I remember the Arcade in the Rockingham Mall! They were the first to have KOF '94.
biggrin.gif

My family and I relocated to Barnstead, NH in late '97 to get away from Nashua.
biggrin.gif

------------------
rbsterry.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited April 24, 2001).]

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ECM:
My parents live in NH and I visit 2-3 times a year. I used to frequent the arcade in the Steeplegate Mall, but iirc, it's ass now (if it's even still there).

The Steeplegate Mall is 30 minutes from my house (I shop there regularly).
biggrin.gif
The Arcade by the Food Court has been closed for the past 2 years.
frown.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">No man's land,
ECM

Welcome to the club!
smile.gif

------------------
rbsterry.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

L

Lockheed

Wasn't that arcade called Aladdin's Lamp or something along those lines? I remember it having something to do with Aladdin...

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Lockheed:
<STRONG>Wasn't that arcade called Aladdin's Lamp or something along those lines? I remember it having something to do with Aladdin...</STRONG>

You're thinking of Aladdin's Castle -- an Arcade franchise owned by Namco.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
you think you're alone in NH? I know that i HAVE to be the only one in the state who has a neo. Suprisingly enough, my local arcade still has a 2 slot MVS machine with Metal Slug 2 and Puzzle Bobble. I also think that they're selling the cabinet for like, upwards of $200 too!

I mean, they aren't really selling it like putting a sign up, but i know that you can ask to buy some of their games if they are no longer raking in the kash.

Most of my friends like the Neo, but only about 3 of them REALLY like it and are into the fighting games. My friend and I had a 4 hour KOF 2K marathon! oh MAN i kicked his ass! SO many blinding combos with K'... it was magical.

Rhode Island is a real nice place to be, but when it comes to NeoGeo, it's sucks raw cornhole.