No Time
For Games.
taken from the site...

Comment from the insider
田中 敬一 (Keiichi Tanaka)
サウンド担当(Sound)
スタジオアクア所属 (Studio Aqua)

His other sound work:
「怒号層圏」(Dogosouken?)、「航空騎兵物語」(ko-ku kihei monogatari) 、「原始島」(genshi-jima) 、「キング・オブ・ザ・モンスターズ1&#6528 6;2」(King of the Monsters 1,2) 、「餓狼伝説」(garo densetsu )
、「豪血寺一族シリーズ全般」(Go-ketsuji ichizoku series)
、「ガイアクルセイダーズ」(Gaia crusaders )、「アクエリアンエイジ~東京ウォーズ&#123 01;(Aquarian age, Tokyo Wars) 、「戦国伝承2001」(sengoku denshou)など

Q.What is your concept on this new Go-ketsuji ichizoku game?
A. This game series is so much different from the normal fighting game, so I want the music to be different and powerful as well.

Q.Is there a specific music that you know you want to use on this game?
A. I’m going to use the relaxing Ukurere talk music or folk song. I think only this game can use such music.

Q.Where is the section of music you really want users to listen to?
A.I’m very confident of the song quality. I want users to enjoy the gap between the music and games, melody and lyrics, some uncomfortable mismatch. Also, this is not only for Go-ketsu game, but for any arcade game music, the most important thing is to give “impact” on users. Especially I want users to say “what the hell is this” for this game.

Q.What do you think is the most difficult part on this job.
A.Coordination together with the background image is.

Q.Tell me your final comments.
A.I will continue making music that’ll provide a big impact on users as they play.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
That sounds exactly like PI2, which is a very good thing.

Especially I want users to say “what the hell is this” for this game.
That's what I said when I first popped in PI2.

<small>[ February 05, 2003, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Average Joe ]</small>

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I have a strange feeling that the team behind the sountrack will only use a single channel for the soundtrack, nominated the ADPCM-B.

This was already used with Rage of the Dragons, Fatal Fury Special and KOF96 for the W.Krauser theme ( Same track on both games ). buttrock

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
There was a UK documentary about Sony on TV last night, and it had a small snippet of someone playing a PI game, for about 30 seconds on a 50" screen, dont ask me why, or which it was, but it had the 'refs' ala samsho in the background.

I found it strange.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
We have a PI cab in our school arcade. No one ever touches it.

It's an okay game, too. Certainly more enojable than the Vs games rubbish that all the urine smelling losers play.

Man, our arcade sucks.

Tangent:

Why does every arcade have to have Cruisin USA and SF Rush? Such a waste.