The grade system is a POS

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I think the grade system sucks for carts, here is another satisfied customer "16 twit just sold me a jap sam 2 home cart,was supposed to be in excellent condtion...came cracked missing a tray piece,sticker residue all over,frayed top insert.....bullshit!....
thanks brotha...you just made the shit list"
-DSD
Well that proves beyond any doubt that people can hide behind there, "grade system" and yes ive been screwed by it as well.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
JEEZ, Never has a truer word been said!
I would say that over half the items I buy on Ebay are a disapointment in some respect! (Did you mean E-Bay?) If I am selling something I give it a grade, but I list everything about it that differs from when it was made! My advise is: Buy from people who take the time to write a comprehensive description for their items! Its what people don't put, that you should be wary of! I bought an item which was described as "Mint as New" and when it arrived it had the original owners name scratched onto the back of the casing! Full name! 4cm long! Be very wary of people who just put "Very Good Condition" or "8/10" because if they dont quantify that grade to give you a frame of reference, it's too subjective. "Very good condition" could mean anything! Good for its age or still works but cosmetically poor! You just can't tell.
"Caveat Emptor" (Is that right?)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I meant all around these games are not diamonds, there video games.....800 for Garou......,and it will fall to 350 next year just watch.....

[This message has been edited by Lord Wolfgang Krauser (edited April 23, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lord Wolfgang Krauser (edited April 23, 2001).]

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
Im gettin sick of ebay all together. You see a pic and game descrip but when you get it its a frickin rental with stickers all over it. Half the games I got off their were fucking rentals!

baller99

Banned
near mint old style stick arrived to my door like this...
stick ball cracked, Electrical wiring to hold the connector in place, scartches everywhere, many small cracks, broken D button, stuck select buttons, faded snk logo.

near mint...

Peter

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Ive just released the new grade list is as follows....
Brand new = new, but carts insert appears rinkled.
Excellent = good condition white marks on insert, other imperfections etc.
Near mint = destruction, still working
very good = broken not workin at all.
good = dont ask
bad = nothing, you dont even get what you paid for...
this should help.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i have a question..
i got a ffspecial
cart along time ago
when i didnt even have my cart system
off ebay
(it was pretty cheap..$40)
and they said it was mint..
so i got it and i noticed a cut
across the label
horizontal wise..
was this a converted cart?
there was no stickers or
any thing bad on it
just that linear cut
i got in touch with them since there
was no mention in the auction about
this and they refunded my money very
quickly and were great service wise
just curious if any knows..

------------------
clark___.gif

HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
I think the grade system sucks for carts, here is another satisfied customer "16 twit just sold me a jap sam 2 home cart,was supposed to be in excellent condtion...came cracked missing a tray piece,sticker residue all over,frayed top insert.....bullshit!....
thanks brotha...you just made the shit list"
-DSD

Well that proves beyond any doubt that people can hide behind there, "grade system" and yes ive been screwed by it as well.

I listed the item as excellent condition because the only flaw in the cart was the frayed insert. I also did not notice any cracks in the case tray or serious sticker marks on the box.
I trust DSD's descrpition of the game, and I imagine that the game suffered during shipping.

I have already emailed DSD with my address (incase he misplaced it) along with my offer for a full refund, or a box exchange.

LWK, I AM NOT HIDING BEHIND ANYTHING. I have sold over 300 neo geo games both on and off ebay over the past year and even though most transactions go off well, sometimes mistakes and accidents during shipping happen. The item was not insured but it my philosophy that it is MY RESPONSIBILITY to ensure that the game arrives saftly and I treat this responsibility with the upmost sincerity and seriousness.

Carlson

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
That was an example, had it been shipped perfectly then no damage would have been sustained, i never once mentioned "16 BIT" in my post.

Perhaps you are right...
The case trays are extremly fragile and are suseptible to shocks and temperature changes that result in cracks. I pack all of my games with at least 2 layers of packaging - bubble pack and cardboard. Sometimes breakage happens, and if it does, I am responsible for it, ok?

Carlson

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
No harm to you or your business practices, I have heard good things about you, so I have a good conception in my mind.

------------------
32638253.jpg

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
16-bit's business practices are among the very best of any seller I have ever dealt with. I bought five carts from him, and all were graded EXTREMELY fairly and VERY well packaged. We've all seen other posts from his satisfied customers (there was a whole thread about it a while ago, I think), and I don't think its fair to single him out, especially in a thread about bad grading of carts. IMHO, his grading is REALLY great, and VERY honest . . . if anything, on the conservative side . . .
biggrin.gif

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chimpmeister:
16-bit's business practices are among the very best of any seller I have ever dealt with. I bought five carts from him, and all were graded EXTREMELY fairly and VERY well packaged. We've all seen other posts from his satisfied customers (there was a whole thread about it a while ago, I think), and I don't think its fair to single him out, especially in a thread about bad grading of carts. IMHO, his grading is REALLY great, and VERY honest . . . if anything, on the conservative side . . .
biggrin.gif

You know your right, its impossible to have a perfect record. Even for the most respected of sellers.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Pics people, pics. That the KEY. I learned this lesson a long time ago from eBay-no picture, no purchase (OK, bad pun...). Seriously though, if someone wants to sell an item worth buying, they'll supply a picture of it. And I'm not talking some $25 digital camera pic; either a GOOD digital camera, or a 35mm scan. Granted, I know a pic alone will not always save you from a bad buy: some people re-use scans (Adol comes to mind) or use links to sites like Shawn's. But at least it gives you a general idea as to what you are buying, and if you SAVE the pic from the auction, you have something to argue your case with (some sellers delete the pics from the site they are linked to after the auction ends) . I never buy "blind" anymore (unless its a brand new, boxed item, like a computer part) on collectibles anymore. And if something doesn't look right, ask the seller. If you are still not satisfied, hey, just pass on it. I find that with Neo items, what you are looking for comes around eventually.

[This message has been edited by TMOSteel (edited April 24, 2001).]

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I just never use eBay.
biggrin.gif

I have made two purchases through eBay and they were fine, but that was many moons ago. Since then, I have heard countless horror stories about people getting ripped off, and not receiving the merchandise they wanted in the condition it should have been. It's enough to take my search efforts elsewhere... like this forum and maybe a few mailing lists.

You can keep eBay... I ain't that desperate to own games.
biggrin.gif

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
The problem is not the grading system. The system is merely a list of terms with descriptions that can be used to classify an item as being in a certain condition. The problem is that too many people do not grade their items correctly, or they grade them deceptively.

For instance, on eBay, the word "MINT" is a big plus in getting people to look at your auction. Like a "MINT CONDITION BEANIE BABY." WTF? Minting is a process used to make COINS, how the hell did we get started using it for EVERYTHING? Baseball cards would be my guess.
wink.gif

Anyway, people use the term mint, even if they later describe problems in the auction that would make the item be classified as a lower condition. I saw a "MINT CONDITION ACE COMBAT 2 FOR PSX" on eBay. Within the description, though, they indicated that there were several fingerprints on the disc, some minor scratches, and a HOLE that went all the way through the disc itself (Other than the hole at the center of the disc, for any smartasses that wanted to take that opening
wink.gif
). Does that sound MINT?
tongue.gif

When I have sold PSX games on eBay, people get exactly the item described. If I list the item as mint, I also take the time to state within the auction that there are no scratches, no fingerprints, etc. Anything less than the condition in which it came out of the package new is not mint.

As for 16-Bit, I have heard nothing but good things about his selling practices, so I would say give him the benefit of the doubt.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

Coming To Theatres This Summer: Chimps Packing Heat: The Movie
pm_segalogo.gif

S

Silent_Scope

First, I have to make comment about 16-bit; he's a good seller. I remembered when I first used Ebay and won his auction, I had a little problem using paypal and he's patient enough to wait for me to go thru the transaction. Thanks, pal
smile.gif

Second, using picture isn't a perfect way to "describe" an item on Ebay. We've seen endless of "picture stealing", "out-of-focus picture", "re-cycled picture" and so on so how can you tell? Maybe the Neo system has a big scratch underneath but the seller just ttakes picture from the top showing it's "mint" or "perfect condition". To me, just buy stuff from reliable sellers and your money will be safe. Even if you receive an defective or different from the description item then they are willing to exchange or issue full refund.

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Goemon and Yae to stand a chance"
fetch.dll