KOF 2003 News via Cyberfan

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
<a href="http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/cyberfan/main.htm" target="_blank">http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/cyberfan/main.htm</a>

I am glad that so far K9999 and Angel arent among the roster. Even though we cant draw a final conclusion, its damn good. These newer additions since 2k1 made this series feel less its native.

I am glad to hear Jhun might return. This is what I've complained about since 2k1 released.
I dont mind May Lee, I like her swaps, CEPT she doesnt take half the skill as Jhun did..

Jhun is just much better, and his swaps werent as lame as May Lee's. You could abuse her like mad in 2k1.

NO STRIKERS GENTS! Thats a great thing. Hopefully no more bc cancels either. Its always a wishers well. Now if they can only do away with wall bouncing...

If this has already been posted, discard this.
Thanks,
D

<small>[ September 10, 2003, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: Lord Wolfgang Krauser ]</small>

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
<a href="http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/cyberfan/main.htm" target="_blank">http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/cyberfan/main.htm</a>

I am glad that so far K9999 and Angel arent among the roster. Even though we cant draw a final conclusion, its damn good. These newer additions since 2k1 made this series feel less its native.

I am glad to hear Jhun might return. This is what I've complained about since 2k1 released.
I dont mind May Lee, I like her swaps, CEPT she doesnt take half the skill as Jhun did..

Jhun is just much better, and his swaps werent as lame as May Lee's. You could abuse her like mad in 2k1.

NO STRIKERS GENTS! Thats a great thing. Hopefully no more bc cancels either. Its always a wishers well. Now if they can only do away with wall bouncing...

If this has already been posted, discard this.
Thanks,
D
K9999 is a cool character, what a shame!

Its still not enough info, I wonder how its going to turn out.

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
If this news is true, then it's pleasing to hear.

But personally I'd wait for the first official pieces of info, straight from the folks themselves (Playmore.)

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Athena is useable... no strikers.
I'm already sold. When is it coming out? :)

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
WTF!?!?!

NO ANGEL!?!?!!!!!!!

very_ang blow_top very_ang blow_top very_ang :mad:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
if this is true, it will be one of the worst news I heard this year so far:

+ So far, Whip, Kyo Kusanagi, Athena and a few other are playable

+ Athena has been slightly toned down. (if they mean from 2002)

- Whip and Mai Shiranui are same.

- Kyo is also pretty much same with his 99-02 outfit.

- Missing amongst portraits were Angel, K9999 etc. blow_top blow_top blow_top (it better be changed)

- No strikers are seen yet. (can't they just tune it down !?)

? The gameplay system is quite new (what the fuck was wrong 2001??? bring back the cancel and the wire attack systems, bitches)

? There is a new main character (as K' was in KOF99). However, the character design is neither handsome nor cool.

! There will not be any official word or news till November. annoyed

<small>[ September 10, 2003, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: k'_127 ]</small>

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
It can't wait to hear more about KoF 2003 drool_2 so far from what they've said it sounds okay...

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Man, I can't wait to play as the ugly dork. This game is going to rock. :o

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
So far so good, finally some news. Rumor or not at least is something.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
k'_127:
Curious; why do you like the strikers system? To me it just feels like SNK could not think of something new so decided to use something else that had worked in other games (aka: a gimick).

I don't want to derail this too far, I just never thought that strikers fit in the kof scheme of things.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Strikers DO NOT BELONG in KOF. No. Never.
A bad Capcom idea that polluted one of my favorite series for three years.

I wish I could get excited about this, but honestly does anyone here really expect anything new or compelling from this series? KOF is a dead horse on the pavement, pounded a quarter-inch thin by Playmore. The magic left this series for me a long time ago. A makeover is desperately needed.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If SNK were going to ever impliment the Strikers system again, I believe that the competition should still be 3 on 3 play BUT if you call in one of your partners to Strike the opposition, that Striker should lose some energy bar if the opponent retaliates with hits to that Striker.Then when he/she steps in officially for battle they will start with a depleted bar...
that would be fair IMO. You shoukd be able to eliminate a Striker before they officially fight.
Playmore,just hit me up in PM if you need me to consult any further... heh.
-BB

I really don´t like the strikers comming out of nowhere into the fight, should be like 94 or (95?), where your team is in the background and you call them to assist you.

<small>[ September 10, 2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: metallizer ]</small>

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Shapermc:
k'_127:
Curious; why do you like the strikers system? To me it just feels like SNK could not think of something new so decided to use something else that had worked in other games (aka: a gimick).

I don't want to derail this too far, I just never thought that strikers fit in the kof scheme of things.
briefly, I consider KOF's strikers completly different from strikers in capcom's games.

I'm planning to post a thread about this in the KOF forum when I get time(that's if people check there anymore). but I've just posted something in that KOF 2000 thread there and it might give an idea.

A

AGA-system

CYBERFAN IS A GAY SITE.
THIS NEWS IS JUST BULLSHIT.
MODS, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!
REMOVE THIS FAKE NEWS.
I DONT BELIVE THIS BULLSHITTING,
UNTIL I SEE THE GAME FOR MYSELF.

OVER.

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
Cool news if its true

BUT, the Ninja Masters combo vid below that announcement is what got my attention, KILLER stuff in there. Plus it shows the boss & sub-boss as playable.........is that in the FAQ?

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
AGA-system:
CYBERFAN IS A GAY SITE.
REMOVE THIS FAKE NEWS.

OVER.
Fuck off

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Lord Wolfgang Krauser:

Yay, angel was the only semi-decent new character from the k1+ games, she'll be missed, but the rest can get lost.

Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
Woot! Jhun fucking rocks. That was my biggest gripe about 2k1 when the roster was announced. Why create a great new character just to swap him for a retarded kamen rider knockoff?
Jhun = badass
Maylee = wank

Lord Wolfgang Krauser:

Eh, strikers never really killed the series for me, so I'm ambivalent about that. They were novel but fairly inneffective in '99, overpowered and fast (but probably the most fun) in 2k, not worth a super meter in 2k1 and I can't say I care either way.

I just can't get excited about another kof game anymore. Meh, it'll be passable, but I still have my '97 and 2k.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
AGA-system:
CYBERFAN IS A GAY SITE.
REMOVE THIS FAKE NEWS.

OVER.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
This isn't the fucking WWE, you don't need a GIMMICK to post on this fucking forum, you 14 year old queen. CUT the fucking caps and post something worthwhile you piece of shit.

In other news, K9999 better show up, or I boycott. Pretty simple.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
maybe k9999 will be in there.
and then explode into a gelatinous mass
and envelope all of what was rebuilt from
southtown s 2000 castastrophe.
then chizura will call back orochi to
contain the destruction.
its brilliant.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
rarehero:
maybe k9999 will be in there.
and then explode into a gelatinous mass
and envelope all of what was rebuilt from
southtown s 2000 castastrophe.
then chizura will call back orochi to
contain the destruction.
its brilliant.
lol. honestly, i could only hope
for something as...classic?

*watches akira*

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
Confirmed news ? where are the pictures ? and you cant tell that confirmed news if that s not from playmore !

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
If Kula's still there, I'm happy :D

It's too bad about Angel though :( (qube won't be too pleased, either...)